You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Ross *****Tonight's Show Thread, REGISTER HERE FOR LAST LONG

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited February 2014
    ross im from mansfield i consider my self and chesterfield to be midlands although when i was at college the londeners always called me nothern and the newcastle lads always called me a southerener hope that helps clear up what were classed as
  • edited February 2014

last longer pls.
  • edited February 2014
    am i lucky/unlucky 

when it comes too my game i thought i was unlucky alot moaning about beats and other peoples play until i got involved in the forum and evryone has been fantastic.. joining TPT has been a huge help and the people in the team have giving advice which is great.     

i soon relised i wasnt unlucky it was my own play, and trying too improve everyday.

• edited February 2014
    Sarah from Sky asked us about luck
    How do you fare do you end up unstuck
    Favourite or not when the moneys all in
    Some you will lose and some you will win
    The advice I will give is throw muck in the muck
  • edited February 2014
    One of the most surreal moments at the UKPC was when a few of us Sky Poker regs were talking to Anna Fowler at the bar (who was looking lovely), and a very drunk DevilFish came along and proceeded to take command of the conversation! I am sure he thought he was flirting with Anna, but it turned out to be a little more risque than was comfortable.

To Anna's credit, she took it well and acted like a true professional... but she did run away rather sharply when DevilFish said he was going to get his guitar (leaving me holding his ten shots of vodka and Red Bull). He then returned - inexplicably, with an acoustic guitar, which I assume he was serenading Sam Trickett with in the VIP room - and played a few old standards (to a much better level than I would have given him credit for), while POKEY2011 and I sang along for quarter of an hour.

Thankfully he had forgotten about his ribald banter with Anna (who was still hiding in the corner) and was happy enough to pluck some strings until his repertoire dwindled!
  • edited February 2014
    Are you guys doing Mastercash hand requests later?

Its just that I mayyyyy have a hand against Richard Orford he maaaaayyy not want shown ;)
  • edited February 2014

Bonsoir Madame Champion et Monsieur Jarvis.

Poker is 90% skill, 15% luck and 20% maths.

It's not an original joke but it's still better than that knock-knock debacle.

The luck in poker is down to things like seat draws in big moments. You can't deny that you're a lucky fellow when you're drawn on Orford's left in the main event. 

That turned out a bit dull... Make it sound witty for me, Sarah. Ta very much.

• edited February 2014
    Thanks for showing that 7 10 flopped straight hand, looked away whilst finishing my lasagna and missed the result. Wondered where the chips went!
  • edited February 2014
    OUT!!!

#749419520   should i have shoved here, as it is a turbo there was a raise then a re-raise so didnt want too mess about.  
    right or wrong ross?
  • edited February 2014
    Here it is!

Hand number 746813747

18th Feb on Mastercash 9.

Maybe we should watch from Richards perspective and analyse his play :)
  • edited February 2014
    Did i make the right decision here? (main event)  (749,429,768)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Ross *****Tonight's Show Thread, REGISTER HERE FOR LAST LONGER COMP!*****:
    One of the most surreal moments at the UKPC was when a few of us Sky Poker regs were talking to Anna Fowler at the bar (who was looking lovely), and a very drunk DevilFish came along and proceeded to take command of the conversation! I am sure he thought he was flirting with Anna, but it turned out to be a little more risque than was comfortable. To Anna's credit, she took it well and acted like a true professional... but she did run away rather sharply when DevilFish said he was going to get his guitar (leaving me holding his ten shots of vodka and Red Bull). He then returned - inexplicably, with an acoustic guitar, which I assume he was serenading Sam Trickett with in the VIP room - and played a few old standards (to a much better level than I would have given him credit for), while POKEY2011 and I sang along for quarter of an hour. Thankfully he had forgotten about his ribald banter with Anna (who was still hiding in the corner) and was happy enough to pluck some strings until his repertoire dwindled!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Ps I have got the video footage on my phone lol and yes it was a great part of the weekend Brian :)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Ross *****Tonight's Show Thread, REGISTER HERE FOR LAST LONGER COMP!*****:
    Here it is! Hand number 746813747 18th Feb on Mastercash 9. Maybe we should watch from Richards perspective and analyse his play :)
    Posted by gazza127

I don't know what this hand is. But I do know I don't want it shown. Lol!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Ross *****Tonight's Show Thread, REGISTER HERE FOR LAST LONGER COMP!***** : I don't know what this hand is. But I do know I don't want it shown. Lol!
    Posted by RicOrford

I apologise in advance Richard.
  • edited February 2014
    The luck in poker comes from WHEN you get your beats - good or bad. 

For example, you could hit a one outer in a small pot against a short stack and get one outered yourself in a big MTT when it really matters. 

We all know the maths say it will even itslef out but they cannot even out when it happens. 
  • edited February 2014
    EATSLPPLY is not eat Slippy..... its EAt Sleep Play.. I couldnt fit it all in...  :)
  • edited February 2014
    A question for Ross about playing aggressive players, especially when they have position on you.

How do you deal with players that are either 3 betting you or calling yours a lot. I find it hard to play when I both hit and miss. I will bet the same either way but I either win a small pot or lose an inflated one. 
  • edited February 2014
    My thoughts on that hand?

5 mistakes. That's not bad. For me.
  • edited February 2014
    BOOM..... £6  DIRECT - 1 SEAT .... BINK!!!!! SEE YOU SUNDAY MEGA ROLLER!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014

Completely agree with what Ross said about luck, it's pretty much impossible to win a poker tournament without getting lucky at least once, that doesn't detract in any way from it being a skill based game and it's what makes us love the game.

Am I lucky.... I'll let you be the judges, my exit hand from the UKPC 6Max in level 2 (bearing in mind I'd bubbled the main event satellite 4 times).

My Hand JsQs
    1 raiser before me, I flat
    2 more callers from the blinds

Jh Qh x flop, it checks to me I bet 3/4 pot, 1 caller from the Small Blind
    9h turn check / check
    Qc river giving me the nut full house, he leads out 1200, I raise 5000, he re-raises to 15000 I jam approx. 32,000 snap call.

Obviously he has Kh 10h for the straight flush.

No more bad beat stories I promise :)

• edited February 2014
    Luck in poker is playing 50nl to see Richard Orford sit down.

;)
  • edited February 2014

look...

9:58 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 544 572 225 41  
    left 65 175 9    

Ozzy1000 11 25      
    goodylad21 22 73      
    JHEROCALLH 25 50      
    richhazza 27 62      
    henners10 29 162      
    bosswite 40 141      
    TheDart 41 143      
    FunnyBunny 51 68      
    RicOrford 62 95      

• edited February 2014
    "RicOrford has finished 52nd and wins £24.48, and was awarded 10 Poker Points."

And that Ross, is what you call a 'cash'.

Still in the mini too!
  • edited February 2014
    I am so lucky... hitting set after set in the run up to the final table in tonights main... sorry everyone

• edited February 2014
    jackpot possibles…        

10:27 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 544 572 225 41  
    left 22 77 2    

Ozzy1000 2 43      
    goodylad21 21 48      

• edited February 2014
     "RicOrford has finished 72nd and wins £5.43 and £2.34 Head Prizes, and was awarded 5 Poker Points"

And that Ross, is what you call a 'double cash'.

Call me for lessons.
  • edited February 2014
    Well at least I finished higher than Mr Orford in the mini.  I only play cash tables on a Tuesday and just as I joined you showed my table (31). So didn't make the telly again.

My goal is to make the Sky Poker Final a DTD in 2015.....will see you there

Chrissie
  • edited February 2014
    Watching the show, and after Ross said you have to put bad beats behind you well this isn't poker related but I had 4 teams in the champs league to win and the Man U game was the last one to run with me needing them to lose for £300 but I decided to cash out at 0-0 for just £75 and then they went on to love meaning I lost out on £225 is this a good win or a bad loss? The stake I put on was £10, but I just feels like a bad loss to me :( 
  • edited February 2014
    I visited UKPC railing Glen Altham an entry into the PLO event. It was my first ever live play, initially felt like a fish out of water, but this soon change when I started to play cash on a £1 - £1 table. I sat with £100 and left with £450 a I was made most welcome and all my mistakes were toleranred.  This was a great experience all around and I will definitely be doing this again. Hats off to DTD very well organised! If you have not tried one of these events get along they are fantastic! 

Ken1961