You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards...

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
...have all been updated for today.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Thanks, good promo keep it up ! 
  • edited March 2014
    All updated for today folks.
  • edited March 2014
    All leaderboards updated folks..
  • edited March 2014
    Interesting thing has happened here... Look at the bronze leaderoard compared to the silver. Just shows people really can put the grind in when they think they have a good chance...
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards...:
    Interesting thing has happened here... Look at the bronze leaderoard compared to the silver. Just shows people really can put the grind in when they think they have a good chance...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Tbh, it just shows how many people can multi-account or turn up for a 1 off promo cos they didn't play much the previous month imo. Alot of these aren't regs that have upped their grind.
  • edited March 2014
    Where's the link to the leaderboards?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : Tbh, it just shows how many people can multi-account or turn up for a 1 off promo cos they didn't play much the previous month imo. Alot of these aren't regs that have upped their grind.
    Posted by Lambert180
    It can't be a complete new account, because they needed a minimum of 100 points last month. There are 1 or 2 names on there I know used to be high rake generators though.
  • edited March 2014
    This promotion would be great if it ran again next month, especially at the bronze level. 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : It can't be a complete new account, because they needed a minimum of 100 points last month. There are 1 or 2 names on there I know used to be high rake generators though.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    From the promo page...

"If you earned between 0 – 99 points in February then you can choose which leaderboard you would like to play on.

The first leaderboard you opt-in to will be the one that you are on."

So no reason why someone couldn't make a brand new account for it.

If you were a big high raking player, which table would you pick? Knowing you could CRUSH Bronze easily and lock up 2 x £850 or try to compete with some of the highest rakers on the site when it's only a fairly small difference in Gold (2 x £1100)

Some of them are 'old' players though yeah. One of them seems to come and go from the site (both at the tables and on the forum) in exact correllation with someone else that comes and goes from the site and forum. But meh, no point moaning about it.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : From the promo page... " If you earned between  0 – 99 points   in February then you can choose which leaderboard you would like to play on. The first leaderboard you opt-in to will be the one that you are on." So no reason why someone couldn't make a brand new account for it. If you were a big high raking player, which table would you pick? Knowing you could CRUSH Bronze easily and lock up 2 x £850 or try to compete with some of the highest rakers on the site when it's only a fairly small difference in Gold (2 x £1100) Some of them are 'old' players though yeah. One of them seems to come and go from the site (both at the tables and on the forum) in exact correllation with someone else that comes and goes from the site and forum. But meh, no point moaning about it.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ah, I didn't know that. Kind of a rubbish rule IMO.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : Ah, I didn't know that. Kind of a rubbish rule IMO.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Indeed
  • edited March 2014
    The perfect promo will never exist, but sky listened to everyones suggestions following the winter promo re splitting the prizes into different tierings..and they have so you cant slate them for that

A few minor adjustments might need to be made, but its a good promo nonetheless
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : Ah, I didn't know that. Kind of a rubbish rule IMO.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'm sure it's not easy, but it seems to be a re-occurring theme with these promotions at the moment.

Start with a good idea, build it into a very good idea and then just before they sign it off, someone throws something in that spoils the good ideas and intentions.
  • edited March 2014
    It's a good promo for those who get under 3000pp in a month, for the bronze level.

Atleast a lot of people will get some sort of prize, even if it's only a tenner or 20 quid.

But it does mean someone who hasn't played much last month, but is a grinder, can lock up top spot.

This promo was definatly gonna benefit some, but not everyone.
  • edited March 2014
    It's a good promo for those who get under 3000pp in a month, for the bronze level. Atleast a lot of people will get some sort of prize, even if it's only a tenner or 20 quid. But it does mean someone who hasn't played much last month, but is a grinder, can lock up top spot. This promo was definatly gonna benefit some, but not everyone.
    Posted by LARSON7
    That will be the case for any promotion.

Not sure how we can really criticise Sky for this one. Every player can win an amount out of it. Previous promotions have been slated for only looking after the higher stakes grinders. I'm putting in next to no volume presently and yet have just noticed that currently I'm gonna get a tenner. 

For the grinders at the lower stakes, this is a chance to win a significant prize by putting in a little more volume than normal. In previous promotions this wasn't possible.

The perfect promotion doesn't exist. This is a pretty good go at it in my opinion.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : That will be the case for any promotion. Not sure how we can really criticise Sky for this one. Every player can win an amount out of it. Previous promotions have been slated for only looking after the higher stakes grinders. I'm putting in next to no volume presently and yet have just noticed that currently I'm gonna get a tenner.  For the grinders at the lower stakes, this is a chance to win a significant prize by putting in a little more volume than normal. In previous promotions this wasn't possible. The perfect promotion doesn't exist. This is a pretty good go at it in my opinion.
    Posted by Jac35

Definatly mate.

A good idea for a promo, might be something like an individual rake race, something a long those lines.

Or something like the golden tickets, which is really inclusive.
  • edited March 2014
    Don't really like this promotion at all. All the people who put in mass volume are at a disadvantage, especially those at the lower stakes. Those playing 5nl-50nl that would still be lumped into the gold bracket where they have no chance of competing rake wise against the 100nl and 200nl regs on that leader board

Seems it would be fairer to differentiate leader boards by stakes with a larger prizepool for the higher stakes. Low stakes grinders miss out on this one
  • edited March 2014
    "Compete with players at your level".Yeah right.I play for a month to get enough points to enrol on the bronze level and then Sky allow anyone who didnt even get  1 poker point in February to join in.I doubt if Arazi needs to play again this week to win it.
  • edited March 2014
    First place in the Bronze tier has more points than 1st place in the Silver AND Gold lol
  • edited March 2014
    I wonder how many poker points the top 3 in bronze accumulated in February
  • edited March 2014
    First place in the Bronze tier has more points than 1st place in the Silver AND Gold lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    Takes a lot of skillz these Russian roulettes don't you know.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : Takes a lot of skillz these Russian roulettes don't you know.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lolz
  • edited March 2014
    Anyone coulda had the points ive got if they were prepared to pay about £600 to get them.

I knew when promo started that i was gonna lose hundreds of pounds to get to where i am now but was happy to do that knowing that 1st or 2nd place in the promo would pay for my loss and i would then have all the rewards owed to me in rb and then be on a higher bracket in the rewards table so that i could then play cash tables for the next 2 weeks and have a nice payout at the end of it.

Also to answer a question what Lambert asked a few days ago, the reason the bronze tier had more than the silver tier for the first week of this promo is because i wanted to make certain that any of the guys who opted into the promo up until the 8th found the silver a more appealing tier to enter being less points and more cash etc and hopefully make the bronze have an easier run in during the double points for cash tables promo this week.

I should just add that this promo was all about making points and there were no rules about how to do it and i am far from the only one who is doing this, remember it takes someone else to join these things before the game starts and loads of the top scorers on the lbs are playing these aswell

FWIW i wont be doing this for the 2nd part of this promo cos like i said i will be playing the cash tables and am sick of the sight of RRs :) .
  • edited March 2014

This promo just proves to me that being in priority is a total waste of time.

This month potentially I could make over 2k in cash from this promo, as I am aiming for 2nd in the 1st part
    and 1st in 2nd part of the gold leaderboard + all my rewards bonuses. Being in priority I have knowhere near come close to winning anything like the amount I could win this month. Then just don't bother playing much again till another promo like this comes along.

• edited March 2014
    This promo just proves to me that being in priority is a total waste of time. This month potentially I could make over 2k in cash from this promo, as I am aiming for 2nd in the 1st part and 1st in 2nd part of the gold leaderboard + all my rewards bonuses. Being in priority I have knowhere near come close to winning anything like the amount I could win this month. Then just don't bother playing much again till another promo like this comes along.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    Cheer up Nails. Life's not that bad.
    Hey, can you do smiley faces? PM me if you want to know how.

☺☺☺☺☺
  • edited March 2014
    Anyone coulda had the points ive got if they were prepared to pay about £600 to get them. I knew when promo started that i was gonna lose hundreds of pounds to get to where i am now but was happy to do that knowing that 1st or 2nd place in the promo would pay for my loss and i would then have all the rewards owed to me in rb and then be on a higher bracket in the rewards table so that i could then play cash tables for the next 2 weeks and have a nice payout at the end of it. Also to answer a question what Lambert asked a few days ago, the reason the bronze tier had more than the silver tier for the first week of this promo is because i wanted to make certain that any of the guys who opted into the promo up until the 8th found the silver a more appealing tier to enter being less points and more cash etc and hopefully make the bronze have an easier run in during the double points for cash tables promo this week. I should just add that this promo was all about making points and there were no rules about how to do it and i am far from the only one who is doing this, remember it takes someone else to join these things before the game starts and loads of the top scorers on the lbs are playing these aswell FWIW i wont be doing this for the 2nd part of this promo cos like i said i will be playing the cash tables and am sick of the sight of RRs :) .
    Posted by _ARAZI_

Hi Arazi

I just dont get how playing RR's can be +ev for you. You have over 10k points and say it takes 14k to win the £850. I know you play normal tables but just say by way of example you are playing solely RR's ftw. Assuming that you win 50% of games. You have to rake £1400 to get 14000 points. Even when you add your rewards payment onto your assumed £850 win, you are still down !

Unless you can show me some calcs that show it to be different, I cant see it any other way. I appreciate there may be a slight variation from the 50% win rate but it wont be much either way with your volume. 

It is also clear from this months tables, that the current sequence of promos has led some sky regs to use alternative sites until they have eligibility to qualify for the lucrative rake races currently being run. Sky have to deal with this to ensure there is a level playing field for all players and the players who are loyal to the site each month are not penalised by being excluded from rake races that the likes of DTM will jump on next month (if sky repeat this promo) having not played any volume this month.   
  • edited March 2014
    Well the calcs are off cos there's no way he needs 14k points to win. He's on 10k points now and probably doesn't need to play another hand of poker in the last 4 days to win. Next closest is around 6k and it's took them 10 days to get that so they need to make 4k+ more in the next 4 days

It's probably +EV but no where near enough to be worth the hassle. Prob lost £1k in rake and then win £850 + about £200 assuming he doesn't play for the rest of the month.

• edited March 2014
    Must be the only one who moved up stakes and put more volume in. Feel so stupid now!
  • edited March 2014
    i
    In Response to Re: £30,000 Gold, Silver, Bronze Rewards Leaderboards... : Hi Arazi I just dont get how playing RR's can be +ev for you. You have over 10k points and say it takes 14k to win the £850. I know you play normal tables but just say by way of example you are playing solely RR's ftw. Assuming that you win 50% of games. You have to rake £1400 to get 14000 points. Even when you add your rewards payment onto your assumed £850 win, you are still down ! Unless you can show me some calcs that show it to be different, I cant see it any other way. I appreciate there may be a slight variation from the 50% win rate but it wont be much either way with your volume.  It is also clear from this months tables, that the current sequence of promos has led some sky regs to use alternative sites until they have eligibility to qualify for the lucrative rake races currently being run. Sky have to deal with this to ensure there is a level playing field for all players and the players who are loyal to the site each month are not penalised by being excluded from rake races that the likes of DTM will jump on next month (if sky repeat this promo) having not played any volume this month.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Hi mate.

Your calcs are right and if i had ran at break even pace it 100% def wouldnt be worth me doing this but when i started playing these i thought that a score of around 6-8k would win the bronze tier so i was prepared to lose a good few hundred quid to get a few 1000 points headstart on the competion then play cash to get me to the score i needed. 

However as i started noticing some of the names appearing on the bronze tier it became clear that 8k would def not win it and like i said on the other post there was still up until the 8th to opt in so i decided to just blast through the RRs and make sure i stayed ahead of the silver tier until after the opt in time had gone.

As i type this i have 11300 points and have lost exactly £643 to get them so i must have ran pretty well in them cos a massive % of the total has came from RRs.

If i won the lb at this point it would mean that i have made £207 off the promo plus £210+ rb along with the fact i am now only 8700 points away from the 25% bracket and have also got into prio and am able to play the main and mini prio tournies so as far as i am concerned it has been worth doing but like i said i have ran well in them. FWIW though i wont be doing it again cos they melt your brain mate and it just seemed like a good idea at the time :)