You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PS4??

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014

Morning chaps.

Apologies, I had not seen this thread before. It might surprise you to know I don't even know what a PS4 is. Truly......

I've sent this Thread Upstairs, & hopefully, you'll not need to Bump it again.

For the record, although I know nothing about the Promo, or even what a PS4 does, I think the thread Posts have been fair, polite, & objective.

I hope all will be to your satisfaction very soon.  
  • edited March 2014
    Hello everyone, sorry I've taken so long to reply - had to clear a few things up, didn't want to mis-inform anyone.

In all honesty, this is what has happened:

At the start of the promotion, the marketing team ordered the first 'batch' of PS4s which were dispatched on time and were received on time. Everyone was happy! 

The problem arose because the team did not all order ALL the PS4s at once, as we were unable to state how many exactly were required, some players may have opted to take the cash alternative, which in turn they did. Despite us not knowing, the supplier had agreed to reserve the full 20 PS4s for us. This was the maximum amount we could need. When the marketing team came to order the second batch, there were stocking issues at the suppliers end and this is the reason for the delay.

We have since been in contact with the supplier numerous times and have been told that it will be "resolved by today" - not sure exactly what that means at this moment in time. Will update when I know more, of course.

What are we doing to prevent this happening in the future? Well instead of waiting to see how many items/prizes we need, the team are (going forward) going to order the maximum amount of prizes required initially, then be refunded for the surplus stock at the end of the promotion.

Really sorry for the delay on all this, hope you can all understand what's gone on. If there are any more questions then please pop them below.

Apologies again.
    Sam.
  • edited March 2014
    So I presume that at the end of the promotion you contacted the stockist to order the remaining PS4's required?

When they informed you of the problems, why did you not contact us straight away?

Why did you give us dates for delivery and tell us that they  had been despatched? 

Why does it have to take Tikay to get involved for you to bother to respond? 

You say that they have said the matter will be resolved today but you don't know what that means?  Ask them what it means? 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4??:
    So I presume that at the end of the promotion you contacted the stockist to order the remaining PS4's required?   When they informed you of the problems, why did you not contact us straight away? Why did you give us dates for delivery and tell us that they  had been despatched?  Why does it have to take Tikay to get involved for you to bother to respond?  You say that they have said the matter will be resolved today but you don't know what that means?  Ask them what it means? 
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi Paul,

I know you are a bit cross, but that's a little unfair, & I feel bad now!

I doubt me sending it up made much difference at all, I'm sure they were on the case already. I expect Sam is in the same boat as me, he did not know the position himself, & needed to speak to a man who did.

Anyway, let's hope it gets sorted quickly, & we can all go PS4-ing one afternoon, down the local park, or wherever we ride PS4's.  

• edited March 2014
    4 PS4s are being dispatched today, this has been confirmed by the suppliers:

foldUfairy
    AJ_Rockets
    Jac35
    harryct

Any dates we've communicated before have been simply passed on from our suppliers confirming it. Again, sincere apologies for their miscommunication.

That leaves 3 more to be dispatched, will update you when I know more.
  • edited March 2014
    You said before mine had been dispated, has it, or not? Still not recieved anything
  • edited March 2014
    You said before mine had been dispated, has it, or not? Still not recieved anything
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    We were directly told by the suppliers that all of them had been dispatched. This was not the case.

Unfortunately Mr Ivanovic, you're in the last group of 3. I will personally let you know in this thread when I have received confirmation that the remaining 3 have been delivered.
  • edited March 2014
    ILooks n Response to Re: PS4??:
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    looks like i'll be cheif bumper here now
  • edited March 2014
    day 37 fingers crossed for good news
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4?? : We were directly told by the suppliers that all of them had been dispatched. This was not the case. Unfortunately Mr Ivanovic, you're in the last group of 3. I will personally let you know in this thread when I have received confirmation that the remaining 3 have been delivered.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    OK, thanks sam! :)
  • edited March 2014
    Mine has finally arrived about half hour ago.

Pretty quick once they said it was dispatched. Was expecting another month ;)

• edited March 2014
    Mine has finally arrived about half hour ago. Pretty quick once they said it was dispatched. Was expecting another month ;)
    Posted by AJ_Rockets
    Enjoy!
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    Final confirmation from the supplier that the remaining 3 PS4s will be with their recipients this week (if they're not there already). Hopefully that draws a line under this. Apologies again for the delays.
  • edited March 2014
    Final confirmation from the supplier that the remaining 3 PS4s will be with their recipients this week (if they're not there already). Hopefully that draws a line under this. Apologies again for the delays.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Haven't recieved it yet but look forward to doing so.
  • edited March 2014
    Day 40....ZZZZZZZZZ
  • edited March 2014
    Day 42....zzzz.zzzz.zzzz

still no emails call or texts or any kind of direct communication from sky expaining the delay.
  • edited March 2014
    Day 42....zzzz.zzzz.zzzz still no emails call or texts or any kind of direct communication from sky expaining the delay.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    Still not got mine yet... it's a sunday today. I expect given what Sam said we should be recieving ours on mon/tue and wednesday at the very latest.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4?? : Still not got mine yet... it's a sunday today. I expect given what Sam said we should be recieving ours on mon/tue and wednesday at the very latest.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Well did you get it or hear anything? Still nothing here.
  • edited March 2014
    As far as I know I haven't got mine yet - I sent it to my parents house instead of where I live now but haven't heard anything from them!
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    This was sent almost a week ago and I've still yet to revieve mine, what's going on, have they been sent?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4?? : This was sent almost a week ago and I've still yet to revieve mine, what's going on, have they been sent?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hello,

Sincere apologies once again.

The distributor of these PS4s confirmed through our third party partner that we sourced to purchase these items that all the remaining PS4s were shipped out last Wednesday.  I am following up with our partner to get tracking numbers from the distributor to see where exactly they are in transit and why they haven't arrived yet.  I know this is not what you want to hear and all I can say is that we apologise once again and we are looking further into the matter to get a better answer for you all.  I will update you all as soon as I hear back, which will hopefully be by the end of the day.

Justin
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4?? : Hello, Sincere apologies once again. The distributor of these PS4s confirmed through our third party partner that we sourced to purchase these items that all the remaining PS4s were shipped out last Wednesday.  I am following up with our partner to get tracking numbers from the distributor to see where exactly they are in transit and why they haven't arrived yet.  I know this is not what you want to hear and all I can say is that we apologise once again and we are looking further into the matter to get a better answer for you all.  I will update you all as soon as I hear back, which will hopefully be by the end of the day. Justin
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    End of the day, no update?
  • edited March 2014
    They'll be a PS 5 out by the time you get it. lol.
  • edited March 2014
    Surely the quick fix for this would be for Sky to pay the value of the PS4 in cash?
  • edited March 2014
    Surely the quick fix for this would be for Sky to pay the value of the PS4 in cash?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    They cant really as some would have taken the £300 option and it wouldn't be fair on them.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: PS4?? : Well did you get it or hear anything? Still nothing here.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    Hey mate, have you recieved yours yet? Just got mine this morning and hopefully you have too! 
  • edited March 2014
    Thank %^*& for that