You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your preference on promo qualification

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Your preference on promo qualification:
    You need something that combines winrate with volume. My suggestion is perfect for that. It's stolen from another site, 1 of the fastest growing sites in the World. Just copy other sites, if something works, it'll already be working somewhere else. Do a separate cash/mtt promo, some good ideas for both itt already.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What site? Check your pm's dohhhh
  • edited March 2014
    £3333 on a rake race for cash players
    £3333 for Stt grinders based on consecutive wins
    £3333 for Mtt players based on the most amount of bubbles
    £1 for me for suggesting these :)
  • edited March 2014
    I would do a sit and go Promo

four levels micro, low, med and high

1 point for a DYM cash

1point for a HU cash

2 points for a reg sit and go 6 max win and 1 point for 2nd

Simple to work out. 

These would really help the reg sit and go 6 max get a little busier.
  • edited March 2014
    I would bring back the Poker League.............you know, the option that was winner by a country mile the last time you asked a similar question yet just seemed to ignore.

My question. Why ask???
  • edited March 2014
    Dont know whether you could do it but i'd like a sng comp based on % win rate
    with a minimum of say 100 sngs played
    that would give the 30p dym regulars a chance to compete with higher rollers
    The most they could lose would be £30 but how many players lose every time?
    except, Orford of course lol
  • edited March 2014
    Dont know whether you could do it but i'd like a sng comp based on % win rate with a minimum of say 100 sngs played that would give the 30p dym regulars a chance to compete with higher rollers The most they could lose would be £30 but how many players lose every time? except, Orford of course lol
    Posted by cleansweep
    problem with this is you'd get alot of the higher stakes player dropping down stakes into "easier" games to get their winrates up.

bad for the low stakes players, and bad for sky in terms of rake.
  • edited March 2014
    Personally I'd opt for prize draw - if you really want to up the amount of hands played, maybe make it so you get 1 ticket per 1,000 pts, or need to hit a 1,000 points before you start collecting any tickets... whatever amount is deemed 'fair' for a recreational player to realistically qualify for at least 1 ticket in the draw. The idea of lucky hands always seems to generate more traffic as well, plus is fair to players of all levels. Maybe every millionth / ten millionth hand gets a prize say, with people multi-tabling a lot more in the run up to the pay-out.  If it's a truly random hand then it may not generate so much extra play? For the SNGs, I'm sure I saw an idea somewhere of a random multiplier, which seems like it could spark a bit of extra interest in these otherwise slow-traffic tables. I think the theory is that you pay an extra few pence on rake, but when the table opens a small percentage have the total payout multiplied - so you could register for a 50p + 5p 6-max SNG (which may become 50p + 10p, say) and when it opens you could be told that the prizepool has been increased by 2x, 3x, 10x, 100x (say) and suddenly find yourself with the chance to spin a 50p buy-in up to a £195 payout. I'll shut up now.  Do some lucky draws :)
    Posted by shakinaces

those ideas sound familiar ;)

I still like the lucky, or golden hands idea best for cash, and the prize multiplier for STTs out of all the suggestions.

The lucky hands idea was very successful for another site that did it

sky would just have to estimate how many hads would pass in say 10-30 mins and set that as the threshhold for when a lucky hands happens. (i doubt its anywhere close to 1,000,000 though). If publicised properly, you would get massive increases in cash traffic.

I guess the problem is that the amount on offer wouldnt really be enough to generate huge interest. if say £50 was givern away every half an hour the whole £10k would dry up in about 4 days. and I guess sky want any effects of the promotion to last whe whole month.

• edited March 2014
    Thats it Max, could do what they are doing on another site at the mo, qualify for allin games. Maybe on 3 different dates for the 3 main games mtt, sngo and cash. You get a token from the 3 game types when you play and you can choose 1 allin to play. Would see different size fields for all 3 games and would encourage players to play different games if there was a better chance in a different game from what you usally play. #softwarepermitting ;')
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Your preference on promo qualification : those ideas sound familiar ;) I still like the lucky, or golden hands idea best for cash, and the prize multiplier for STTs out of all the suggestions. The lucky hands idea was very successful for another site that did it sky would just have to estimate how many hads would pass in say 10-30 mins and set that as the threshhold for when a lucky hands happens. (i doubt its anywhere close to 1,000,000 though). If publicised properly, you would get massive increases in cash traffic. I guess the problem is that the amount on offer wouldnt really be enough to generate huge interest. if say £50 was givern away every half an hour the whole £10k would dry up in about 4 days. and I guess sky want any effects of the promotion to last whe whole month.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Well yeah but that's quite a lot. I don't think they'd need/want to do it every 30 mins, like they could just do it that winner of the hand gets £100 and they only do one per hour (obv at a random time during the hour) say 11am - 3pm and 8pm - midnight so that should cover most people and give £800 away per day so they could do it for 13 days of the month (Sky can stick an extra £400 in :p) so maybe say Mon, Tue, Wed of every week cos traffic is already pretty good Thur - Sun
  • edited March 2014
    I like playing sng games but feel the ones on sky could do with an overhaul. so I would like to play a sng challenge where a bonus is available on a leaderboard over certain amount of time/games played
  • edited March 2014
    You are saying someone who 1 tables low limit dyms for 12 hours a day is more loyal than a high stakes cash player who 12 tables for 6 hours every evening?? its ridiculous. loyalty and minutes spent at the tables are not something that run in conjunction with eachother so you really dont make any sense.. Rake is the money that you pay sky to play on the site, i dont see why someone who pays £50 in rake should get the same reward as someone paying £5000.. i dont even hardly play cash or get involved with rake races but i just want to see actual fair promotions on this site
    Posted by jordz16
    No, but I am saying that doing it based on time would be a fairer way of doing it because not everyone can afford high stakes, but everyone is capable of devoting time.

I agree that players who pay more rake should get bigger benefits, that goes without saying. I am not saying that every promotion should be based on time, but a few should be because there are some very loyal players at the lower stakes who pretty much get no benefit from promotions ..

I would bring back the Poker League.............you know, the option that was winner by a country mile the last time you asked a similar question yet just seemed to ignore. My question. Why ask???
    Posted by waller02
    I've seen this mentioned somewhere before, but I joined Sky Poker after the poker league was going - would be interested to know how it worked if someone wouldn't mind explaining? :-)