You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE DAILY LINK! 30

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Yeah, I remember that one - it really is an amazing fold. I don't think I could lay that down there.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    not sure if this has been done but,

So my aim for this is too post something daily, a clip of poker, and have peoples views on it.
    im guessing some of you would have seen this first clip

Im going too try and post a different clip everyday. different scenarios folds, shoves, calls, bluffs!!

So the first clip is taken from the WSOP 2008.

so have a look, would any of you make the same decision??  is it a bad fold??

http://youtu.be/diNshC6tP00

so have a look and post what you think, ill be back tomorrow with another.
  • edited March 2014
    Good fold imo.

When a guy 3 bets big pre... then goes into check/check mode on flop and turn on that board and makes a big raise on the river.... their range is only ever going to be beating Jacks full.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: THE DAILY LINK! no.1:
    Good fold imo. When a guy 3 bets big pre... then goes into check/check mode on flop and turn on that board and makes a big raise on the river.... their range is only ever going to be beating Jacks full.
    Posted by gazza127
    So.... could you fold jacks full there?
  • edited March 2014
    it is an incredible fold, he must have a great read on the player too know exactly where he was and he was still ready too call.

I don't know anyone who could fold in that spot, but hey, that's why he is sitting there I suppose.

he could be repping a better hand or bluffing him off..... but he just knew.

love the commentary through it as well and the players reaction when he turns them

I love this game.
  • edited March 2014
    Good fold imo. When a guy 3 bets big pre... then goes into check/check mode on flop and turn on that board and makes a big raise on the river.... their range is only ever going to be beating Jacks full.
    Posted by gazza127
    Why wouldn't it be just the Queen bearing in mind the player with Jacks full has also been checking?  Personally I think the fellow gives it away with his chat, especially the line 'just don't raise me.'  If you have the Queen, you never say that.
  • edited March 2014
    I like this idea Chris =]

It says he didn't 3bet pre gazza but thats beside the point,seen Roberto make a few big laydowns and this is obv another great one.
  • edited March 2014
    I like this idea Chris =] It says he didn't 3bet pre gazza but thats beside the point,seen Roberto make a few big laydowns and this is obv another great one.
    Posted by Tsaaaar
    totally agree with this roman when on his game is one of the best I think especially making big lay downs at the right time. me I go broke there
  • edited March 2014
    Read an interview where he mentioned this hand, suee he was suspicious even pre, and the chat confirmed it.

Edit:here it is:

‘In this hand Mike Matusow has limped and I have Jacks. I like to be deceitful so I limped behind to disguise my hand. It comes around to this guy and I know right away when he raises he has a premium hand. Mike Matusow calls and I know straightaway I am calling. The flop comes down A-K-J and instantly I am thinking ‘If I am right I am still beat here.’ Mike checked, I checked and this guy checks behind and I thought that was weird. The 10 comes on the turn and that’s a scare card so everyone checks again. Then another 10 comes on the river and I have Jacks over Tens and I’m thinking maybe I’m wrong so I try and get something out of the hand.  This guy sits there and I can see he’s acting a bit and I instantly know he has Kings or Aces. Before he’s even raised me I know there is no way this guy has anything else. I was 99% certain I was right, but I wanted to make sure. I thought if I fold this and I’m right it’s going to look really good on TV. But if you are wrong you are going to look an absolute dichead. I’m going to be a laughing stock. So I said something just to make sure and as soon as he spoke I knew I was right. When I folded you can see Mike just thinks I have nothing and am wasting time. He already hates my guts as I’ve been annoying him and he’s telling me to hurry up. Then I flip over my Jacks and he goes nuts.’ 
  • edited March 2014
    This is why live poker rocks. You can get so much more information and time. I thought it was a marginally good fold at the time but listening to his thoughts on the hand from the above post it makes it a quality fold. Amazing.

And great idea BTW, Chris. Well done. 
  • edited March 2014

TY, glad you  are enjoying it, and will remain on top and try and bring a new one everyday.
    just thought id try something on the forum along with a diary and such,

im no good at the leaderboard posts and rakeback lol, so thought id try something a little different.

link 2 tomorrow.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: THE DAILY LINK! no.1 : Why wouldn't it be just the Queen bearing in mind the player with Jacks full has also been checking?  Personally I think the fellow gives it away with his chat, especially the line 'just don't raise me.'  If you have the Queen, you never say that.
    Posted by TommyD
    Cause if you have the Q you bet the turn?  And probably dont raise big on the river when the board is paired?

Its such a polarised range given action and its hard to see him doing this with air/worse.  Maybe he can have A10 or something but its hard to see anything other than else other than premium no? I mean he probably bets flop with A10 to protect his hand...

Definitely easier to get away from after chat though.

• edited March 2014
    THE DAILY LINK no.2

"DAN, DAN, HE'S OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T FOLD IT NO ONE CAN!!!" 

So part 2,

the life of a pro eh.. always traveling playing with the best in the world on a daily basis, playing the worlds biggest events and having one of the most famous names in poker history.

one can only dream..... but hey could I call of this amount of money  not chips cash money!!,

this has too sting and I think he knows as well, but this is one of favourite vids.

one clip comes with a running comentry on his thought process but wanted the one without and too get your views, if this was your money?

I love this player, and really enjoy his approach too the game, I love the reads he makes, and he normally knows exactly where he is.

http://youtu.be/wM0QTNE23OQ
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah, that's a great hand, Chris. Not sure he could have folded there really. Like he said, 'pretty bad cooler'.
  • edited March 2014
    Loving this thread well done Chris
  • edited March 2014
    Still though thats $500.000 cooler id be tempted too fold the nuts just incase i still lose. :)
  • edited March 2014

I actually thought if anyone could have found a fold there then it would have been Negreanu. Gus is loose but surely he isn't going to be making a move that big without something that has him beat??? Or would he?? Dunno!

Great thread though Chris, looking forward to tomorrow's hand

• edited March 2014
    Another reason why I love this hand waller. I feel he always has great reads. Not just too know that  he  might be behind but the exact cards his oponent has.
    There is a comentry one where dan takes u through stage by stage and why he makes the call. But u can just see how sick he is when he sees them.

• edited March 2014
    Online poker is soooo rigged!!

Oh, wait. This was live. 

Live poker is so rigged!!!
  • edited March 2014

THE DAILY LINK no3

"Your lying!"  "No your lying!"  "No im not!"   "Either am I!"     MOMMMY!!!!!!! ItS NOT FAIR!

So no.3 of the link... manged 3 days lol

We have had a great fold in no.1
    A massive $500.000 cooler in no.2 

today's link is aimed at the skill of BLUFFING, when do we know the times too try this, instinct, I can rep' more here, or just for the fun and see if it gets through.

what about resistance, ... *if he calls Ill back off* never got through
    but wait a minute, where does it stop if  neither of you believe,

so have a look, and whats your thoughts? have you done this before? did it get through?

http://youtu.be/lZzFZ7e6sy4

• edited March 2014
    Like the clip from the top of the page from 2008, had not seen that one before. Does anyone know what episode that was from please?.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: THE DAILY LINK! no.3:
    THE DAILY LINK no3 " Your lying!"  "No your lying!"  "No im not!"   "Either am I!"     MOMMMY!!!!!!! ItS NOT FAIR! So no.3 of the link... manged 3 days lol We have had a great fold in no.1 A massive $500.000 cooler in no.2 today's link is aimed at the skill of BLUFFING, when do we know the times too try this, instinct, I can rep' more here, or just for the fun and see if it gets through. what about resistance, ... *if he calls Ill back off* never got through but wait a minute, where does it stop if you if neither believe, so have a look, and whats your thoughts? have you done this before? did it get through? http://youtu.be/lZzFZ7e6sy4
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Sensational hand. I find 3 barrel bluffing on Sky tough enough lol. Personally for me a bluff is about instinct sometimes you just know it's the right time.

Great thread by the way Chris.
  • edited March 2014
    Even if jackson does think hes at ivey has him with the Q high. What are they putting each other on??
    Jackson should be valued in but he just cant with his two cards ivey must have new his Q was good in my opinion.
  • edited March 2014
    Like the clip from the top of the page from 2008, had not seen that one before. Does anyone know what episode that was from please?.
    Posted by 55013
    Couldnt tell u mate. I just find them on youtube.
  • edited March 2014
    Even if jackson does think hes at ivey has him with the Q high. What are they putting each other on?? Jackson should be valued in but he just cant with his two cards ivey must have new his Q was good in my opinion.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I don't think Ivey thinks his queen high is (necessarily) good at all, but he knows Jackson simply can't call without a jack in that situation.
  • edited March 2014
    what I mean, is I think Jackson would be making the call in the end with a PP, or miby even 2 overs, or straight draws. with what he has left at the end. ivey must have put him on air, worse than his Q. even ivey's hand isn't that good and knows he will be called with these types of hands. IMO.

in my head what im trying to type makes sense lol,

I don't think either player thinks or believes they have a J, and ivey made the all in move first.
  • edited March 2014
    what I mean, is I think Jackson would be making the call in the end with a PP, or miby even 2 overs, or straight draws. with what he has left at the end. ivey must have put him on air, worse than his Q. even ivey's hand isn't that good and knows he will be called with these types of hands. IMO. in my head what im trying to type makes sense lol, I don't think either player thinks or believes they have a J, and ivey made the all in move first.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    You are never calling the all in with two overs, and the only straight draw on the board is a gutshot, if Jackson is holding 89, and it'd be pretty suicidal to call for the ten. Would he call with pocket 5s or 6s? Hard to say.
  • edited March 2014
    I should have shoved first
  • edited March 2014
    DAILY LINK no.4

"Like my new bracelet?"   "what bracelet?"   "this one..... oh wait.... really"

So another WSOP clip, 

imagine sitting here, facing this very famous pro, heads up with that amount of money beside you. 

one of those hands where you are miles ahead and then a 'turn' for the worse happens.

the clip today is a bad beat, now thats poker, we all have them. but too happen like this being so close too being so far.

anyone been in a position like this? final table? did it affect your play afterwards?

• edited March 2014
    On the search for link 5. Not sure what too go for yet.

be up later tonight. :)

• edited March 2014
    I like Matusows comment.

how do I get a table like this? 2 million idiots out there and I get a guy who can lay down Jacks full and be right.

Lol.

very nice lay down