You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham 14/3/2014

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    the placepot didnt pay alot today,  only 44k!!!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham 14/3/2014:
    Yep it's NOT running in the National. So I'll never know now... Two years of bigging it up for nothing... Stupid thing is, it's now gonna be rated approx 155, and it would be running off 143.  Only blessing this year is that I've backed him with Betvictor. And I'll get all my money back as a free bet. Just need to find a rock solid even money shot sometime after The National.... Maybe start a thread to find a guaranteed winner in a sports event. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Thank goodness you haven't completely lost out it would have really taken biscuit. 

I'll try and help with a certainty but when we think the same it neally always jinxes us
  • edited March 2014
    Well that sums it all up. haha.

Glad this is only once a year!
  • edited March 2014

Raya Star fell and it doesn't look good.

• edited March 2014
    yea raya star was put down after that fall, sad news
  • edited March 2014
    ended the festival £61.00 down, really thought i was on for a good one this year after a +399 day on wednesday but only one winner since. dont no why but i allways feel sad when the festival ends, it feels a bit like when you are packing in a hotel room abroad and getting ready to come home, haha. aintree though still to look forward to though so not all bad. hope you all had a good one people, its been one hell of a ride :-)
  • edited March 2014
    ended the festival £61.00 down, really thought i was on for a good one this year after a +399 day on wednesday but only one winner since. dont no why but i allways feel sad when the festival ends, it feels a bit like when you are packing in a hotel room abroad and getting ready to come home, haha. aintree though still to look forward to though so not all bad. hope you all had a good one people, its been one hell of a ride :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Its been brilliant Rock, have we really got to wait another year. Always good sharing it with the people on here as well.

Must inspire me because after years of losing at Cheltenham I have now registered my third winning festival in a row. Ok didn't go as well after the first day but steady returns and Lord Windermere today capped it for me. 

Just waiting to see if Tom Scudamore repaid my 33-1punt for him to be top jock. Have a feeling he lost out by places for Ruby Walsh. That would have been too much to ask.

Bring on Aintree 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham 14/3/2014 : Its been brilliant Rock, have we really got to wait another year. Always good sharing it with the people on here as well. Must inspire me because after years of losing at Cheltenham I have now registered my third winning festival in a row. Ok didn't go as well after the first day but steady returns and Lord Windermere today capped it for me.  Just waiting to see if Tom Scudamore repaid my 33-1punt for him to be top jock. Have a feeling he lost out by places for Ruby Walsh. That would have been too much to ask. Bring on Aintree 
    Posted by vaigret
    to true it has been great and this community makes it even better for me!!!  unfortunatly ruby walsh got top jockey mate, very unlucky. still a good festival for you though!!
  • ommomm
    edited March 2014
    Yep it's NOT running in the National. So I'll never know now... Two years of bigging it up for nothing... Stupid thing is, it's now gonna be rated approx 155, and it would be running off 143.  Only blessing this year is that I've backed him with Betvictor. And I'll get all my money back as a free bet. Just need to find a rock solid even money shot sometime after The National.... Maybe start a thread to find a guaranteed winner in a sports event. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Couple of things Joesman. I had a free bet with Betvic and it expired within 24hrs (Frim Cheltenham) just double check the t and c's as you wouldn't want to lose it. It seems from what you say that your happy to get your money back by betting an evens shot? If that's the case why not just back something that you can lay back on betfair, ok you'll pay abit of comma and may lose a few quid depending on how you do it but at least that guarantees most of your stake back. We all know either a rock solid evens shot can lose. Anyway good luck with whatever you do. 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham 14/3/2014 : Couple of things Joesman. I had a free bet with Betvic and it expired within 24hrs (Frim Cheltenham) just double check the t and c's as you wouldn't want to lose it. It seems from what you say that your happy to get your money back by betting an evens shot? If that's the case why not just back something that you can lay back on betfair, ok you'll pay abit of comma and may lose a few quid depending on how you do it but at least that guarantees most of your stake back. We all know either a rock solid evens shot can lose. Anyway good luck with whatever you do. 
    Posted by omm
    second that.

my free bet for Champagne fever had to be used within 7 days with Hills
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham 14/3/2014 : Couple of things Joesman. I had a free bet with Betvic and it expired within 24hrs (Frim Cheltenham) just double check the t and c's as you wouldn't want to lose it. It seems from what you say that your happy to get your money back by betting an evens shot? If that's the case why not just back something that you can lay back on betfair, ok you'll pay abit of comma and may lose a few quid depending on how you do it but at least that guarantees most of your stake back. We all know either a rock solid evens shot can lose. Anyway good luck with whatever you do. 
    Posted by omm
    Thanks for the heads up Mr Omm..... I may have missed out otherwise. I'm assuming that when it's scratched from the 5 day declarations, I'll still have to wait til after the race for the offer to click in. 

I've quite a lump on it, hence my eagerness to make the best of a bad situation. 

I'll just have to see what's about come the 5th of April. I might just end up using it for my Masters bets if nothing stands out. 
  • edited March 2014
    Well that's Cheltenham done with,had a good start ,but the last 2 days have been terrible.
  • edited March 2014
    if you are after an even money shot then you can get even money on the kell brook fight tommorow to be over withing 6 rounds, hes only fighting a no hoper, hell blow him away in the first couple of rounds!!!
  • edited March 2014
    if you are after an even money shot then you can get even money on the kell brook fight tommorow to be over withing 6 rounds, hes only fighting a no hoper, hell blow him away in the first couple of rounds!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    The free bet money, I'm guessing, won't appear in my account til after the race has run.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham 14/3/2014 : The free bet money, I'm guessing, won't appear in my account til after the race has run.
    Posted by joesman1
    GOOD JOB, HE DIDNT GET HIM OUT OF THERE TIL THE 8TH, HAHA