You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Show Thread - Sunday 16th March

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey Everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend. Looking forward to be back on Sky Poker live tonight with Mr Ryan Spittles joining us with his expert analysis.

Hope you're getting lucky at the felt this Sunday, but if you fancy your chances at winning a free seat into Thursday Night's £12k GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter look no further!

I am asking if you could trade places with ANY poker player (male or female) for 24 hours, who would you be and what would you do? (other than obviously play A LOT of poker!)

Send your answers to us here on the forum or you can use Twitter #SkyPoker or email skyopen@bskyb.com to let us know too. The most imaginative and amusing answer (not too rude!!) will take that seat on Thursday. We will announce the winner around 23.30 tonight on the show.

Don't forget you can also get in contact to ask any other poker related questions to myself or analyst Ryan including hand analysis if you're playing tonight too. See you later!

Laura

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Difficult question.  If I changed places with anyone I would like a different experiance for me.  
    I already have a gorgeous girlfriend so that rules out Mclean Karr. 
    I have a big beard so that rules out Chris Ferguson.
    If I was any female poker player, I wouldn't be getting out of bed for the 24 hours, that would be fun but a waste of a day.
    It would be fun to have Ryan's teeth for 24 hours but in the end I have decided I would rather be Neil Channing. Why you ask?  Well, Firstly I want to know what it's like to talk non stop for 24 hours, secondly, I could get all that wonderful sports betting information out of his head and into mine and thirdly, he is marvelous, just marvelous.

Have a great show and run golden everyone
  • edited March 2014
    looking forward to the show tonight and would like to say congrats to rivermunky (paul) for getting final table in main and mini last night vwp........

different person for 24 hours,,,,,,,,hmmm I think I would be robbinson crusoe (maybe spelt wrong :) )

tropical desert island........no phones,traffic etc etc etc....plus my GIRL Friday anna of course and a deck of cards lol

• edited March 2014
    I would definately trade places with TPTs very own ZoeD. Why? She's a 100% better looking than me but she's also an awesome poker player and if I inherit her skills just for one day I'd be happy.
  • edited March 2014
    Trade places with Tikay so i could wind Orford up even more ! :-)
  • edited March 2014
    Is Tikay alright, I mean he just not allow a show thread to run this long without posting
  • edited March 2014
    Laura, stop avoiding Ross! You've got a lost prop bet to fulfil.

It might have been three months ago but we haven't forgotten. :)

Have a great show.
  • edited March 2014
    If I could be someone else for a day, I would be Phil Hellmuth...

I'd want to be calm, serene and magnanimous for the day, because I can think of no better way to BLOW PEOPLE'S MINDS!!!

...and that's always fun.
  • edited March 2014

evening guys have a good show! the question of if i could swap places with any poker player?
    thats easy ryan spitles just to do tonights show with laura!!
    no prize needed complimants are free

• edited March 2014
    Hi guys!

Expecting a great show with Ryans analysis!!!!!

I would swap places with Vicky Coren, her mind is mesmerising and one of my idols of the UK poker scene!!!

My partner says he will be Phil Laak for 2 of the same reasons but wishes not to let me know either!! Luckily I have access to the internet and he is now in trouble!!! lol

Good luck

Kalie xx
  • edited March 2014
    Daniel Negreanu, I want to know what he thinks at a poker table
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all

Patrick Antonius all day long..... he's cool and absolutely loaded.

I'd buy a boat and call it the Tikay, then sink it:)!!!

Have a great show

MSD1982
  • edited March 2014
    enjoying the show..  i would be sam razavi why because i would be able to see how to play the higher stakes games instead of the 30 pence turbos i normally play
  • edited March 2014
     I would change places with Liv Boeree, I would be playing poker every chance I get, and would even play with myself.
  • edited March 2014
    ouch!!
  • edited March 2014
    Good evenig Laura and Ryan
    If i could trade places with a top poker player, i would trade with Mr Ryan Spittles, and play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Or if thats not possible i would trade with the next winner of the main event wsop and deposit his winnings into my account.(i would let him keep the bracelet)
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2014
    if i were to be a poker professional it would be phil ivy

That would shut them pest up, listen i'm called a great player for a reason you know is their a bingo professional

the trouble with me is i have people constantly pestering me saying stop playing poker craig it's just luck like other forms of gamble.
  • edited March 2014
    Great show guys, sats failed me again tonight. Double guarentee week been a lot of fun but not done well. Must say had a good laugh watching Ryan v Orford in the main on Wednesday though. ;-)
  • edited March 2014
    hand #756694238
  • edited March 2014
     my Favourite hand, forget that just give me the button.
    I know you are the wrong presenter, but should I have folded my set of 6's. I can't find the hand history but it was about 8-40 in the super roller. table 21

• edited March 2014
    this hand please

right play after the flop? 756698891

sorry laura , main event :)
  • edited March 2014

Hi guys great show. as for which poker player I would like to swap with for a day?
    I would say any winning player as at the moment my game smells worse than a french rugby players shorts

• edited March 2014
    #756708344 main event, nice flush on the river
  • edited March 2014
    Daniel Negrenau!

Counting the milllions from a big MTT bink is the million dollar, gold plated, minted camper van in las vegas.

Throwing the monies about for fun...before going back to play the biggest cash game going.

Reading peoples minds, shouting their hands before taking all their money in the cash game:) 

• edited March 2014
    hi again

could i ask for you thoughts on this river

Hand History #756712320 master cash table 30

the way it was played leading up to the river should i go on to make the fold now that he makes a raise to this river card?
  • edited March 2014
    jackpot possibles…      

10:10 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 190 263 81 43
    left 110 107 21  

DivsDreams 2 3    
    THEROCK573 4 96    
    timeforbed 12 42    
    LB44 18 98    
    Fat_Uncle 22 33    
    ecksmen 29 19    
    craigcu12 32 64    
    HITMAN_RV 38 51    
    PhilAny2_Q 39 87    
    devil_tear 41 82    
    lyonsbob06 42 26    
    andrew1947 56 43    
    liamboi11 62 56    
    smith1408 66 85    
    P6 75 71    
    Stewart1 78 53    
    darsum333 85 50    
    Granite89 94 66    
    b123n 96 70    
    jawzindawz 102 91    
    cardu 103 13    

• edited March 2014
    hey guys 

great show 

if i could trade places with someone it would be Daniel Negreanu as hes my favourite poker player and wot id do for 24 hours would get on a plane and travel to to ibiza as always wanted to go there never been on a plane :( 
    i would have pick phil ivey but i think it would feel strsnge since i find him fit :D

lol_i_call aka mel
  • edited March 2014
    jackpot possibles…      

10:29 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 190 263 81 43
    left 96 84 14  

DivsDreams 1 14    
    Fat_Uncle 5 37    
    THEROCK573 7 71    
    timeforbed 15 28    
    liamboi11 31 66    
    craigcu12 36 64    
    HITMAN_RV 52 15    
    lyonsbob06 53 38    
    ecksmen 54 79    
    PhilAny2_Q 60 58    
    andrew1947 67 61    
    Stewart1 73 47    
    b123n 85 44    
    jawzindawz 90 77    

• edited March 2014
    Orford got to 30 i think. £70 or so
  • edited March 2014
    Doyle brunson 30 years ago, what was it really like then?
  • edited March 2014
    i would be annete obrestead. because she won a tournament by only once looking at her whole cards. i would do the same n guess i will deffinately get better results than the way i play