You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Site issues and Refunds Explained - Our Sincere Apologies 21/03/2014

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone,

As a lot of you will be aware we had an unforeseen outage this evening, which caused a complete loss of service from ~ 8.40pm until 11.05pm.

Everyone here at sky poker would like to offer their sincere apologies to all of you affected, I know many of you will be wanting to know about refunds so please see below for details of how we have handled games which were running:

All Active Scheduled tournaments have been settled based on chipstacks

All Active Sit and go’s have been voided with all buy-ins refunded

All Cash game players who were stood up (either by choice or being timed out) had their balances returned to their account.

All scheduled tournaments which hadn’t started have been cancelled

All Sit and go’s which hadn’t started have been cancelled

We are still investigating the root cause of the issue but the site is now back up and all games should be running. We will provide more information as and when we can on this.

We know many of you have/are contacting our customer care team who are doing their best to deal with all your queries. We have tried to settle all games as fairly and quickly as possible, but we appreciate that some of you may not be happy with this result. Our contact centre team will be on hand to assist you, but we would appreciate your patience as they try to answer all of your queries.

You are welcome to respond here and I will do my best to answer your queries directly this evening. 

Once again many apologies for this evening, as a small gesture of goodwill there is an additional £500 Freeroll added to the lobby at 11.30pm.

Apologies

Adam

Product & Operations Manager

Comments

• edited March 2014
    What about those that were blinded out as a result of this crash and received nothing back?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Site issues and Refunds Explained - Our Sincere Apologies 21/03/2014:
    What about those that were blinded out as a result of this crash and received nothing back?
    Posted by Matt237
    Hi Matt,

We tried to refund as many people as possible, as quickly and fairly as possible through settlement, but i appreciate not everyone will be happy with this.

I have spoken to our contact centre who have now processed a refund for you Matt, please check your balance now which should reflect that.

As i mentioned above, if anyone feels their refund is not correct then please contact our customer care team and they will assist you.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    Thanks Adam. It is correct, just hope the others can achieve this. Hope all will be resolved quickly. :-)
  • edited March 2014
    I was 5th in the £100 deep stack when I was kicked out but I have not got a refund. What can be done about this?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Site issues and Refunds Explained - Our Sincere Apologies 21/03/2014:
    I was 5th in the £100 deep stack when I was kicked out but I have not got a refund. What can be done about this?
    Posted by Gollygosh
    Hi Golly,

I have spoken to customer care and your balance should now reflect a refund

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    Sorry guys, I appreciate you're gonna be busy! I didn't get to play a single hand in the 9.30 £3k BH, and I've had £1.93 returned. Seems a tad unfair.

The full buy in back to be donked off another night would be nice :)

TIA.
  • edited March 2014
    Thank you. It goes a little way to make things better. I am not happy that the tournament is posted in my hand histories as finished with people given places. I think it should be recorded as abondoned or some such term in order to reflect the true account of the game. Is this possible. Thanks again for the cash.
  • edited March 2014
    Sorry guys, I appreciate you're gonna be busy! I didn't get to play a single hand in the 9.30 £3k BH, and I've had £1.93 returned. Seems a tad unfair. The full buy in back to be donked off another night would be nice :) TIA.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hi hhy,

I've checked your account and you have received a refund of £12.93 in total, as this was settled via chipstack.

This is effectively a profit of +£1.93 on the tournament which is how it will show in account history, which i appreciate may look a little confusing, but the refund is correct.

Please double check and if you have any further Q's then please get in touch with customer care

best wishes 

adam
  • edited March 2014
    Thank you. It goes a little way to make things better. I am not happy that the tournament is posted in my hand histories as finished with people given places. I think it should be recorded as abondoned or some such term in order to reflect the true account of the game. Is this possible. Thanks again for the cash.
    Posted by Gollygosh
    No problem golly,

On your question around rankings...

When we settle a tournament by chipstack it still ranks players according to their stacks at that point, it's just the way the system has always worked i'm afraid and there's nothing we can do about it easily, but i appreciate your feedback

best wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    This seems a bit hit and miss why don't you just refund buyins for all active mtts?
  • edited March 2014
    was registered for the mini BH last night but couldn't get on the site to play.
  • edited March 2014
    i also had problems last night you did refund my active game but my place in main and mini hasnt been refunded i was disconecting every two hands which made it very difficult to play and i ended up losing my chips due to this what is being done about tournaments u were playing and got bust in due to the issue
  • edited March 2014
    I was playing the Mini Bounty Hunter, was chip leader all the way through and went down to 3rd or 4th before it crashed.  I had knocked out about 6 people and received the money for their bounties but nothing else. It says on the forum you are paying out to affective chip stacks but I have not received anything. I have called Customer Care and they do not know what is happening and to read this forum.  This is bad customer servce! If Sky don't know if we will be and when who does!!!
  • edited March 2014
    the desition was very unfare when you had your problems i was in a £100 deepstack lying in 9th position with over 13000 chips & unable to play. above all you said paid out on chip stack size at the time of fault & yet you payed out to position 19
  • edited March 2014
    I was 7th in the 10k bh tournament with at least 3 heads. I don't think my compensation is anywhere near this. I have tried to contact you through email and live chat but no response

• edited March 2014
    was registered for the mini BH last night but couldn't get on the site to play.
    Posted by seanallen
    This should now have been resolved, please check your account balance

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    i also had problems last night you did refund my active game but my place in main and mini hasnt been refunded i was disconecting every two hands which made it very difficult to play and i ended up losing my chips due to this what is being done about tournaments u were playing and got bust in due to the issue
    Posted by matisback
    Hi Mat,

I've spoken to customer care on your behalf, please check your account balance as this should now have been resolved.

As i mention in my opening post, we dealt with as many people as quickly and fairly as possible last night. If you arent happy then please get in touch with customer care and we will aim to put it right

Kind regards

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    Last night I was in top 3 most of the night in the mini bh but finished 8th and got refunded £17.34 which was just my bountys won.
    Should I have not received 8th place money as was paid out based on chip stacks?
    Can you sort this please as speaking to online customer service chat is pointless.
  • edited March 2014
    I was playing the Mini Bounty Hunter, was chip leader all the way through and went down to 3rd or 4th before it crashed.  I had knocked out about 6 people and received the money for their bounties but nothing else. It says on the forum you are paying out to affective chip stacks but I have not received anything. I have called Customer Care and they do not know what is happening and to read this forum.  This is bad customer servce! If Sky don't know if we will be and when who does!!!
    Posted by JAKE111
    Hi There,

You already received a refund last night of £23.63 for the mini BH, which was correct based on your chipstack at settlement.

As i mentioned elsewhere, in a bounty hunter tournament, which is settled by chipstack, the amount received will often be less than you might expect because the cash prizepool is split much further. (50% bounties, 25% equally, 25% by chipstack)

Regards

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    was sitting in 4th place in 8:30 bh tournament and couldnt connect back to table wasnt till 45 minutes later sky closed all tables which by then i had dropped 100 places losing 3,000 in chips got little for where i was at gutted 
  • edited March 2014
    the desition was very unfare when you had your problems i was in a £100 deepstack lying in 9th position with over 13000 chips & unable to play. above all you said paid out on chip stack size at the time of fault & yet you payed out to position 19
    Posted by rocky790

Hi Rocky,

I've spoken to customer care on your behalf and this should now have been resolved.

Best Wishes

adam

• edited March 2014
    I was 7th in the 10k bh tournament with at least 3 heads. I don't think my compensation is anywhere near this. I have tried to contact you through email and live chat but no response
    Posted by Winter101
    Hi There,

I've checked your refund and it was correct, you received £75 in bounty prizes, which included the 3 heads you collected and your head prize. You also received an equal share of 1/4 of the total prizepool and 1/4 of the prizepool paid proportionate to chipstacks which made a total refund of £173.88

I appreciate that it may seem lower than you expected but it is correct in line with our settlement rules

Apologies

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    Hi
    I was playing in a £11 sit and go tournament ID 9197964 yesterday evening when the sky poker site went down, i got disconnected and i could get back into the site. At the time i had 2600 chips and due to the fact i could not connect to the sky poker site i got blinded out and have not received a refund for this
  • edited March 2014
    Last night I was in top 3 most of the night in the mini bh but finished 8th and got refunded £17.34 which was just my bountys won. Should I have not received 8th place money as was paid out based on chip stacks? Can you sort this please as speaking to online customer service chat is pointless.
    Posted by macapaca
    Hi macapaca,

Your refund was correct. If you are in 8th place when the tournament is settled, you do not receive the cash prize for 8th. The cash prizepool is split in half, with 50% divided equally to all remaining players and 50% divided proportionally by chipstack. This is how we settle tournaments which have yet to burst the bubble.

You received £26.86 in head prizes and £17.14 in cash refund which was correct

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    Hi I was playing in a £11 sit and go tournament ID 9197964 yesterday evening when the sky poker site went down, i got disconnected and i could get back into the site. At the time i had 2600 chips and due to the fact i could not connect to the sky poker site i got blinded out and have not received a refund for this
    Posted by The_Laird
    Hi there,

This should now be resolved by our customer care team, please check your account for details and we apologise for the delay

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    hi there thought i would leave it till today as you were busy last night ipaid £33 to enter 10k bounty hunter last night and was on till first break then was blinded out and never recieved a refund i got one bounty back but that was all could you please check and see what happened
  • edited March 2014
    gerryatblack, aka SumThing
    i entered two double your money trnys at 21-23 and 21-24 last evening, never managed to get to the tables.
    Nothing creditted back, When you get 5 minutes have a look for me
    Thanks
  • edited March 2014

Credit where credit is due.....thanks to Sky Adam for all his effort on this thread. It was prob a long night for a few of the Sky Poker staff.

....now, about this 56p that went missing in a BH....:)
  • edited March 2014
    I had just joined a st and go £5.50 last night when system stopped. No refund yet - am I due one?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Site issues and Refunds Explained - Our Sincere Apologies 21/03/2014 : Hi there, This should now be resolved by our customer care team, please check your account for details and we apologise for the delay Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

thanks very much adam i know you are really busy and you recified this very promptly, refund now received. you have givern me new faith in sky poker