You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site Issues - 22nd March

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

All systems are now back up and running. We are still investigating the root cause but our main priority was to get the site back up and refunds done.

As was the case last night, we have done the following:

-All Active Scheduled tournaments have been settled based on chipstacks
-All Active Sit and go’s have been voided with all buy-ins refunded
-All Cash game players who were stood up (either by choice or being timed out) had their balances returned to their account.
-All scheduled tournaments which hadn’t started have been cancelled
-All Sit and go’s which hadn’t started have been cancelled

We understand that a lot of questions need answering, and we will aim to get a more detailed response regarding the cause on here later tonight or tomorrow morning.

We have tried to settle all games as fairly and quickly as possible. We appreciate that some of you may not be happy with this result, and our contact centre team is available to assist you, but please be aware that they will be very busy so we would appreciate your patience whilst they try to answer all queries.

Our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience caused by the disruption to services.

Regards
Lee

Comments

• edited March 2014
    once again i feel robbed i struggled to keep myself in the primo and by some miracle i did the reund however is not great as i was also in the 4k bh and got a massive 77 quid thanks a bunch this however does not help when i bust mini for 5 50  3 direct sats for around 30 three bounty hunters for  around 40 pound what about the ones we blinded out in sky?
  • edited March 2014
    Hi matisback,

We can only apologise for your experiences over the last 2 evenings. We have reviewed your account and applied all refunds.

If you are not happy with this, can you please contact customer care.

Again, sincere apologies.

Lee
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Site Issues - 22nd March:
    Hi matisback, We can only apologise for your experiences over the last 2 evenings. We have reviewed your account and applied all refunds. If you are not happy with this, can you please contact customer care. Again, sincere apologies. Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Hi lee I reg in the £750 BH at half 12 last night and fell asleep from waiting can u I woke up and was forced all in as I only had a few chips left do I get refunded for that ty and hope the problem is solved 

• edited March 2014

The technical problems which sky sufferred were unacceptable from the customers perspective but these things do happen from time to time.

The way the sky team managed the situation was excellent. The "In Game' communication was good and a big TY to TommyD who immediatewly opened up a forum thread.

The formula Sky are using with regard to compensation and refunds seems to be very fair so, in conclusion I would like you to consider the following.

You are throwing on a dinner party, your guests have arrived, the food is being cooked and suddenly the gas and electricity are cut off. So no lighting, heating or cooking.. What would you do?

In my opinion the sky team have managed this issue to the best of their ability considering the horrific issues they were faced with.

So when you take time to complain please consider this as it wasn't the team's fault.

P.S. Please can we avoid this tonight :-)
  • edited March 2014
    queenkiz Contact customer support.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi QueenKiz,

I've reviewed the play and it looks like you had the full 2000 chips when you started play.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited March 2014
    Silly question,

but whats going to happen if the fault reappears tonight?
    If you're paying £110 and something goes wrong
    Is it fair? not to know how the situation will be resolved, until after the event?

I dont mean to be rude, but if you dont get the full experience paid for, shouldn't everyone get their money back irrespective of chipstacks?

You wouldn't expect to pay for a 3 course meal at a posh restaurant and be kicked out before finishing the starter.then expected  to leave with little or no refund.

Once is acceptable,  twice is forgiveable but if it happens again, there are no excuses IMO

• edited March 2014

Can I enquire if all the Sky Poker award points have been updated from last night please? 
  • edited March 2014
    was in 2 dyms had been playing both for about 20 minutes 2 players had been busted by they,re own play before the problems started was  just wondering if those players that had lost before the games crashed will be refunded and if so how is this fair on the 4 players left at each table that after beating 2 opponents and playing for 20+ minutes yet get the same result?

thanks in advance for the reply..churchy
  • edited March 2014
    Hi churchy,

The angle we took was to be as fair to as many people as possible and at the same time get things done as quickly as possible. Without going into technical details about the setup this was the best way to go about it with SnG's. We understand not everybody will be happy, and we ask those to contact customer care.
    We have credited your account with a goodwill gesture.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited March 2014
    Hi churchy, The angle we took was to be as fair to as many people as possible and at the same time get things done as quickly as possible. Without going into technical details about the setup this was the best way to go about it with SnG's. We understand not everybody will be happy, and we ask those to contact customer care. We have credited your account with a goodwill gesture. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    thanks very much lee.maybe players should be given a little bit more information and they would be more accepting and willing too wait i think that is what is annoying most people.

Also have too say was was happy with how i was dealt with by customer care as well helpful even although they must be sitting there pulling they,re hair out just now..

Hope sky give toomyd a wee reward for his efforts over the last few nights as well done a great job in trying too help and calm people down and giving as much information as possible..

if i lost the game through my own play and not through the outage i would not expect my buy in back as i lost. thats all i was meaning footsie any1 that lost/got blinded down because of the outage definetly deserve they,re money back..good luck churchy
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks churchy, and TommyD definitely got rewarded for his great work last night.

• edited March 2014
    @Maxally - all the points should be fine
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Site Issues - 22nd March : thanks very much lee.maybe players should be given a little bit more information and they would be more accepting and willing too wait i think that is what is annoying most people. Also have too say was was happy with how i was dealt with by customer care as well helpful even although they must be sitting there pulling they,re hair out just now.. Hope sky give toomyd a wee reward for his efforts over the last few nights as well done a great job in trying too help and calm people down and giving as much information as possible.. if i lost the game through my own play and not through the outage i would not expect my buy in back as i lost. thats all i was meaning footsie any1 that lost/got blinded down because of the outage definetly deserve they,re money back..good luck churchy
    Posted by churchy18
    I was very happy with the way i was treated last night by Liz K(i think) she explained everything fully.

Also i agree that TommyD did his best to update and keep everyone calm last night! the least he deserves is an entry to the roller or at very least a seat in the sat :-)

Although i understand some peoples fraustrations things happen outside of skys control... do you think they would intentionally stitch themselves up?
  • edited March 2014
    Slightly different scenario last night, footsie, in that the site was then taken down due to ongoing issues. Which is why the refunds were given.

Definitely no cyber attack but thanks for the heads up.
  • edited March 2014
    y is sky poker so bad.
  • edited March 2014

looks like the problems are ongoing, ive been having trouble opening tables today aswell.
     i had to close the two cash tables i was at because my bounty hunter table would not open, also when i tried to  open extra cash tables i was unable to.
     after rebooting and reopening sky i was able to continue.

• edited March 2014
    I just want to say thanks to Sky for dealing with my problems from last night and the refund. They dont have to and at least I know my money is safe.

• edited March 2014
    just got booted again sky knocked me out of 22bh and 22 main quali
  • edited March 2014
    hi lee I notice I have no refund for last nights primo- I had table freeze after 20mins or so of play which would then not reload until 1st break. it then froze up again after the break and when eventually reloaded table(connection was fine) the game was then paused. I was basically blinded out 1700 chips out of the 3k ss. I believe I deserve a refund
    and I was sat next to matisback and he was away more than i.
  • edited March 2014
    playing in 4pm freeroll 2 players from 6 can play rest of us can c cards but cant call what is going on
  • edited March 2014
    Tables keep crashing again getting a bit stupid now!
    Seeing as u seem to have no clue what's causing the problems you really should take site down till you know what the 
    Problem is.
  • edited March 2014
    Im in 3 tournaments with no cards!! literally no cards at all. tables crashing every 2 minutes! overall this weekend im nearly £100 worse off because of these problems. as soon as this sitngo promo is over im withdrawing all money and im off
  • edited March 2014
    please email me when everthing is sorted SKY i love playing here but never ever been refunded just mearly a sorry perhaps thats all u can do i will have to take my business elsewhere ill pop back now again to check andprob use up my poker points. THANK YOU
  • edited March 2014
    not happy at all playing 2 or 3 dyms at the time of these constant crashes.
    also final table of trilogy freeroll with chance of winning when everything crashed.
    hope im gonna at least get my money back for the dyms
  • edited March 2014
      I have just had a long chat with CC as unhappy that I playing my last fiver on the site in a 5.50 DYM to double up and any chance i had ruined by constant disconnection issue.

CC told me i was in fact playing a freeroll  (which i was at same time) and that is where my disconnection problems were so i could only be refunded the 10 points used to enter!

Do they think I was lying?? Really unhappy, especially with the inference that i was lying to get some credit.
  • edited March 2014
    looks like there is going to be more problems tonight just played the both 500gtd freerolls and a 5.50 bounty site not running well at all, I will save the hassle tonight and play on a different site.. I fear sky will lose a lot of its customers due to the problems this weekend, some players have lost a large amount of time and money on the site this weekend including me, but I will be back as soon as I know and have been re-assured that all the problems are sorted..any goodwill gesture will be gratefully received for the inconvenience caused ;-) ..
  • edited March 2014
     looks like the problems are ongoing, ive been having trouble opening tables today aswell.  i had to close the two cash tables i was at because my bounty hunter table would not open, also when i tried to  open extra cash tables i was unable to.  after rebooting and reopening sky i was able to continue.  
    Posted by longman912
    im having the same trouble today tourneys are not on the main lobby as they should be i have even checked the freeroll section and the freeroll satts were up earlier but have been taken down?
  • edited March 2014
    It's great that an FTSE company worth just short of £15 BILLION can't seem to fix the problems. I'm guessing we all know the problem, lack of investment. Maybe it's a cunning plan, end of year results due and the fish have donated to much rake to the sky coffers so they are needing to balance the tax books? Who know's just a rant to bring soon smiles to peeps faces ;') 
    Good Luck all 
    ps tar for my refunds ;')
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Site Issues - 22nd March : im having the same trouble today tourneys are not on the main lobby as they should be i have even checked the freeroll section and the freeroll satts were up earlier but have been taken down?
    Posted by kev1993

£3K B/H freeroll @ 6pm has just been put up as well as a £300 freeroll @7pm

Thanks SKY for refunding my stakes in the games I've had problems in.

Hope this will be a short term problem and some info for all on tonights Live tv programme would be good, and I hope you dont have problems during tonights show coz that could be very embarassing

Good Luck to all playin tonight and fingers crossed there are no issues