You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Rewards - frequency

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

Some votes please...

Forgetting about the structure and format (for now) how often would you like your Sky Poker Rewards to be paid?

Obviously, on average, shorter periods would mean less amounts but more frequently and longer would mean larger but less frequently.

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited March 2014
    will the number of points earned per £1 rake change if the frequency changes? 

would need more details before deciding...

like, if paid daily, what would the structure of % rakeback  earned be??
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards - frequency:
    will the number of points earned per £1 rake change if the frequency changes?  would need more details before deciding... like, if paid daily, what would the structure of % rakeback  earned be??
    Posted by chicknMelt
    This is just a discussion about frequency for now. It's a bit chicken & egg we agree but we wanted to keep it simple for now.
  • edited March 2014
    I say do it annually. Give me a tasty Christmas bonus, instead of a monthly bump.
  • edited March 2014
    I voted monthly but as chicken said we'd really need more details. i.e. when you earn so many points your rate for points change. Would these rates change and how?!

Assuming these points thresholds were just increased/decreased pro rata then I vote monthly because it allows you to catch up for weeks were you couldnt play as much which then gives your whole monthly points reward a boost. For example if you had 3 small weeks and 1 bumper week volume wise I think I'd be better off under a monthly scheme.

Daily and quarterly are just a no no. Daily you dont really feel/see the benefit and quarterly I think players would blow there bankroll and wait for rewards payments whereas the monthly reward payment gives them a small injection every month and the incentive/encouragement to keep playing/depositing.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not sure why details are relevant here, guys. I understand about rake, etc, but it's simple:

-- do you want money every day, week, month, quarter, year, or given to your beneficiaries upon your death?
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not sure why details are relevant here, guys. I understand about rake, etc, but it's simple: -- do you want money every day, week, month, quarter, year, or given to your beneficiaries upon your death?
    Posted by Slipwater
    LOL - indeed.

For now it's just a simple question of how often you prefer to be paid.
  • edited March 2014
    Weekly rakeback has always been a positive for me when looking at new sites.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not sure why details are relevant here, guys. I understand about rake, etc, but it's simple: -- do you want money every day, week, month, quarter, year, or given to your beneficiaries upon your death?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Well I'd say weekly but the reward system (details) would have to change. If it's the current system just pro rata then i think I'd be worse off with weekly payments so i'd choose monthly.

The details are vital!
  • edited March 2014
    would a 'cashout' button not work?

you could still earn at the currenrt rate [1.5p for 3000 in a month etc].

but have the choice of cashing it out whenever you want.
  • edited March 2014
    Do you want:

a) £250 a week
    b) £1,000 a month
    c) £3,000 a quarter
    d) £12,000 a year

Easy question to answer. Stop setting up hurdles when it's a flat race.
  • edited March 2014
    The current payment seems to be manual so more frequent means higher costs which means lower rewards (unless whoever is doing it is offering to do it for free or Mr Murdoch wants lower profits). So if it aint broke......
  • edited March 2014
    Do you want:   a) £250 a week b) £1,000 a month c) £3,000 a quarter d) £12,000 a year Easy question to answer. Stop setting up hurdles when it's a flat race.
    Posted by Slipwater

As I said it's weekly all being equal but I dont think all is equal. 

For instance if nothing else changes using the current system using your example it becomes a choice of £200 a week or £1000 a month!

I'm "setting up hurdles" because if we all choose weekly and then it's flicked to weekly with nothing else changing then I think I lose out. So I thought it was important to stress that point.

It's a bit like asking how often would I like it to be sunny - every day, twice a week etc etc - I would choose every day but I also understand that we'd need some other way to get things to grow so I couldnt choose sunny every day without a change to the other "details/hurdles" etc lol best example i could think of!

• edited March 2014
    Do you want:   a) £250 a week b) £1,000 a month c) £3,000 a quarter d) £12,000 a year Easy question to answer. Stop setting up hurdles when it's a flat race.
    Posted by Slipwater
    No, it's not an easy question to answer! Suppose I earn 2500 points per week. If we were paid weekly with the current C4P system that would be a mere £25 I get each week (a total of just over £100 a month) - now suppose I got 2500 points per week in the current system - that would get me to priority and I get nearly £300 a month from that. So for the same amount of time played I get 3 times as much money with it being paid monthly as opposed to weekly.

• edited March 2014
    Posted by Slipwater
    £250 is by far the best option!!

250 per week = 13k per year
     and 1088 per month!!

i think weekly payouts would affect the low point earners
    minimum 100 points for £1.  plyers that take over 1 week to earn 100 points wouldnt get anything whereas they get a pound or 2 if they are paid out monthly
  • edited March 2014
    Jesus. Seriously...

I am going to give you money.

I will do this in one of the ways specified.

Which frequency do you prefer?

FORGET THAT IT IS SKY REWARDS.

It is really simple, guys.
  • edited March 2014
    I think this is a flawed question I'm afraid. With C4P having different levels then obviously the longer you leave it the better. 

I think it's fine as it is now as it works well with promotions. 

As said though, they could be a 'cash out' button. I would never use it but it would benefit anyone needing to top up there BR to play and would also benefit Sky as they wouldn't be able to get to any improvement tier where there PP are worth more. 
  • edited March 2014
    Jesus. Seriously... I am going to give you money. I will do this in one of the ways specified. Which frequency do you prefer? FORGET THAT IT IS SKY REWARDS. It is really simple, guys.
    Posted by Slipwater
    its not as easy as that though... the ways its set out doesnt really mean an equal split.  i earn £3 per month

this equates to less than £1 per week which wouldnt reach the minimum, therfore i get nothing!! im not gonna argue over a few quid, im just saying.   i bet there will be people who will tho!
  • edited March 2014
    Jesus. Seriously... I am going to give you money. I will do this in one of the ways specified. Which frequency do you prefer? FORGET THAT IT IS SKY REWARDS. It is really simple, guys.
    Posted by Slipwater

YOU can pay me every week then, and sky can pay me every month. Cheers.
  • edited March 2014
    Lol - Maxally ;)

Look, I know it's Friday, but I don't understand why you can't answer a simple question without throwing in the whats, ifs, and maybes.

If I see you in the street and tell you I'm going to give you a sum of cash, but you have to choose the amount of installments it comes in, would you be able to hit upon a decision then?
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by Slipwater
    lol I get your frustration.

+1
  • edited March 2014
    Lol - Maxally ;) Look, I know it's Friday, but I don't understand why you can't answer a simple question without throwing in the whats, ifs, and maybes. If  see you in the street and tell you I'm going to give you a sum of cash, but you have to choose the amount of installments it comes in, would you be able to hit upon a decision then?
    Posted by Slipwater
    :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards - frequency : :)
    Posted by pocket9s
    Yes, we can all deal in pedantry... it's what this thread has devolved into.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards - frequency : Yes, we can all deal in pedantry... it's what this thread has devolved into.
    Posted by Slipwater

im only joking mun dont be like that!! smile its friday :)
  • edited March 2014
    Lol - Maxally ;) Look, I know it's Friday, but I don't understand why you can't answer a simple question without throwing in the whats, ifs, and maybes. If I see you in the street and tell you I'm going to give you a sum of cash, but you have to choose the amount of installments it comes in, would you be able to hit upon a decision then?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Look,  I know it's Friday, but I don't understand why you're getting worked up about this
  • edited March 2014
    Slip the ifs and buts are important though. If someone said they'd start paying your salary weekly if you liked, your first resposnse would be yes that's fine BUT as long as my overall salary isnt affected. 

I answered the basic question in my second post when i said weekly but the system would have to change IMO because I think I'd be worse off if it were just pro rata. 

You may want one word answers from everyone but some us dont mind discussing it.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards - frequency : Look,  I know it's Friday, but I don't understand why you're getting worked up about this
    Posted by Jac35
    Lol - not getting 'worked up'. I just despair with people sometimes :)
  • edited March 2014
    As far as I can see, Sky are asking a hypothetical question to just assume the monetary amount is EXACTLY the same however u split it, how would u want your money.
  • edited March 2014
    As far as I can see, Sky are asking a hypothetical question to just assume the monetary amount is EXACTLY the same however u split it, how would u want your money.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Bingo.

Lambert: I think I want to have your babies.
  • edited March 2014
    I 100% agree with slipwater: we need more details before we can answer...
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Rewards - frequency : Bingo. Lambert: I think I want to have your babies.
    Posted by Slipwater
    like :)