You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Nothing
It's been a blast

Comments

• edited March 2014

Hi all,

Your next live show on Sky Poker TV is this Sunday night 7pm to midnight.

And it's the biggest of the lot. Not The Super Roller...

THE MEGA ROLLER!!!! 

Steering you through the massive £30,000 GTD game will be myself, Richard Orford and Redmond Lee.

Joining us in the studio will be poker pro Karl Mahrenholz.

And playing the game at home and on Skype throughout the show will be Ross Jarvis and, 'fresh' from the EPT Vienna- Joe Stapleton.

All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so stick them either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

On Saturday night the clocks went forward- and we all lost an hour. Which got me thinking about time-travel. Tenuous I know, but it's good way of getting into this question...

If you could go back in time and change just one thing in your poker career what would it be?

Look forward to your answers and see you Sunday night at 7!

• edited March 2014
    In Response to The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    Hi all,   Your next live show on Sky Poker TV is this Sunday night 7pm to midnight. And it's the biggest of the lot. Not The Super Roller... THE MEGA ROLLER!!!!     Steering you through the massive £30,000 GTD game will be myself,  Richard Orford  and Redmond Jarvis. Full details of the schedule to follow. But the focus will be mainly the main event.     All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so stick them either on this thread, via email  skyopen@bskyb.com  or via Twitter  #skypoker   On Saturday night the clocks went forward- and we all lost an hour. Which got me thinking about time-travel. Tenuous I know, but it's good way of getting into this question... If you could go back in time and change just one thing in your poker career what would it be?   Look forward to your answers and see you Sunday night at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Who's Redmond Jarvis?  Bit too excited after your last minute winner against Cardiff Mr O?  Or have Redmond Lee and Ross Jarvis taken advantage of todays change in the law and got married?  Many congrats if they have.

The one thing I would change is to get into online poker 5 or so years before I did.  It would of been amazing being a part of the boom years.

Have fun everyone and run golden
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    In Response to The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : Who's Redmond Jarvis?  Bit too excited after your last minute winner against Cardiff Mr O?  Or have Redmond Lee and Ross Jarvis taken advantage of todays change in the law and got married?  Many congrats if they have. The one thing I would change is to get into online poker 5 or so years before I did.  It would of been amazing being a part of the boom years. Have fun everyone and run golden
    Posted by cenachav
    Oops-typo! Duly amended. 

Last minute winner against Cardiff? Is that a rubdown, Mark?

Did you see what happened with the last kick of the game..?
  • edited March 2014
    Personally. mine will be slightly contraversial, but i first started when i was 14 played a little then stopped, picking back up when i was 19. I would personally now have changed that and keep playing from then. 
  • edited March 2014
    Evening "sausage fingers"... I would say withdrawing my bankroll was my biggest mistake as it turned it into 'real money' which I wouldn't want to risk losing these days. This has meant i'll unlikely ever move up the levels like others do.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : Oops-typo! Duly amended.  Last minute winner against Cardiff? Is that a rubdown, Mark? Did you see what happened with the last kick of the game..?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Not until now, had to start cooking about 4.50 so missed Cardiff's equalizer.  Unlucky
  • edited March 2014

If you could go back in time and change just one thing in your poker career what would it be?

Attitude!

Better to have shoved and lost, than never to have shoved at all!

I worried more about the chips at stake than the strength of my hand.

Poker will always be about percentages and making the right decisions.

Its too easy to beat yourself up because the 1 in a 100 chance takes you out on the river!

When you should be thinking the next 99 times you'll be a winner!

• edited March 2014
    Unlucky about thaat 3-3 draw rich have a great show 

Well if I could go back in time b4 I started playing poker I wish I would of learnt how to play it :/

Also wish I would of learnt the seat positions bet sizing ect

Anyways to all the mother especially the single mother you do an amazing job HAPPY MOTHERS DAY 
  • edited March 2014
    I'll answer your question when I've been knocked out of the Mega Roller! Qualified through a freeroll, and had to take a sicky from work this evening to take part! I may well be regretting this after getting knocked out on the first hand....Then again, it's a lovely day, and when would I ever be able to participate in a tournament that is way way out of my bankroll with all the big guns! It'll be worth it, if only for a hand or three! Good luck to everyone. Fingers crossed the Poker Gods are in a good mood!
  • edited March 2014
    to answer your question:

I personally would have changed one thing, and that would be too study the game first through watching videos reading books and asking more advice from poker pro's and some of the finest players on here, instead of doing these things after i found the need to.

good luck to all and have a great show

• edited March 2014

Hiya Guys have a good show,

The only thing i would change is i wish i started playing a lot younger as its so much fun.

Quick Question for you what's the chance of a last longer comp for the Mini Roller? If yes count me in (its same buy in as tuesdays turbo) TY
  • edited March 2014
    Good answers chaps. Really interesting.

If you're reading this and haven't yet contributed your thoughts to the question of the day then please do so. I'll be reading them all out on air later and discussing with the guys on the show.

Yes, did I say 'guys', plural?

I did. And it's because...news just in...joining me and Redmond tonight for the whole show in the studio will be Karl Mahrenholz.

And playing in the Mega Roller and joing us on Skype will be Joe Stapleton and Ross Jarvis!
  • edited March 2014
    And playing in the Mega Roller and joing us on Skype will be Joe Stapleton and Ross Jarvis !
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Better get in there quickly with Stapes, Rich ;)
  • edited March 2014

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii GET IN i've only gone and binked a seat via a sat for the Main Mega £30k roller tonight am well pleased as this will be the very 1st time i've played a roller since i joined sky poker many years ago gl all ps any advice from tonights guests & yourself Rich would be very much appreciated also playing mini roller as well

Michael
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross Jarvis and Joe Stapleton ***official show thread***:
           wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii GET IN i've only gone and binked a seat via a sat for the Main Mega £30k roller tonight am well pleased as this will be the very 1st time i've played a roller since i joined sky poker many years ago gl all ps any advice from tonights guests & yourself Rich would be very much appreciated also playing mini roller as well     Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Glgl

Just play your normal game.  watch out for anyone trying to bully on the table and only tangle with then if you like your hand. Use pot control vs bolshie oppos. Above all don't panic.

OK so I'm none of the above you were asking but hey at least I answered.
  • edited March 2014

Hi Rich & guests i got in via a £3 all in sat after failing at a £6 direct one, ty for the mention am absolutely buzzing & am gonna enjoy it & see wot happens.GL ALL

Cheers for the advice GELDY :)

Michael
  • edited March 2014
    Hey team!

Question for the guys, What's your thoughts on the emergence of the poker players coming out of Scotland and their performance this year?

P.S binked an all in satellite for £3 after cashing instead of getting a seat in the early satelite!

• edited March 2014
    Very early hand from the roller #  761585377

Should I be folding turn / calling hoping to fill up on the river? River was going to be a fold, but was a very small bet...
  • edited March 2014

From Roller tonight.

I was keen not to inflate the pot too much pre.  I don't want to get my entire stack in the middle pre flop v a hand like QQ.  Id rather see a flop and take it from there.

Is there a case for folding pre?  Even though villains could easily have QQ-JJ hands and my Ace and King can still be live.

Can I get away on flop ever given that I have great equity v almost any hand?

Did I butcher it essentially?

Massive sigh.
  • edited March 2014
    Cheers guys!

See you in Edinburgh next week Karl! Also managed to bink a satellite to that next week!

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross Jarvis and Joe Stapleton ***official show thread***:
    761583720 From Roller tonight. I was keen not to inflate the pot too much pre.  I don't want to get my entire stack in the middle pre flop v a hand like QQ.  Id rather see a flop and take it from there. Is there a case for folding pre?  Even though villains could easily have QQ-JJ hands and my Ace and King can still be live. Can I get away on flop ever given that I have great equity v almost any hand? Did I butcher it essentially? Massive sigh.
    Posted by gazza127
    Hi Gazza,

Thanks for the request, can you check the hand id for me... the one you've given is your bust out hand!

Cheers,
    Louis
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross Jarvis and Joe Stapleton ***official show thread*** : Hi Gazza, Thanks for the request, can you check the hand id for me... the one you've given is your bust out hand! Cheers, Louis
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    woops

there you go
  • edited March 2014
    If i could go back in time and change anything in my poker career... id fold pre in the second hand of the roller tonight.

Yep... BUSTO
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross Jarvis and Joe Stapleton ***official show thread***:
    Hi all,   Your next live show on Sky Poker TV is this Sunday night 7pm to midnight. And it's the biggest of the lot. Not The Super Roller... THE MEGA ROLLER!!!!     Steering you through the massive £30,000 GTD game will be myself,  Richard Orford  and Redmond Lee. Joining us in the studio will be poker pro Karl Mahrenholz. And playing the game at home and on Skype throughout the show will be Ross Jarvis and, 'fresh' from the EPT Vienna- Joe Stapleton.   All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so stick them either on this thread, via email  skyopen@bskyb.com  or via Twitter  #skypoker   On Saturday night the clocks went forward- and we all lost an hour. Which got me thinking about time-travel. Tenuous I know, but it's good way of getting into this question... If you could go back in time and change just one thing in your poker career what would it be?   Look forward to your answers and see you Sunday night at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
     I'd fold my trip 4s in the main event tonight! I've joined the mini event on my fiancé account now name LABBY2009 should be out this tourni as I was playing very aggressive still fumming from the main lol I've now settled down and fancy a pay out tonight. cheers guys enjoying watching the show. 
  • edited March 2014
    Evening all,

Personally, I wish i would've got involved in the sky poker community when i first joined. Made alot of friends already from being part of the forum and a team, and has made the game so much more enjoyable. Enjoying the show
  • edited March 2014
    I notice Ross is not playing the mini tonight. After he bangs on about the final table jackpot everytime he's on the show - I'm very disappointed.
  • edited March 2014
    I would go back and play more tournies. I set out to make money by grinding cash tables, I suceeded in making money but was bored. I was playing in the region of 16 tables at a time often on auto pilot. I got fed up then tried a tournie and it was more fun.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi guys, can you show this hand from tonight's roller plz.

What do Karl/Redmond think of the hand, particularly the sizing? I often tend to go smaller postflop in MTTs cos I prefer to play lots of small pots and it helps when you're opening alot and bluffing a fair bit. It just seems to get the same 'answer' most of the time with your bluffs as a bigger bet does and gets called wider when we're going for value.

Do you think it's too small in this hand?

Hand ID: 761630977

30/03/2014 21:17761630977
  • edited March 2014

hi could I have your thoughts on the call on this flop?
    as he is out of position should I have give up on the flop
    hand was from the main event

• edited March 2014
    In Response to The Sunday Night £30K Mega Roller- live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Reds, Karl Mahrenholz, Ross Jarvis and Joe Stapleton ***official show thread*** :  I'd fold my trip 4s in the main event tonight! I've joined the mini event on my fiancé account now name LABBY2009 should be out this tourni as I was playing very aggressive still fumming from the main lol I've now settled down and fancy a pay out tonight. cheers guys enjoying watching the show. 
    Posted by ace1981
    Don't do this. It's not fair to the other players for you to play on multiple accounts and it is against the rules on every online poker site. The experience you gain playing with particular opponents, without them knowing you're the same player is an unfair advantage.

Most people do this without realising it's against the rules, which is understandable. Just don't be doing it again. ;)