You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I wouldn't fall for that bluff above LMFAOallin.

Clearly OP has some chatbox issues she needs to resolve ;)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter:
    I wouldn't fall for that bluff above LMFAOallin. Clearly OP has some chatbox issues she needs to resolve ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I did move over to "the dark side" yesterday in feedback lol
    :D
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : I did move over to "the dark side" yesterday in feedback lol :D
    Posted by mrsduck
    I've just read that.
    You talk about your students being deluded when actually I think it may be you.
    You say you're nice!

I don't forget what you did to poor Dev so quickly.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : I've just read that. You talk about your students being deluded when actually I think it may be you. You say you're nice! I don't forget what you did to poor Dev so quickly.
    Posted by Jac35
    Toad!
  • edited March 2015
    i think a flying duck would be a great personalisation
    and give those monkeys a break

• edited March 2015
    i think a flying duck would be a great personalisation and give those monkeys a break
    Posted by GELDY
    The problem is Geld, that ducks can fly, innit! :)
  • edited March 2015
    And monkeys can't? 
    I'm sure i saw some on the discovery channel
  • edited March 2015
    Serious run bad and play worse in the BHs the last few days, luckily I've had a lot of run good and been lucky at the cash tables so I'm more or less where I started :)
    Mr Duck out for the night so I'm mighty tempted to play the 8pm £33 BH. In fact I've already regged for it ~ just tried to win a seat in a £7.20 sat but came third for £12 or so, so I've knocked a little off the entry at least lol :)
    If I play it, I'll host a little ride along (that's if I make the first break!) hehe
  • edited March 2015
    Wooooot!

DrRunGood356501£10,000 B/Hunter
    mrsduck123502£10,000 B/Hunter
    Ciops03£10,000 B/Hunter
    bernie196804£6.60
    jm53305 
    Now they're paying me to play! ;)
  • edited March 2015
    Is it a good idea to have two glasses of red wine before we get going?
    Let's see! :D
    GL everyone tonight!
  • edited March 2015
    Serious run bad and play worse in the BHs the last few days, luckily I've had a lot of run good and been lucky at the cash tables so I'm more or less where I started :) Mr Duck out for the night so I'm mighty tempted to play the 8pm £33 BH. In fact I've already regged for it ~ just tried to win a seat in a £7.20 sat but came third for £12 or so, so I've knocked a little off the entry at least lol :) If I play it, I'll host a little ride along (that's if I make the first break!) hehe
    Posted by mrsduck
    looking forward to it and wishing you all the best
  • edited March 2015
    First break ~ just above starting stack! 112/188
    Watching a horror film (not very scary though) and more wine :)
  • edited March 2015
    Didn't make second break! :(
    Snuffling around the cash tables for a bit :)

PS ~ Sorry my ride alongs are really short and boring!
  • edited March 2015
    Just won £50 on Arsenal, bonza! :)
  • edited March 2015
    Didn't make second break! :( Snuffling around the cash tables for a bit :) PS ~ Sorry my ride alongs are really short and boring!
    Posted by mrsduck
    even slippy does better than that - the write-up that is - you beat half the field so there must've been an interesting hand in there somewhere
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : even slippy does better than that - the write-up that is - you beat half the field so there must've been an interesting hand in there somewhere
    Posted by GELDY
    Beat half the field? I'd give yourself a tick, Ducky.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : even slippy does better than that - the write-up that is - you beat half the field so there must've been an interesting hand in there somewhere
    Posted by GELDY
    I know I can always count on Gelders to bang my drum in my absence :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : I know I can always count on Gelders to bang my bum in my absence :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    okok, I'm a child :)
  • edited March 2015
    Just won £50 on Arsenal, bonza! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Weeeeee Missy :)
  • edited March 2015
    Analysing hands just ain't my bag I'm afraid Geldy, unless of course I had 22!
    Cheers huft, I gave myself a mighty big tick last night for that one ;)
    Slip, I think the fact he wrote even Slippy, kinda contradicts his compliment lol
    And Sam <3 just <3:D

Three hours off between classes this afternoon and tonight so played the £11 BH and won about £50 and had a little splash about in 50NL and won about £80 ~ happy days!
    Back to work now, you guys behave!!
    :)
  • edited March 2015
    Analysing hands just ain't my bag I'm afraid Geldy, unless of course I had 22! Cheers huft, I gave myself a mighty big tick last night for that one ;) Slip, I think the fact he wrote even Slippy , kinda contradicts his compliment lol And Sam <3 just <3:D Three hours off between classes this afternoon and tonight so played the £11 BH and won about £50 and had a little splash about in 50NL and won about £80 ~ happy days! Back to work now, you guys behave!! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Pretty sure no girls know how to even get to hand history Geldy ;) 

More binks Duckyments... go girl x
  • edited March 2015
    Wow 9 days!

I splaffed a bit of money away at the end of last week on cash, so I took it easy for a couple of days so I wouldn't get the tilts ~ it worked, I think!
    This week I've felt a bit ducky down, so didn't really fancy posting :(
    Aussies MTT thread cheered me up though yesterday when I noticed I was back on a leaderboard :) it's a good one I think, something to do with FTs, not managing to get any wins though, had quite a few 2nd places this month which is still nice! Despite that, BR isn't looking all that great! Oh well, little ducky steps, we'll get there :)
    Enjoy the forum get together everyone who's going. Hopefully it'll be an Outlaw clean up on the FT!

<3
  • edited March 2015
    Feel better soon lady, wish you were coming with us :(

Will get you live soon, fact!! xx
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks Sam! :)

Really chuffed, have final tabled the last 3 £22BHs I've played ~ and 4 (out of 6) this week! I know the daytime BHs don't have huge fields but still it's a nice little boost, both mentally and BR wise.
    Also it's the weekend, whoopee! :D
    Enjoy everyone!
  • edited March 2015
    First win of March! ~ getting back into the swing of it :)
    No cash, concentrate, play well, get lucky :D

mrsduck1020001£47.17 + £35.73 Head Prizes8 
    127RIBEROT02£28.05 + £15.23 Head Prizes5 
    Skip12303£19.120 
    olly090104£14.03 + £13.60 Head Prizes6 
  • edited March 2015
    Woop woop well done mrs!
  • edited March 2015
    Oh how I've missed you...
    Ducks of the day!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    flamingo Small blind   150.00 150.00 4185.00
    peterplod Big blind   300.00 450.00 7347.50
      Your hole cards

the worm Raise   600.00 1050.00 7052.50
    highroll28 Fold        
    mrsduck Call   600.00 1650.00 5200.00
    flamingo Fold        
    peterplod Fold        
    Flop

the worm Check        
    mrsduck Bet   825.00 2475.00 4375.00
    the worm Call   825.00 3300.00 6227.50
    Turn

• K

the worm Check        
    mrsduck Bet   1800.00 5100.00 2575.00
    the worm All-in   6227.50 11327.50 0.00
    mrsduck All-in   2575.00 13902.50 0.00
    the worm Unmatched bet   1852.50 12050.00 1852.50
    the worm Show

mrsduck Show

River

mrsduck Win Four 2s 12050.00   12050.00
    Got some abuse for this one!

• edited March 2015
    Oh how I've missed you... Ducks of the day! Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance flamingo Small blind   150.00 150.00 4185.00 peterplod Big blind   300.00 450.00 7347.50   Your hole cards 2 2       the worm Raise   600.00 1050.00 7052.50 highroll28 Fold         mrsduck Call   600.00 1650.00 5200.00 flamingo Fold         peterplod Fold         Flop     2 10 7       the worm Check         mrsduck Bet   825.00 2475.00 4375.00 the worm Call   825.00 3300.00 6227.50 Turn     K       the worm Check         mrsduck Bet   1800.00 5100.00 2575.00 the worm All-in   6227.50 11327.50 0.00 mrsduck All-in   2575.00 13902.50 0.00 the worm Unmatched bet   1852.50 12050.00 1852.50 the worm Show 10 10       mrsduck Show 2 2       River     2       mrsduck Win Four 2s 12050.00   12050.00 Got some abuse for this one!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Nice one Duckster
    Early bird catches the worm huh? :-)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Nice one Duckster Early bird catches the worm huh? :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    My thoughts exactly, plus he reacted like a worm! ;)
    2 wins either side of duck day (22nd) can't be bad ~ couldn't win a bean yesterday!
    :)

mrsduck620001£31 + £12.70 Head Prizes2 
    Limekjq02£19.38 + £15.65 Head Prizes5 
    BAD4U03£11.62 + £9.13 Head Prizes3 
    FISHER1304£8.53 + £1.88 Head Prizes1
  • edited April 2015
    Everything, everything

I've been feeling down for about two and a bit weeks now. Nothing started it and nothing's stopped it, it just blew in with the start of Spring. I threw myself into a book and yes two and a bit weeks is a long time to get lost inside a book, but I did just that, and it's a mighty long book too ~ it's called Lonesome Dove, perhaps some of you oldies will have heard of it, or the series? Which I've only just discovered exists since I've finished it.

When I was reading it little did I know it was some huge famous trilogy that millions have discovered before me. So, reading it late at night, on long bus journeys and huddled in bed in the mornings desperate not to have to get up, I felt a kind of specialness, me along with those Cowboys (it's a Western) taking that epic journey together, many of them their last. Even though in reality I was not the first to discover this book, and although they (the Cowboys) had travelled so far, in those 700 odd pages, I had only retreated further inside myself and was pretty much fixed to the sofa, chair, floor, bed (delete as applicable). 
    I became so absorbed in this story that when it came to an abrupt end on Monday I didn't know quite what to do. The last few hundred pages had made me cry over and over, over the weekend (some happy tears, some sad) and now I'm sat with a heavy heart for a bunch of people stuck in my mind that don't actually exist!

Something else happened on Monday, which I won't tell you about, but it felt like the beginning of something, so I'm trying to help it along by attempting to clear this fog and look forward to new things. I thought starting a light hearted book might help too, so I'm now reading "The Autograph Man" by Zadie Smith but every time I open it I'm yearning for the stories of Gus and Newt and Lorena. I haven't felt this way since Gormenghast, but it's the sign of a very very good book so I'm happy about that :)

I just found out an hour ago that i've passed my 6 week probation period for my marking and that my contract has been renewed for a year, so really really chuffed about that, was really doubting myself about it, so that's another cloud lifted! Also I'll get my first paycheque from them on Friday so $$! Onwards and upwards :D
    I'm taking a mini poker break, I'll be back Sunday, when I'm aiming to be a cheery duck again. Have a lovely week/weekend all.

"Drag my tongue across the sand, so happy just to crawl across the land, soon I'll be the best around, I'm gonna keep my plunder underground/Take me to the distant past, I want to go back, save me from the distant past, I want this so bad"