You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited April 2015
    is it duck season.... 

..... asks elmer fudd :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter:
    is it duck season....  ..... asks elmer fudd :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Catch me if you can! :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Catch me if you can! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    The only chance Sam would have of catching you is if you were covered in takeaway, in which case she might hunt you down.

Assuming she hasn't misplaced her inhaler of course.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : The only chance Sam would have of catching you is if you were covered in takeaway, in which case she might hunt you down. Assuming she hasn't misplaced her inhaler of course.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Geldy....
    Do you have that gun?
    And where would you like it? :)

• edited April 2015
    So much has happened this past week!
    A breeze came in and lifted the clouds away, Winter became Spring and a Dove became Swann. 

I finished the sci-fi (pretty disappointing) and ditched Zadie for some pre-Summer Proust.
    The local outdoor pool opened and on a whim last Wednesday I went and paid up for the whole season ~ Was minding my own business having my first swim when a bloke came up and asked me to be on the radio, so there was me just before 9am live on the bbc local radio making a total t!t of myself! I think they must have chosen me as I was the only person there under about 60 years old! Lol! This morning for about 15 minutes I was the only one in the entire pool, save for a duck paddling in the shallow end, bliss! :D

My students got their exam results ~ 4 passed and 3 failed, 2 by 1 mark! Really disappointed in and for those 2. They both panicked in the reading and really should have passed. The other guy I didn't expect to pass and another 2 I thought would fail actually passed! Got a new batch now, and am determined to get all of them to pass this time. 
    More news but for now I gotta get to work...
    Poker's going well :)

• edited April 2015
    So much has happened this past week! A breeze came in and lifted the clouds away, Winter became Spring and a Dove became Swann.  I finished the sci-fi (pretty disappointing) and ditched Zadie for some pre-Summer Proust. The local outdoor pool opened and on a whim last Wednesday I went and paid up for the whole season ~ Was minding my own business having my first swim when a bloke came up and asked me to be on the radio, so there was me just before 9am live on the bbc local radio making a total t!t of myself! I think they must have chosen me as I was the only person there under about 60 years old! Lol! This morning for about 15 minutes I was the only one in the entire pool, save for a duck paddling in the shallow end, bliss! :D My students got their exam results ~ 4 passed and 3 failed, 2 by 1 mark! Really disappointed in and for those 2. They both panicked in the reading and really should have passed. The other guy I didn't expect to pass and another 2 I thought would fail actually passed! Got a new batch now, and am determined to get all of them to pass this time.  More news but for now I gotta get to work... Poker's going well :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Proust?

That's a little too highbrow for most of your readership, Ducky!

Students always seem to pass their exams, even if they have been really, really naughty - at least, that's the case in the videos I've watched online...
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Ducky!! just found your diary on Monday, what a great read, you have a lovely way with words, have you thought about a career in....oh wait...im sure your students are lucky to have you at the helm and you will have them sailing thru their exams in no time.

So I think your duckiness, if that's not a word it should be, rubbed off a little the day I found your diary.....as I was reading it was playing the 3pm main semi sat, was playing tight as the table popping up was getting in the way of a good read!! the first hand I played was 22, I limped in utg and called a small re raise and flopped a set, luckily my opponent was holding kk and went mad on the flop so I got a full double up!! this got me in to 2nd and im sure helped me on my way to bagging a seat...next thing to happen was similar to something in one of your posts, perhaps why I noticed. before I go back to work I register for all the dtd games as late reg is over when I get back and as I had satted the main reged for the mini too, just as I was about to log out I noticed my balance was £2222 and change, like you said enough for a chocy bar!!! so the final duckiness of the day came in one of the dtd events where I won a massive pot with another flopped set of 2's, I remember thinking at the time will have to post this to you, so much duckiness in one day!!!

Also sorry for the 5 of the river incident hu in the £22 bh, vul!! and don't worry about telling me to 'go go go' im sure I deserved it!!! ; ) very much enjoyed your and flashjonny's company on that table was good fun.

Anyhow good luck to you in all your endeavours, in life and on the felt.

Regards James

P.s I see you like a good read, have you read 'slaughterhouse 5' and 'catch 22' ? the latter im sure you have due to the duckiness in the tittle lol

• edited April 2015
    No! Catch 22 is a very dry, boring read! One of the twentieth centuries so-called 'classics' that I really struggled to get through.

1984 - now there's a gem.
  • edited April 2015
    No! Catch 22 is a very dry, boring read! One of the twentieth centuries so-called 'classics' that I really struggled to get through. 1984 - now there's a gem.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Tbf its tittle may have something to do with why it sprang to mind, whilst I agree its not the best book iv ever read I think its still worth a read.

And a big fat YES to the Orwellian classic, great taste sir, although I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you Im lead to understand this quality does not extend to your wardrobe!! ; ) 
  • edited April 2015
    No! Catch 22 is a very dry, boring read! One of the twentieth centuries so-called 'classics' that I really struggled to get through. 1984 - now there's a gem.
    Posted by Slipwater
    +1 
    i can't remember if I even finished catch 22 - i had such high expectations but wow was it so slow. 
    1984 written in 1948 and still readable today - awesome

Frank Herbert's Dune is a good Sci Fi read. The film certainly didn't do it justice. 
  • edited April 2015
    Just skimmed through a copy of Hello magazine, excellent stuff, highly recommended.
  • edited April 2015
    Catch 22 is my favourite book!!!!! And I never even realised the connection! 
    Love 1984 too, I like to use it in class when I get the chance, haven't read Slaughterhouse 5 or Dune, I'll add them to the list!
    And re Proust Slip ~ don't worry Twilight is next on the agenda as I managed to bag all 4 books for £5 a few days ago! :D
    Huft, don't try to pretend you're uncultured, we all know the truth!
    :)
  • edited April 2015
    Just skimmed through a copy of Hello magazine, excellent stuff, highly recommended.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

not often you make me laugh, but you did there :))))))))
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Ducky!! just found your diary on Monday, what a great read, you have a lovely way with words, have you thought about a career in....oh wait...im sure your students are lucky to have you at the helm and you will have them sailing thru their exams in no time. So I think your duckiness, if that's not a word it should be, rubbed off a little the day I found your diary.....as I was reading it was playing the 3pm main semi sat, was playing tight as the table popping up was getting in the way of a good read!! the first hand I played was 22, I limped in utg and called a small re raise and flopped a set, luckily my opponent was holding kk and went mad on the flop so I got a full double up!! this got me in to 2nd and im sure helped me on my way to bagging a seat...next thing to happen was similar to something in one of your posts, perhaps why I noticed. before I go back to work I register for all the dtd games as late reg is over when I get back and as I had satted the main reged for the mini too, just as I was about to log out I noticed my balance was £2222 and change, like you said enough for a chocy bar!!! so the final duckiness of the day came in one of the dtd events where I won a massive pot with another flopped set of 2's, I remember thinking at the time will have to post this to you, so much duckiness in one day!!! Also sorry for the 5 of the river incident hu in the £22 bh, vul!! and don't worry about telling me to 'go go go' im sure I deserved it!!! ; ) very much enjoyed your and flashjonny's company on that table was good fun. Anyhow good luck to you in all your endeavours, in life and on the felt. Regards James P.s I see you like a good read, have you read 'slaughterhouse 5' and 'catch 22' ? the latter im sure you have due to the duckiness in the tittle lol
    Posted by LmfaoAllin

Can we be best friends please?
    :)

• edited April 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You were reading that whilst waiting for Slip to send over the latest edition of Razzle to you?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : You were reading that whilst waiting for Slip to send over the latest edition of Razzle to you?
    Posted by Jac35
    Have they even published Razzle since the seventies?
  • edited April 2015
    And to be fair to the film dune, released in 1984, it never had a chance. If you'd not read the book you weren't ever going to understand it whereas if you had read the book the film would only be a pale imitation. 

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Have they even published Razzle since the seventies?
    Posted by Slipwater
    I'm sure you were desperate to get your hands on a copy in the 70's.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : I'm sure you were desperate to get your hands on a copy in the 70's.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    best thing about the seventies - no?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : best thing about the seventies - no?
    Posted by GELDY
    I'd go with Starsky and Hutch.

Best. Theme. Ever.
  • edited April 2015
    I still jump thro car windows :)
  • edited April 2015
    I still jump thro car windows :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Haha.

It's not often you make me laugh, Sam ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Haha. It's not often you make me laugh, Sam ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

cos like, it's my life dream to please you slippy :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : cos like, it's my life dream to please you slippy :)
    Posted by samantha25
    I didn't think you were going to make that admission publicly, but okay...
  • edited April 2015
    Awww, middle-aged love!
  • edited April 2015
    Awww, middle-aged love!
    Posted by mrsduck
    HEY!

I'm foetal compared to Mrs Robinson up there!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Tbf its tittle may have something to do with why it sprang to mind, whilst I agree its not the best book iv ever read I think its still worth a read. And a big fat YES to the Orwellian classic, great taste sir, although I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you Im lead to understand this quality does not extend to your wardrobe!! ; ) 
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    After posting this left for work and whilst there pondered that although I may read about people insulting your erm sense of style, the fact of the matter is this was the first time we have conversed and unprovoked I insulted you and for this   apologies; ) 
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The term lol is over used imo....I nearly wee'd a little lolling to this
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : After posting this left for work and whilst there pondered that although I may read about people insulting your erm sense of style, the fact of the matter is this was the first time we have conversed and unprovoked I insulted you and for this apologise ; ) 
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Mate, thanks for the apology but it's absolutely not required. I took it in the spirit it was intended.

It's jealousy, right?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Mate, thanks for the apology but it's absolutely not required. I took it in the spirit it was intended. It's jealousy, right?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Good man. in regards to weather its jealousy or not will have to reserve judgement until Milton Keynes, where depending on dates, which will be confirmed tomorrow, I will be attending!!