You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights Show - with 4 x £25 FREE BETS on the Grand National AND a £33 Sky Sports BH Seat

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Star-studded line up?

We WILL have......

Comments

• edited April 2014

No, NOT an April Fool post, we have 4 x £25 Free Bets* to five away on tonight's Show.

Guests include Sean Boyce, Neil "Talk a Lot" Channing, David Ord & Michael Shinners.

Between 8pm & 10pm, we will be discussing the Grand National Meeting @ Aintree, which starts on Thursday, & culminates with the Grand National on Saturday.

To win, we want the best 4 Forum Posts, or Tweets.

To try & win one, you can

Post on this thread

Send an e-Mail (skyopen@bskyb.com)

Tweet us @skypoker, & add #skypoker

* The £25 Free Bets are with Sky Bet, are not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash, & must be on the Grand National.
  • edited April 2014

We WILL have......

• edited April 2014

And, saving the best until last, we will NOT have.....

• edited April 2014
    Odds on Geldy having a grumble in this thread in the next hour?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonights Show - with 4 x £25 FREE BETS on the Grand National:
    Posted by Jac35
    8/11
  • edited April 2014

Hold up, not done with the FREEBIES yet.

We'll also have the terrificly popular  "Last Longer" running, which was an idea of mine that Richard Orford nicked.

Enter tonight's Tuesday Turbo Open, stick your name on the Thread BEFORE 8pm (no exceptions), & the Last Longerist in tonight's Turbo Tuesday Open wins a £33 Seat ino Thursday's £12,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.  

PLEASE NOTE - The winners seat into Thursdays Sky Sports Bounty Hunter is not transferable, is only for THIS Thursday, & cannot be exchanged for cash or another Tourney.  
  • edited April 2014

What else?

Well from 7pm - 8pm, we'll review the final stages of Sunday's Mega Roller.

8pm - 10pm, we'll be looking at the Aintree Meeting which starts on Thursday, with special emphasis on the Grand National.

10pm - 11pm will be MASTER CASH, so grab a seat, & get a shout out.

11pm - Midnight
    we'll show the climax of the Turbo Tuesday Open.

Also......
  • edited April 2014

.....as a special treat, from 7pm - until Midnight, we will NOT have to put up with HIM, aka Lord Smirk.

• edited April 2014

Finally..........

We are HOPING that Neil Channing will remain as a Studio Guest AFTER the Grand National Preview ends, & give us the benefit of his poker wisdom. Can't promise, as he is very busy this week, but we will try & persuade him.

We CAN promise that Orford wont be on though. (NAP)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonights Show - with 4 x £25 FREE BETS on the Grand National:
    Posted by Jac35
    Touché Jac35

What are the odds motormouth will stay in the studio long enough to comment on the poker.

That would actually be worth waiting for.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonights Show - with 4 x £25 FREE BETS on the Grand National : Touché Jac35 What are the odds motormouth will stay in the studio long enough to comment on the poker. That would actually by worth waiting for.
    Posted by GELDY
    BOOM!

See my previous Post.

• edited April 2014
    In for the last longer please!
    Looking forward to tonights show!

• edited April 2014
    Last longer please; 2nd last week, 1 better this week would be nice
  • edited April 2014
    I am in the early stages of designing a smartphone app.
    It will be called "Texas Holdem No Limit Training at the table"

Will people be allowed to use this at the table during a live poker session?

It will mostly be for poker players in their early stages of learning the game, and will be modified from time to time with updates!

Any body from your panel have any experience of this sort of app. and any helpful comments of how I should go about it!

Maybe somebody from Dragons Den will be interested.

I am using the rough data I have collected so far and it is proving quite successful.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonights Show - with 4 x £25 FREE BETS on the Grand National AND a £33 Sky Sports BH Seat:
    .....as a special treat, from 7pm - until Midnight, we will NOT have to put up with HIM, aka Lord Smirk.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Afternoon Mr. Tramp. (Are you still packing that beard?)

Have a good show tonight. 

Rest assured I am currently in the process of organising a phone-call to the show between 7 and 8. Just to **** you off. I mean, just to provide some interesting content to the show and promote our main event.

x
  • edited April 2014
    OK i have two question. 

When looking on a horse to bet on for a race (say the grand national for example) what sort of stuff do we look at? And is it possible to see if the form is relevant to the stakes that they would be racing on that day simple enough? 
  • edited April 2014

Last longer please.
  • edited April 2014

Having been to Cheltenham this year, I love the atmosphere you get at a big festival and hope to go to Aintree next year. I haven't always been into horse racing TBH and in my younger years even thought it was a 'cruel' sport. This leads onto my question for the panel to discuss and give their opinion on...

When a horse is put down after a fall/collision, does this not question the ethics of the sport?   The National is always high lighted as a race where there is a high fatality rate. Not sure how it compares with others but it often gets a bad press.

Have a good show (I will be writing tips down!) and put me down for the Last Longer please.
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited April 2014
    yey !

Love channings horse tips.
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please....as for the free bet,best give me one of them,because I know nothing about horses so sky are guaranteed their money back!.cheers
  • edited April 2014
    And, saving the best until last, we WILL have.....
    Posted by Tikay10

FYP.

7.20pm- phonecall to the show. You're welcome, Tikay.

:-)
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Mr K & colleagues - nice to be out of hospital after shoulder operation; will  be first live show for over a week tonight. Typinh has hopefully improved a lilttle but I'm still going to be in a sling for several weeks yet.

Anyway, some random National observations:

The top 2 in the weights would both be fantaatic stories if they won (Tidal Bay & Long Run) but they both seem to be past their best to me. Tidal Bay though does seem relatively well in comparing this partcicular handicap to the official ratings

Triolo D'Alene has the stamina & the jumping ability to go well, but a lilltle concerned by how quickly thr others raced away from him late in the Gold Cup

Colbert Station or Double Seven? Which will McCoy ride? I've had a small bet on the latter as I think he's value at the moment, which will disappear if AP chooses him

Balthazar King didn't stay on the decent ground last year, no reason to suggest he will do so on worse ground this time around

Wayward Prince looks a lively outsider, but you're guessing on whether his stamina will hold out

Mr Moonshire - have the same colours ever been by two different winning horses in successive years? If not, it won't be this year either.

Teaforthree has obvious chances but the current price is too skinny. If you faancy him, leave it until early on  Saturday when most bookies will be offering some promotional early odds

Battle Group - can't fancy any horse that has failed to finish any of his last three races

Monbeg Dude has obvious claims, which will increase even further if the going is on the softer side

Big Shu - good jumper and with stamina claims, but needs to improve to place in this

Burton Port has the class if you look back far enough; but the ground will be too soft for him

The Rainbow Hunter got impeded and unseated rider last year; decent chances if he gets a clear round but that's a big if

Hawkes Point would have been an interesting contender in nationals of old, but is likely to get outpaced early on and you don't win this from a  long way back these days. May plug on for a place though

Pineau De Re has come in for some support in recent days but fall in the Becher Chase over these fences is a concern

Twirling Magnet may be worth a small investment each way if you like a speculative punt at a long price

Lost Glory never looked like he enjoyed it last year and I see no reason why things would be different this time around

One In A Milan represents Evan Williams who has an excellent record in getting horses placed in the race but has only once won a race and it would take some imagination to see him making it two here.
  • edited April 2014
    hey guys have a great show

not poker related but its funny 

well with it being aprils fools 

i got my dad this morning 

i got up extra early (4 a.m) because my dad gets up at 5 
    i got his car keys removed his car out of the garden parked it a few 
    streets down an he didnt notice it was gone till he was about to go to work (8 a.m)
    he went mad phoned the police like you do by this time i was on my way to work just got in from work now 
    and his car was in the garden so i asked him where it was and he said the police found it and it could not of been stolen because it looked fine and it was locked so i told him what i did and he chased me around the house 

never trust me he said to everyone 
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited April 2014
    This leads onto my question for the panel to discuss and give their opinion on... When a horse is put down after a fall/collision, does this not question the ethics of the sport?   The National is always high lighted as a race where there is a high fatality rate. Not sure how it compares with others but it often gets a bad press. Have a good show 
    Posted by MAXALLY

I think the National will always receive bad press about cruelty!
    but if you look at the horses that fall on Saturday, most will continue to jump fences for fun, even though they have the opportunity to leave the course after every fence.

My local cricket club has had two fatalities in recent years, Where were the protesters? Should cricket be banned? or bowlers forced to bowl underarm because it's such a dangerous sport?

My Question to the team is:-

Do the panel think the additional safety measures started last year, have made the National soft and just a longer distance handicap chase
    Or do they think it retains its appeal. If the latter, surely Chance du Roy Has to be better than the 33/1 currently on offer!

• edited April 2014

Evening all, 2 questions regarding the GRAND NATIONAL. 

Firstly for you all, what did you think of the channel 4's coverage last year of the world’s most famous horse race, for me I loved the idea of channel 4 winning the rights to show the race, they deliver week in week out great horse racing coverage. I was worried that they would show other meetings, but this was not the case, and has for me improved as a racing spectacle; the build up to the race with focus of all runners is great too. 

Secondly a question for Sean Boyce, with the inclusion of LONG RUN in this year’s race (gold cup and twice king gorge winner) and the forever alterations to the Aintree fences (for health and safety reasons) do you see owners and trainers of many staying superstar horses now trying to win this great race for the future? 

On a final note: After the tragedies of four equine fatalities at an attritional Cheltenham Festival last month, jumps racing badly needs a controversy-free National.

Have a great show guy’s.

• edited April 2014
    Evening all

Can I join the last longest please

Thankyou

Ian
  • edited April 2014

Looking forward to the show,

in for the last longer please.

• edited April 2014
    last longer please