You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Grand National Thread

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat

Getting exciting now with just a few days to go, so....

Who do you fancy?

Got anything ante-post at good odds?

Comments

• edited April 2014

Got Monbeg Dude at 34/1 the day after last years grand national let`s hope Carberry can win this like he did the Welsh National...
  • edited April 2014
    Have had these antepost!

Colbert Station 25/1
    Across The Bay 33/1
    Tofino Bay 25/1
    Alfie Sherrin 33/1
  • edited April 2014
    At least you'll get your money back on Alfie Sherrin
  • edited April 2014
    Ok , gone mad again.

Main horses

The Rainbow Hunter 33-1
    Prince De Beucherne 20-1

Have fancy for

Battle Group 50-1
    Pineau De Re 20-1
    Saint Are 80-1 NR

Done
    Hunt Ball as well for old times sake
  • edited April 2014
    Just had a bet on:

Battle Group 50/1 (New trainer on the block)
  • edited April 2014
    just to let you know, the everyday bookie, how many days in a year ?

is refunding half of all ew bets on Grand National if made between today and Saturday noon. 

• edited April 2014
    Know nowt about the gee gees but love a bet on the National..... £2 ew Battle Group gl all.
  • edited April 2014

As we all know its very hard to pick a winner let alone trying to predict top 3 so i have gone for a cheeky bet for the Grand National 

Double Seven to win

Reverse Forecast 05/04/2014 16:15 Double Seven & The Package @ Dividend

Combination Forecast 05/04/2014 16:15 Double Seven & The Package & Balthazar King @ Dividend

Living the Dream
  • edited April 2014
    tidal bay mr moon shine and big shu all each way
  • edited April 2014
    Have done Long Run @14/1 e/w with Bet365!

Have got half my stake back as a free bet!

The reason I have done this at this late stage is because of Sam Waley- Cohan's ride on Warne in the Fox Hunters chase!
  • edited April 2014
    Tried cut/pasting but wouldn't work, so can't physically show it on here, but I've just had the same email from Paddy Power I got at 5 o'clock last year. They are paying me out ew the 1st TEN in tomorrow's big race. I'll happily put bets on for regulars who trust me to put it on for them. Amazing offer tbh.

Anyways I've backed:-

The Package 20/1
    Quito De La Roque 40/1
    Battle Group 40/1
    Rose Of The Moon 50/1

They are BOG too. I know I could have got bigger elsewhere, but if any of the above finish in the top TEN, I can't lose. 

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread:
    Tried cut/pasting but wouldn't work, so can't physically show it on here, but I've just had the same email from Paddy Power I got at 5 o'clock last year. They are paying me out ew the 1st TEN in tomorrow's big race. I'll happily put bets on for regulars who trust me to put it on for them. Amazing offer tbh. Anyways I've backed:- The Package 20/1 Quito De La Roque 40/1 Battle Group 40/1 Rose Of The Moon 50/1 They are BOG too. I know I could have got bigger elsewhere, but if any of the above finish in the top TEN, I can't lose. 
    Posted by joesman1
    very good deal

did you get Boston Bob today
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : very good deal did you get Boston Bob today
    Posted by vaigret

Nah... But that's my luck atm. Left the race alone. I did back Ma Filleule having watched how well Holywell won. Which in turn gives The Package a tremendous boost. Go through its form.... UR as a 7 year old in this when had every chance. 4th in The Hennessy to Bobs Worth. Then obv' had problems. But his run behind Holywell shows he's back on song. I may be late latching on to this one, but I think it's got a major chance, and might be a proper gamble horse tomoz. Can see the scenes now, Pipe etc saying it was for 'Johno.... He'll be looking down on us raising his glass'
  • edited April 2014
    well done I told everyone on here we should have been on Ma Filleile after Holywell won. Trouble was I had already done two in race and didn't want to addmore. Bit the same with The Package, although I agree the form is very good. Also Victor Hewgo but all value gone  
  • edited April 2014
    well done I told everyone on here we should have been on Ma Filleile after Holywell won. Trouble was I had already done two in race and didn't want to addmore. Bit the same with The Package, although I agree the form is very good. Also Victor Hewgo but all value gone  
    Posted by vaigret
    Not been on here much recently. Business getting in the way..... Must get my priorities sorted lol.....
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : Not been on here much recently. Business getting in the way..... Must get my priorities sorted lol.....
    Posted by joesman1
    I know naughty boy, you were missed in the congregation.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : I know naughty boy, you were missed in the congregation.
    Posted by vaigret
    Whatever happened to your bezzie mate?? Mr Irish geezer????
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : Whatever happened to your bezzie mate?? Mr Irish geezer????
    Posted by joesman1
    I had two Irish Rover, good mate and the Bell End , who you must be talking about.

I think one got fed up with Poker on the site and BELL END (BELL POKER) got fed up with me. Thank goodness he's gone.

He thought he was me, but not with any organisational skill.

It takes a lot of work to be as prissy as me

Father V
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : I had two Irish Rover, good mate and the Bell End , who you must be talking about. I think one got fed up with Poker on the site and BELL END (BELL POKER) got fed up with me. Thank goodness he's gone. He thought he was me, but not with any organisational skill.   It takes a lot of work to be as prissy as me Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Argh that's him, forgot his name. Typo though mate... U said prissy..... I assume the r was to get by the spell check lol....
  • edited April 2014
    Tried cut/pasting but wouldn't work, so can't physically show it on here, but I've just had the same email from Paddy Power I got at 5 o'clock last year. They are paying me out ew the 1st TEN in tomorrow's big race. I'll happily put bets on for regulars who trust me to put it on for them. Amazing offer tbh. Anyways I've backed:- The Package 20/1 Quito De La Roque 40/1 Battle Group 40/1 Rose Of The Moon 50/1 They are BOG too. I know I could have got bigger elsewhere, but if any of the above finish in the top TEN, I can't lose. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Can't help myself, added two more now, making six in total...

Big Shu 20/1
    Vintage Star 50/1

And I've put all six in comb f/casts and small t/casts.
  • edited April 2014
    Does anyone know if a reverse forecast bet would count towards the £5 free bet club? Ie is it like an accumulator? Never done one before...! thanks
  • edited April 2014
    I got "Big Shu" & "Double Seven" in the family sweepstakes. Thinking of placing myself a "Sky bet" on one of these two - which would you pick? am Thinking of doing an each way bet.

Q: Is there a minimum bet you can place?
  • edited April 2014

I'm picking Alvarado as my outsider and Long Run as a favourite. Reasons:

Alvarado is lightly weighted knows how to win and likes softer ground

Long Run is ridden by an amateur who has won on the course and has the best record of any rider at Aintree over jumps

• edited April 2014
    Double seven has a good shout of the two i'd back that
  • edited April 2014

At last I get a national winner and the third as well. Makes a change

• edited April 2014
    well the 77 has set me up for money again.

i am mind feeling let down in other ways because i was thinking i could have had a 51-1 winner when i put £5 bet on across the bay who was doing very well until the loose horse mucked things up.

I'm wondering if i am allowed a refund for that horse being mucked up by a loose horse
  • edited April 2014
    At last I get a national winner and the third as well. Makes a change
    Posted by vaigret
    Wd Terry
  • edited April 2014
    well the 77 has set me up for money again. i am mind feeling let down in other ways because i was thinking i could have had a 51-1 winner when i put £5 bet on across the bay who was doing very well until the loose horse mucked things up. I'm wondering if i am allowed a refund for that horse being mucked up by a loose horse
    Posted by craigcu12
    Unless you have a very very kind bookie, NO you wont.

I didn't even get a run for my money with Battle Group and no refund, at least you got a circuit
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : Wd Terry
    Posted by joesman1
    Thnx mate
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand National Thread : Unless you have a very very kind bookie, NO you wont. I didn't even get a run for my money with Battle Group and no refund, at least you got a circuit
    Posted by vaigret
    I assumed a refund in this situation would be industry standard, if not then fair play to Sky for refunding me. 

I wonder if they'd have done the same had my stake been higher than a quid ew!