You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Policies

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014
    It's a relief to know that the final table was being investigated prior to DTM's revelations.

To my mind, though, it does emphasise the need for a more clear and prominent policy page on these matters that seemingly none of the forum regs currently have any confidence in Sky's processes. It's not only DTM that feels he gets nowhere when reporting these issues to customer care. He's certainly not the first who felt he had no alternative but to post his suspicions on the forum for all to see, in order to get some sort of response.

We all agree that such public accusations are not the right way for things to be done. Perhaps a few of these incidents could be avoided by greater clarity in Sky's policies.

I think I've probably said enough on this issue and the Skill and Go thread now and my views are clear. I'll shut up to avoid discouraging others from airing their views.
  • edited April 2014
    I do agree that a page with some clarification would be good, but it needs to be somewhere very visible not just a Ts & Cs page somewhere that 99% of players are never going to look at/know exists. This page/information may already exist, but if it does I had no idea about it.

If only as an education piece, as oppose to a deterrent, it's a big plus. Anyone who has been on the forum for a while will have seen many many posts where people just don't know the rules about these kinda things.

eg. I was all in on the bubble of a satellite/DYM and 2 other people checked it down, is this cheating?

^^^ I've seen TONS of threads like this. Most of the time it's the case that nothing was said in the chat box so it's just clever poker but a lot of recreational players won't know the ins and outs of what is and isn't cheating.

I bet many people have multiple accounts, and I bet most of them it's harmless mistake because they just didn't know any better. If nothing else, it would step people 'cheating' out of ignorance.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Policies:
    It's a relief to know that the final table was being investigated prior to DTM's revelations. To my mind, though, it does emphasise the need for a more clear and prominent policy page on these matters that seemingly none of the forum regs currently have any confidence in Sky's processes. It's not only DTM that feels he gets nowhere when reporting these issues to customer care. He's certainly not the first who felt he had no alternative but to post his suspicions on the forum for all to see, in order to get some sort of response. We all agree that such public accusations are not the right way for things to be done. Perhaps a few of these incidents could be avoided by greater clarity in Sky's policies. I think I've probably said enough on this issue and the Skill and Go thread now and my views are clear. I'll shut up to avoid discouraging others from airing their views.
    Posted by BorinLoner

If the site fails to respond/act when informed of these concerns then I would have thought that the next step would be to contact the licensing authority.