You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss.

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

I say yes.

Why?

The tournament it replaced, a £33 Bounty Hunter, was averaging a healthy 350 entrants a year ago.

The Saturday Primo is struggling and hasnt met it's guarantee since March 1st. The average field size at the moment is just under 200.

Prize-pools then-and-now are similar due to the difference in buy-ins, though the Bounty Hunter was still generating a bigger prize-pool the Primo by about 5% on average.

What is better for the site? A £55 event that attracts 200 runners, or a £33 event that attracts 350 runners? I say the later.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I think i say stick with the Saturday Primo, my bankroll only permits playing the Mini Events however. The reason being I think we have enough Bounty Hunter main events through the week with one on a Monday, Thursday and Friday. I think it's good to mix things up a little as some might not like Bounty Hunters, not many looking at field sizes above I agree. 
  • edited April 2014
    saturdays not a great day to be honest which could be why its struggling, its the best tourney on here in my opinion so id hate to see it dropped, i wouldnt mind seeing it swapping days with mondays 10k bounty hunter to be honest as i think that could help get the numbers up, id also like to see more satalites aswell because lots of people who play here wont be able to just stump up £55 to play the primo, i think sky could take a leaf out of the big site and have satelites to such events as the primo in the sit and go lobby all week.
  • edited April 2014
    Think every event would benefit from being in a bounty hunter format. (not suggesting this happens)

If the roller was a £110 buyin BH it'd get more runners, if TT was a £11 BH turbo, it'd get more, same with the primo.

It depends, if the only factor is the amount of runners (seems logical) then yes, ditch it, or keep it and make it a £55 BH, see how that goes.

Think it's about time now that some of the junk was removed from the lobby and instead of 300 MTTs an hour, have fewer, but bigger ones. 

I like the idea of a nightly 'main event' but it doesn't have to be 50x bigger than the next biggest competition.  
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss.:
    Think every event would benefit from being in a bounty hunter format. (not suggesting this happens) If the roller was a £110 buyin BH it'd get more runners, if TT was a £11 BH turbo, it'd get more, same with the primo. It depends, if the only factor is the amount of runners (seems logical) then yes, ditch it, or keep it and make it a £55 BH, see how that goes. Think it's about time now that some of the junk was removed from the lobby and instead of 300 MTTs an hour, have fewer, but bigger ones.  I like the idea of a nightly 'main event' but it doesn't have to be 50x bigger than the next biggest competition.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i love the higlighted part but please dont give them any ideas to change the primo into a bounty hunter :-)

p.s i was talking to mattbates in chatbox the other night and i asked him if hes battmates on the frog site, he says no its dohhhh hes my biggest fan, ha. are you playing in any of the series tonight?
  • edited April 2014
    Agree think it should be moved + have more satellites running
  • edited April 2014
    They sent me an email a while back saying I could change my alias (everyone will have got 1, not just me) and I'm allowed to change it every 6 months.

I'd done pretty well on there under my old name, but had been bricking everything for a few weeks. Also every1 else wud do it, so I decided to do it too.

Picked that name coz Bates is obv golden.

Haven't won a hand since, nevermind an MTT.

------------

Would love to play some of the WM series, but they all start in the evening, I get 'on it' around midday for poker sessions so am always trollied by the time stuff like this and the sky main starts, so can't take part/donate. I'd pass out/fall asleep
    well before the money, 18+ hour sessions are off limits nowardays :(

gl if u play, post up if running deep!
  • edited April 2014
    The thing is where do you draw the line?
    Yes bounty hunters are the most popular does this mean ergo all mtt's should be bounty hunters?
  • edited April 2014
    They sent me an email a while back saying I could change my alias (everyone will have got 1, not just me) and I'm allowed to change it every 6 months. I'd done pretty well on there under my old name, but had been bricking everything for a few weeks. Also every1 else wud do it, so I decided to do it too. Picked that name coz Bates is obv golden. Haven't won a hand since, nevermind an MTT. ------------ Would love to play some of the WM series, but they all start in the evening, I get 'on it' around midday for poker sessions so am always trollied by the time stuff like this and the sky main starts, so can't take part/donate. I'd pass out/fall asleep well before the money, 18+ hour sessions are off limits nowardays :( gl if u play, post up if running deep!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol lyk ur style. cheers will do.
  • edited April 2014
    I wanna play in France tonight but I can't locate my BIC/IBAN thing, whatever it is, to actually register and deposit :(
  • edited April 2014
    I wanna play in France tonight but I can't locate my BIC/IBAN thing, whatever it is, to actually register and deposit :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    are u online banking? its on there if so.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : are u online banking? its on there if so.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yeah do online banking. Searched the FAQ on Nationwide, yet still can't locate this info.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : Yeah do online banking. Searched the FAQ on Nationwide, yet still can't locate this info.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    im with natwest so will be different but i logged into my account and spoke to someone on live chat and they talked me threw everything cos i couldnt find it either.
  • edited April 2014
    Should be able to find and sort it easily in time for tonight.

You don't have to wait for your docs to be approved b4 u can play on there. Just before you withdraw.

Just ring em, and put "new player, urgent" in your email to WM. They'll reply within the hour
  • edited April 2014
    saturdays not a great day to be honest which could be why its struggling, its the best tourney on here in my opinion so id hate to see it dropped, i wouldnt mind seeing it swapping days with mondays 10k bounty hunter to be honest as i think that could help get the numbers up, id also like to see more satalites aswell because lots of people who play here wont be able to just stump up £55 to play the primo, i think sky could take a leaf out of the big site and have satelites to such events as the primo in the sit and go lobby all week.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    +1 to everything here
  • edited April 2014
    Should be able to find and sort it easily in time for tonight. You don't have to wait for your docs to be approved b4 u can play on there. Just before you withdraw. Just ring em, and put "new player, urgent" in your email to WM. They'll reply within the hour
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Doh, have fired them off an email, see what they can do. Quite like the look of that 200k 2 dayer!

Apologies Gary for mild hijack! My thoughts? Can understand if they reinstated the BH, as it boosts the numbers. Personally, would prefer them to leave it as it is, as 3 mains of the week are already BH's.

What about Sky being brave one week and putting the Primo buy in down to £33.....
  • edited April 2014
    They sent me an email a while back saying I could change my alias (everyone will have got 1, not just me) and I'm allowed to change it every 6 months. I'd done pretty well on there under my old name, but had been bricking everything for a few weeks. Also every1 else wud do it, so I decided to do it too. Picked that name coz Bates is obv golden. Haven't won a hand since, nevermind an MTT. ------------ Would love to play some of the WM series, but they all start in the evening, I get 'on it' around midday for poker sessions so am always trollied by the time stuff like this and the sky main starts, so can't take part/donate. I'd pass out/fall asleep well before the money, 18+ hour sessions are off limits nowardays :( gl if u play, post up if running deep!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This has to be a wind up right? And please don't slate me if I'm stating the bleedin obvious here.

And please don't change the Primo. Were not all BH fans on here.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : This has to be a wind up right? And please don't slate me if I'm stating the bleedin obvious here. And please don't change the Primo. Were not all BH fans on here.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

That was on another site, Daggy, not Sky Poker.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : This has to be a wind up right? And please don't slate me if I'm stating the bleedin obvious here. And please don't change the Primo. Were not all BH fans on here.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    No Dagg. absolutely true.

I signed up to unibet recently (haven't deposited or played a hand yet)

They allow you to have 5 different alias's. You can chose which 1 you use each time you log in.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : No Dagg. absolutely true. I signed up to unibet recently (haven't deposited or played a hand yet) They allow you to have 5 different alias's. You can chose which 1 you use each time you log in.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hhyftrftdr
    hyyftrftdr
    hhyfrtftdr
    hhyftrtfdr
    hhyftrftrd

Sweet.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : No Dagg. absolutely true. I signed up to unibet recently (haven't deposited or played a hand yet) They allow you to have 5 different alias's. You can chose which 1 you use each time you log in.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I signed up there too recently,it is a bit gimmicky but ok, but back to the alias point. yes you can have up to 5 different ones and I believe its possible to play 5 different tables using each one simultaneously. you are free to change whenever you like from the m ain lobby, I know I have had a few tables running using different names. as I said its gimmicky but its to appeal to recs, wont go into too much ellse as it may seem like im promoting it buut that's just the tip of the iceberg that I think a lot of players would frown at.

sorry to derail
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : That was on another site, Daggy, not Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I did realise that Tikay.  Only cos I never got an Email.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. : I signed up there too recently,it is a bit gimmicky but ok, but back to the alias point. yes you can have up to 5 different ones and I believe its possible to play 5 different tables using each one simultaneously. you are free to change whenever you like from the m ain lobby, I know I have had a few tables running using different names. as I said its gimmicky but its to appeal to recs, wont go into too much ellse as it may seem like im promoting it buut that's just the tip of the iceberg that I think a lot of players would frown at. sorry to derail
    Posted by TINTIN
     I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life. Surely this would open the door to all kinds of fraud?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Should the Saturday evening Primo be dropped? Discuss. :   I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life. Surely this would open the door to all kinds of fraud?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    its only 1 account so you cant be on 2 seats at 1 table, not too sure where the fraud bit comes in at this time. thisa feature is stated in the sign up so people are aware of it, its even one of their "challenges" to create another alias. I guess its just a step between the current norm and the anonymous tables people have been suggesting for various sites. it also auto seats you at tables so you cant select table/seat you want. it has basically trying to remove bumhunting 

as I said before it is very gimmick heavy, ive only played a few days there so im not 100% behind their ideas, it seems a radical change but im willing to give it a shot and see what comes from it, live and learn so to speak
  • edited May 2014
    Bump.

Oh dear, only 139 entrants in the Primo tonight. Is this down to the football and the sunny weather?

On FA Cup final day last year the main event was an £8K gtd @ £33 Bounty Hunter, it attracted 303 runners.
  • edited May 2014
    I think there are alot of great points on here. I for one don't want to see ANOTHER bounty hunter, as before long, Sky will end up becoming purely bounty hunter tournament's for it's main events...and that's never good because those of us who want normal freeze-outs etc for our main events will end up moving elsewhere.

I think the big problem here IS the buy-in price! 

I today's market, and for some people £55 is ALOT of money..and it's not even as if It's one of the big tournament's because it doesn't even have a live broadcast associated with it, unlike Sky's other premier events.

So as the primo has dropped somewhat in "Status" I'd say what about dropping it to like £22-Buy in? There isn't a leading MTT on sky for that price, and combined with it being Saturday night this more affordable price, I feel will attract a lot more players as it will come within the scope/budget of mid-range players.

I'd also like to perhaps one night of the week see a "mini's Mini" which could be for something like £2.20 buy-in (and make it like a £1000 GTD) which would then become the premier event for Small/Micro stakes players who perhaps are unable to comfortably afford some of the £5.50 Minis?
  • edited May 2014
    Bump. Oh dear, only 139 entrants in the Primo tonight. Is this down to the football and the sunny weather? On FA Cup final day last year the main event was an £8K gtd @ £33 Bounty Hunter, it attracted 303 runners.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Therein lies the problem - Like I said above, I think the Buy-In price is just too expensive...FWIR, isn't the primo tonight a £55 Buy in?

• edited May 2014
    The Primo is the ONLY £50 decent structured FO of the whole week. Leave it as it is.
    As an aside GaryyQQQ, i have sharkscoped the games you play and no disrespect intended but would this changing from a £50FO to a £33 BH really effect you? What about changing every game under £5 to Russian Roulette? any ideas?
  • edited May 2014
    It's just the problem of it being on a Saturday i think. 
  • edited May 2014
    its dying on its a** at the moment, hopefull pick back up soon. its the clientel sky attract, if sky had better software, more tournaments that arnt ur usually guff bounty hunters then they might attract ur average mtt grinder adding sky games to there nightly schedule, instead the bulk of players are beginners or fish who lose money all the time so they wanna play a bounty hunter format so they can get some stake back.
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You mean like....
    Dohhhhhhh
    Dohhhhhh
    Dohhhhh
    Dohhhh
    Dohhh

I mean when Ya wasted it's gotta be summit easy to remember??

#justsaying!  ;-)