You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Seems A dull question, but is this ALWAYS a snap call?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014
    TommyD Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £48.50
    shomrat Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £14.50
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

mrsduck Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £68.47
    Die_hard Fold        
    nmipeis Call   £1.50 £3.75 £58.87
    TommyD Raise   £6.75 £10.50 £41.75
    shomrat Fold        
    mrsduck All-in   £68.47 £78.97 £0.00
    nmipeis Fold        
    TommyD All-in   £41.75 £120.72 £0.00
    mrsduck Unmatched bet   £21.22 £99.50 £21.22
    TommyD Show
    • A
    • Q

mrsduck Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• J

Turn

• Q

River

• J

mrsduck Win Flush to the King £97.70   £118.92
  • edited April 2014
    I call here pre and be reasonably happy, I think there is too many spewy players on this site to fold kings here readless.

Duck I think your suggested 4 bet sizing in your hand of £24 is just way too big. After the standard 3 bet sizing of 9x I'd usually look to 4 bet to about 23-24x (or bigger if player is a complete station fish). Here he 3 bets 13.5 x from the small blind which looks reasonable as btn flatted and he's OOP. Imo a 4 bet by you to about £13.50-£14 is going to be a lot better vs an unknown in the long run.
  • edited April 2014
    Yeah Duck, as per above, it's no wonder you think 4betting to £24 would scare him off and make him think you're super strong/never folding, but that's cos it's way too big a 4bet size. Imo, given the action, I'd be 4betting to maybe £13.

As for the OP, I'm sighing a little and calling. I'm definitely not folding but don't be shocked to see AA from time to time imo (definitely don't think we can rule out AA as some are saying).
  • edited April 2014
    I was thinking that raising from £6.75 to around £24 would be good because it kinda mirrors his raise from £1.50 to £6.75 ie 4x bigger, or is that a daft thing to do? I'm not the bestest cash player around btw!! But that's how my brain was working here..! :) advice very welcome thanks!
  • edited April 2014
    Normally I think he'd 3bet to say £4.50 - £5, he's only gone bigger because there's been a call after the open. In turn we should go a bit bigger but not crazy.

As a general rule 100xBB deep in cash our sizes should be in the region of...

Open - 3xBB  (£1.50)
    3bet  - 9-10xBB  (£4.50 - £5.00)
    4bet  - 22xBB      (£11)

If we want to be able to 4bet light/4bet as a bluff sometimes, then 4betting to £24 just makes our bluffs WAY too expensive.
  • edited April 2014
    readless I think you gotta call

but in this spot and i`ve played this opponent before a few times they always seemed to have the nuts and when having nutty hands they always bet huge so I think in this spot vs that player you prob made the right fold imo but over the long run I would not be making a habit of folding kk pre vs others.