You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

collusion

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion:
    In Response to Re: collusion : When two players, with nothing said, check it down to eliminate a player on the bubble of a satellite, they are working together i.e they are colluding, by any English definition of the word. But they are not cheating.
    Posted by BigBluster
    If nothing is said, they are not colluding. There must be an explicit agreement between the two parties to work together for it to be collusion. 

Standard definition -  "secret agreement for a fraudulent purpose" - there was no secret agreement. They both simply used sound poker theory. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : If nothing is said, they are not colluding. There must be an explicit agreement between the two parties to work together for it to be collusion.  Standard definition -   " secret agreement for a fraudulent purpose" - there was no secret agreement. They both simply used sound poker theory. 
    Posted by HiJoker
    well put sir
  • edited April 2014
    I have to agree with Bigbluster on this one.

Definition of collusion:

Secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy in order to deceive others.

Deceit:
    Craftiness is a 'Synonym' of deceit.

Craftiness:
    Cunning

Cunning:
    1. crafty and shrewd, esp in deception; sly   ⇒ cunning as a fox
    2. made with or showing skill or cleverness; ingenious

Gives a slightly different perspective into how it can be classed as 'not cheating' whereby two people check it down to the river without communicating is a course of 'cleverness' if it has the ability to knock another opponent out or means they do not risk losing chips whilst there are 1 or more very short stacks.

• edited April 2014
    The fact that 2 or more players are "Likely" do it, does not give rise to collusion.......

Collusion only becomes so if 2 or more players have agreement between them to do so prior to the event happening.

If there is no prior agreement to do so then then it is only "Likely" to happen.

Likely
    adj - anticipated, apt, disposed, expected, in a fair way, inclined, liable, on the cards, possible, probable, prone, tending, to be expected.

I have often "checked" in these spots hoping that another player will be poker savvy enough and is "Likely" to do the same, but on occasions this does not happen because no agreement was ever in place, but it was "likely" that it would.
  • edited April 2014
    I'll give you an example of I why I would of checked in those games like the supposed colluders did: I've made a mistake in another game I have running, I've got myself really short, but a hand has come up where I can come right back but it requires concentration. So I'm only returning to the other game to quickly check a hand I should almost certainly win, and then return to the one I'm concentrating on.
  • edited April 2014
    I'll give you an example of I why I would of checked in those games like the supposed colluders did: I've made a mistake in another game I have running, I've got myself really short, but a hand has come up where I can come right back but it requires concentration. So I'm only returning to the other game to quickly check a hand I should almost certainly win, and then return to the one I'm concentrating on.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Yup, those of us who multi-table have all done that.

Yet another reason to confirm that we just don't know why they played as they did, but what is certain is that on the evidence presented, that was not adequate evidence of collusion, not even close. 
  • edited April 2014

Just witnessed a most blatant unashamed level of colluding in a DYM and will report to CC. First was drawn attention to them when guy just called showdown despite having the nuts - thought just a miss click or mistake after one too many beers or multi-tabling, however some absolute (not even trying to be subtle about it) blatant chip dumps i.e. folding when first to act several times when they were only in a pot together and the other guy had become short stacked made me realise what was going on, also not really an indication but they were from the same location to. I’m in no doubt – maybes they don’t realise it’s a breach of the rules? I mentioned noticing what was going on in the chat but got no response.

To finish with a positive and to put into some perspective … this is the first time I’ve knowingly witnessed this happening in the 1,312 games I’ve played + I still cashed as one of them ended up losing; colluding and still loses :); crime doesn’t pay!

How about when the timer counts down before the start of a game displaying a notice advising a warning around collusion and fair play?

• edited April 2014
    Can seriously not believe how much debate has come from this - makes quite laughable reading.

I am sure that there is a minute amount of attempted cheating going on.  But as stated a fair few times - Customer Care are armed with all the information and will be able to look into any matter. CC will have access to all the hands played and could bring up betting patterns and tables where they play with the same person.  One huge advantage to not being able to change display name over and over.

Think this one should be put to bed and the CC team will resolve as always! You may never know the outcome - but they will act responsibly

Good luck in the future - 99% of people are good - don't let the suspected 1% get you down - just avoid games if see them in
  • edited April 2014
    Just witnessed a most blatant unashamed level of colluding in a DYM and will report to CC. First was drawn attention to them when guy just called showdown despite having the nuts - thought just a miss click or mistake after one too many beers or multi-tabling, however some absolute (not even trying to be subtle about it) blatant chip dumps i.e. folding when first to act several times when they were only in a pot together and the other guy had become short stacked made me realise what was going on, also not really an indication but they were from the same location to. I’m in no doubt – maybes they don’t realise it’s a breach of the rules? I mentioned noticing what was going on in the chat but got no response.   To finish with a positive and to put into some perspective … this is the first time I’ve knowingly witnessed this happening in the 1,312 games I’ve played + I still cashed as one of them ended up losing; colluding and still loses :) ; crime doesn’t pay!   How about when the timer counts down before the start of a game displaying a notice advising a warning around collusion and fair play?
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Time to contribute to this thread.
    How do you do those things?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : Time to contribute to this thread. How do you do those things?
    Posted by Jac35

What things? Please elaborate :)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : What things? Please elaborate.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    The bits I highlighted in red
    Maxally won't tell me
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : The bits I highlighted in red ☺ Maxally won't tell me
    Posted by Jac35
    Poor text emoticon type things :):(;) ;-)...... this is getting to zero level contribution now though  :D
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : The bits I highlighted in red ☺ Maxally won't tell me
    Posted by Jac35
    Maxally can't smile.  He's a Stoke fan
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : Maxally can't smile.  He's a Stoke fan
    Posted by cenachav
    But he can hold his head in his 6 digit hands.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: collusion : Maxally can't smile.  He's a Stoke fan
    Posted by cenachav
    hes got a bigger smile than you m8 ;) even tho you scored 6 today his smile is much broader,thats what being a stoke fan does to you, at this present time anyway.keep smiling max :)