You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Serious Lag when multi tabling

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
When multi tabling I have to completely close sky & reboot it around 10 times a night as the lag gets so bad I can't play my hands and every hand is gettin folded. 

Anyone else getting the same? And is there anything that can be done to fix it. I am losing seats at tables because of this and its very frustrating. Has been happening around 3 weeks now.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    How many tables? 6/8 has been fine for me.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling:
    How many tables? 6/8 has been fine for me.
    Posted by Matt237
    10+
  • edited April 2014
    It's been terrible for me.  I get the boot 10 times a day and then it's a sprint to try and get back in time to keep seats.  I know it's not a life or death matter but would be nice to know whats happening.  Are sky even aware of the problems?  Do you want screen shots?
  • edited April 2014
    Exactly the same for me mate
  • edited April 2014

Has been pretty much lagging every day on cash for past 2 weeks very annoying having to keep re booting tables on a regular basis hopefully sky poker sort it out sooner rather than later.
  • edited April 2014
    There could be what appears to be a memory leak on the Sky Poker Download Client (v1.129), which if true will cause you problems the longer you run it in your session.

I fired it up at 07:00 this morning as an experiment, and launched 7 active tables and left them running minimized (I didn't join the tables).
    At that point skypoker.exe was using about 430,000K of memory.
    At 08:00 the memory usage by skypoker.exe was at 820,000K, still with those same 7 tables running minimized.

I will keep them running to see how the memory usage goes and report back.

• edited April 2014
    09:20 I'm seeing 1,160,000K ... so going up & up & up ... and still not using any of the 7 tables, just have them minimized.
  • edited April 2014
    I have been experiencing lag issues for the past month now using the downloaded client.  I never used to have any problems, but like I said, in the past 4 weeks it's ridiculous and it happens even if I only have one table loaded.

What I have been experiencing is 'game freeze' so for instance I can have one table that will freeze up whilst the other table I am playing on is perfectly fine, and then the frozen table will suddenly come to life again on my action but with the timer almost running out (sometimes it does run out).

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, adobe air has been updated to the latest, along with flash etc.

There is obviously something that sky have changed to the software that is causing this to happen.  It cannot be anything at my end that is causing this as that simply would not make any sense for 1 table to freeze whilst another plays fine.  I wonder if it has something to do with the ports that Sky Client uses and they have recently changed this, perhaps there could be some kind of blockage with the data being sent from Sky?

From what you guys have said above, there is clearly a memory leak with the software, which sky should look to fix asap.  They should also be able to replicate this in house just by simply doing what Noseybonk has done.

Update:  Thought I would add my comp specs: Dual Core 3Ghz, 8Gb Ram, 1TB Hard Drive.

Clearly my system is perfectly fine for running 1 or 2 tables on sky poker (infact should run 10 tables easy)  Also memory leak will not be the cause of my problem as I get this issue as soon as I open the Sky client and open 1 table and start playing.  It also happens if I am just watching 1 table and not playing.
  • edited April 2014
    The other night my Internet connection failed just after midnight and I was still in one tournament, which was the only table I was playing. I couldn't get the Internet up and running again so after a couple of reboots of the router I turned my phone into a hotspot so I could play over 3G.

After about 5 minutes playing my 3G Watchdog App told me I was up to 75% usage of my monthly allowance, didn't think much of it, but then about 15 minutes later it told me I had used 100%!! I have 500MB allowance a month, so in the space of 20 minutes just one table had used about 150MB.

I last used 3G a couple of years ago and it used next to no data through the whole night. Definately seems to be an issue with the download client as shouldn't use that much data for just a single table.

I didn't have anything else running on the laptop, but I am no PC expert so could of been something else going on in the background although seems unlikely.
  • edited April 2014
    09:20 I'm seeing 1,160,000K ... so going up & up & up ... and still not using any of the 7 tables, just have them minimized.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Time of death - 10:10. Skypoker.exe used up all available physical memory and the program terminated.

• edited April 2014
    I had similar problems months ago with the download, eventually removing it and then trying to reload it. Only problem was that I couldn't reload it due to various errors. After a few attempts I gave up and play through the browser now, which appears much more stable. Interesting to see the other posts and that I'm not the only one to suffer. Maybe try playing through the browser and see if the same problems occur?
  • edited April 2014
    My old faithful desktop broke a couple of weeks ago (bound to happen its 7 year old now). So been on my laptop with a second monitor plugged in. Was amazed how much memory sky took up but equally amazed how little cpu. So I upgraded memory from 4gb to 8gm and it runs fine now.

Silver lining is, it will be a much better experience for 1 tabling recreational players if people cant mass multitable. Must be an annoying experience watching people taking 20 seconds every hand to do basic pre flop decisions.
  • edited April 2014
    My old faithful desktop broke a couple of weeks ago (bound to happen its 7 year old now). So been on my laptop with a second monitor plugged in. Was amazed how much memory sky took up but equally amazed how little cpu. So I upgraded memory from 4gb to 8gm and it runs fine now. Silver lining is, it will be a much better experience for 1 tabling recreational players if people cant mass multitable. Must be an annoying experience watching people taking 20 seconds every hand to do basic pre flop decisions.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Yeah, CPU utilization is very low on mine too. 20 tables it wouldn't even notice ... except ... with that memory being scoffed up as I documented above it will eventually crash, and possibly give some of the 'lag' issues as it nears that point. I only had about 1.5Gb free when I ran that test today (I was running other tasks that took up the rest of my 6Gb total) and skypoker.exe took 3 hours to kill itself.

• edited April 2014

Didn't know what CPU was so i checked b4 opening tables it was 26% after opening just 2 tables it has shot upto between 84% & 100% how do i get percentage down, as lagging and freezing every hand.

As soon as i closed the tables was back down to 18% - 26%
  • edited April 2014
         Didn't know what CPU was so i checked b4 opening tables it was 26% after opening just 2 tables it has shot upto between 84% & 100% how do i get percentage down, as lagging and freezing every hand.    As soon as i closed the tables was back down to 18% - 26%
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Is 26% about the average baseline usage before you launch Sky Poker Client? Have a look in task manager | processes and click the CPU heading to alternate the sort-order by ascending/descending CPU usage. See what process is keeping it busy.
    You won't have much hope of doing anything once you're in that 84-100% zone! Could be hardware limitation.. but could equally be something in the setup. Windows is good like that....

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling : Time of death - 10:10. Skypoker.exe used up all available physical memory and the program terminated.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi Nosey.
    Is this something we can fix ourselves or is it a problem that SKY should be able to do something about?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling : Hi Nosey. Is this something we can fix ourselves or is it a problem that SKY should be able to do something about?
    Posted by jonjo75
    Nothing you can do about the memory leak, that's soley down to Sky to fix their software so it performs better.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling : Hi Nosey. Is this something we can fix ourselves or is it a problem that SKY should be able to do something about?
    Posted by jonjo75
    Hi. No, a memory leak would have to be fixed by the developer. You do come across these problems from time to time. I use the Google Analytics website and part of that had a leak which would eventually crash whichever browser you use. They've fixed it now.

*edit DoubleAAA beat me to it!

• edited April 2014
    yep  my  CPU usage  hits the roof  once i start playing.
  • edited April 2014

Hi chaps,

I suffer from memory leak even without turning my computer on, I thought it was part of the ageing process.

Clearly, I understand none of the thread, I'm not techie-minded, though I think I readily grasped Nosey Bonk's helpful stuff.

Anyway, as per usual-schmusual in these matters, I'll send the thread upstairs, tout de suite.
  • edited April 2014
    Hi chaps, I suffer from memory leak even without turning my computer on, I thought it was part of the ageing process. Clearly, I understand none of the thread, I'm not techie-minded, though I think I readily grasped Nosey Bonk's helpful stuff. Anyway, as per usual-schmusual in these matters, I'll send the thread upstairs, tout de suite .
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Tikay.  If you could also highlight my problem which I have given in detail within this thread it would be much appreciated as because of this problem it has limited my playing this past month as it's no fun constantly having your table freeze-up on you, sending me on tilt! :)
  • edited April 2014

No prob AAA, & I'm genuinely sorry you & others seem to have a problem at the mo.

I'll not "highlight" your problem as such, the most effective way I can deal with these threads is to send them upstairs, to the right people, & when I do that, I can 100% guarantee they'll read them properly. I know a man who knows a man & all that. It's remarkably effective.  
  • edited April 2014
    No prob AAA, & I'm genuinely sorry you & others seem to have a problem at the mo. I'll not "highlight" your problem as such, the most effective way I can deal with these threads is to send them upstairs, to the right people, & when I do that, I can 100% guarantee they'll read them properly. I know a man who knows a man & all that. It's remarkably effective.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you, very much appreciated.
  • edited April 2014
    the software needs sorting  i only been on here a few days and get these problems dont get this on other sites 
  • edited April 2014
    Am at my wits end, i got 1 table open and my CPU usage is between 85, 100%  fans working like mad  etc, table lagging.  PLEASE PLEASE SKY  tell  us what the problem is .
  • edited April 2014
    Am at my wits end, i got 1 table open and my CPU usage is between 85, 100%  fans working like mad  etc, table lagging.  PLEASE PLEASE SKY  tell  us what the problem is .
    Posted by REDARROW61
    (Please see my reply to DTWBANDIT earlier) Is it skypoker.exe causing that much CPU usage?

• edited April 2014
    Posted by REDARROW61

Have you tried playing in-browswer instead?

• edited April 2014
    Just to add my input:

Open Sky poker through Firefox (nothing else running).

Click on "Community" to view forum - CPU @ approx 5%

Click on a lobby Tournaments or Sit n Go - CPU @ approx 30%

Open 1 table to observe - CPU approx 50%

Open 2 tables to observe - CPU approx 75%

So does that mean i could save some CPU by closing lobby when playing?
  • edited April 2014
    Just to add my input: Open Sky poker through Firefox (nothing else running). Click on "Community" to view forum - CPU @ approx 5% Click on a lobby Tournaments or Sit n Go - CPU @ approx 30% Open 1 table to observe - CPU approx 50% Open 2 tables to observe - CPU approx 75% So does that mean i could save some CPU by closing lobby when playing?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Vespa, that's an odd one. I struggle to get my CPU util anywhere near that high with the browser version (via Firefox which is my preferred choice). I'm not sure how many tables I'd need to open to obtain such a high stat as 30% util (I'm running an Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4Mhz). I'll experiment......

• edited April 2014
    I don't play cash, but I do have a problem when playing MTT's in that if I check the lobby and then close it down during play, any tables active just reboot. Takes maybe half a minute to get them back up and running properly, no biggie but means I have to check the lobby at strategic times.

Could be my laptop of course!