You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Serious Lag when multi tabling

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014

Seems if i play just 1 table at a time not as much lagging tried it tonight CPU Usage was between 30% & 40%, also tried another site just in case it was me lappy but managed to open 3 tables with no problems so i'm at a loss as to why i can't run 3 tables on here.Which means i won't be able to play my beloved Forum DTD as you need to be able to run 3 tables at same time which unfortunately is impossible for me at this time as the CPU Usage shoots upto 84% - 100%.
  • edited April 2014
    Was experiencing the same problems and started a thread a few weeks back. Was told its still possible to revert back to the old tables. Its not ideal but better than the software completly crashing 2 or 3 times a session. 

• edited April 2014
    Yeah I play browser version and old tables and rarely get a problem with lag.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling:
    In Response to Re: Serious Lag when multi tabling : Hi Vespa, that's an odd one. I struggle to get my CPU util anywhere near that high with the browser version (via Firefox which is my preferred choice). I'm not sure how many tables I'd need to open to obtain such a high stat as 30% util (I'm running an Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4Mhz). I'll experiment......
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    That cpu still benchmarks in the top 100 even being a few years old.
    Most will be playing with drastically inferior cpu's & probably less ram to boot.
    Considering this new software has been developed with people playing on phones & tablets just about any laptop/desktop should not struggle if done properly.
  • edited April 2014
    @Sky

I have recorded a 00:20sec video which shows the problem I am having.  I have zipped the file but its ~110mb so just wondering how I can get it to your tech guys? 

I also closed the client and tried to play in teh browser but it was constantly freezing there.
  • edited April 2014
    Came here to say the exact same thing. Even when starting a session it can freeze while playing just 2 or 3 tables.

Also the SnG's aren't loading in time so I'm sat out for the first 4 or 5 hands before the window pops up. In hypers this is obviously a big deal.
  • edited April 2014
    Tikay does know a man who knows a man,

This thread has been noted and passed on to our technical team for them to have a look at. 

DTM- Screenshots will be very welcome
    DoubleAAA - I will get in touch with you, the video will be very useful

Whilst we are looking into this please remember that if you do find you have less issues with the old tables you can still use them. This is done through Help & Support (above the chat box) then scrolling down to Problems With The New Tables.

I will continue to monitor this thread whilst working with the tech guys so any more screenshots or information that you have will be very useful.

Sam