You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Community Giveaway - Free Microstakes Cash Coaching --- 1st Coaching Vid Uploaded

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
A very generous way of dipping your toe in the coaching market.

Am I right to assume this applies to those that solely play NL4, or are you considering those that add in any and all micro stakes tables?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hi everybody, 

I'm not sure how many people will be interested in this but I've decided to try to give something back to the community by offering some free coaching sessions for micro stakes (4NL - 10NL) cash.

The format of the coaching will be for 3 people to each send me 8 of their hand histories from 4NL - 10NL in advance. I will take notes in my own time and then go through each of the HHs with the player one-to-one over a Skype call, answering any questions, discussing any leaks and going through some general strategy which will take about 1hour. There will be a total of 3 x 1hr sessions (1 per person) and I will record them and upload them to Youtube then post links here so hopefully it will benefit more than just the 3 people involved.

So I'm looking for 3 people who play 4NL - 10NL, are looking to improve their game and are happy to go through some hands over Skype which will then be uploaded to Youtube, and can provide 8 HHs with a few situations they find tricky.

The only fair way to do this is to offer it to the first 3 people that post on here so I'm posting this here first to make everyone aware and give everyone a chance to see it, then I will post again on this thread in the next day or two to say it is now open for people to apply.

***It's not open to apply yet***

• edited April 2014
    Great idea, Paul - I'm sure there will be many players interested in taking you up on this. Good luck with it.
  • edited April 2014
    Cheers guys. I'll edit the OP actually Shakin, I would class anything from 4nl-10NL as microstakes and so any of them is fine. In fact it might even be a good idea to get a mixture of the different stakes because things are a little different (just generally less crazy loose people at 10NL).
  • edited April 2014
    Cool cheers... will have to keep an eye on the thread then!
  • edited April 2014
    Definately interested Paul. Really think this is a great gesture. Well done. 
  • edited April 2014
    Does this include heads up cash?

Great idea btw
  • edited April 2014

Hi Paul

love the ideal of learning to play cash better.

I regularly play cash and lose.

be really interested when you open up for applications

yours

Darryn
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Giveaway - Free Microstakes Cash Coaching:
    Does this include heads up cash? Great idea btw
    Posted by wardy123
    Best to just keep it to 6max because...

1) I'm doing the coaching and I don't feel confident enough at HU cash to coach it

2) In HU cash, so much is dependent on reads, history, dynamics etc and so it's really hard to come in cold and tell someone they shouldn't get it in pre with X hand or whatever, cos I have no idea what's been going on in the past with the opponent
  • edited April 2014
    How will this work in terms of getting together a person's hand histories? I once tried to lookup a hand-ID from another player so I could view it properly and the system couldn't find it..
  • edited April 2014
    Yeah you won't be able to send just the Hand IDs to me, the only people that can view a hand from the ID are the players who were dealt into the hand (or Sky).

The 3 people can either C+P the hands into a PM (I've done this before and they do appear the same as in a thread), maybe C+P into a word document (they may have to add in letters for the suits) and send that to me. Maybe just post up the 8 hands in 1 thread in like the BBV section of the forum and get a Sky Mod to close it so no1 can comment on it.

Plenty of options.
  • edited April 2014
    Fantastic gesture Lambert very interested in this.
  • edited April 2014
    I'm not a cash game player, so I have no interest in the offer - but this thread is a wonderful idea Paul, kudos to you for giving back to the community :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Have you got your 3 players yet?

I'll do it if not.
  • edited April 2014
    Sorry, head's been all over the place recently and haven't been posting on the forum at all.

Suppose now is as good a time as any to open it up for applications.

Please read this first though before posting...

1) You need to have 8 HHs from microstakes cash at the ready
    2) You gotta be happy talking over mics on Skype about the hands and be happy with that being uploaded to Youtube

First 3 that post here are in.

Once we got 3 people, I'll post up here about how we can proceeed.
  • edited April 2014

As per earlier post, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and be considered for this.

As long as my ugly mug doesn't have to be visible during any youtube-ness I'm more than happy for my voice/flawed thinking through hands to be picked apart in public (see recent stream of poker clinic posts!)

Anything that can help get the daftest of mistakes out of my game, the better!

• edited April 2014
    Cool, we have our first taker. Remember  everyone else you'll have to post again since I opened it to say u want in.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Giveaway - Free Microstakes Cash Coaching:
    Sorry, head's been all over the place recently and haven't been posting on the forum at all. Suppose now is as good a time as any to open it up for applications. Please read this first though before posting... 1) You need to have 8 HHs from microstakes cash at the ready 2) You gotta be happy talking over mics on Skype about the hands and be happy with that being uploaded to Youtube First 3 that post here are in. Once we got 3 people, I'll post up here about how we can proceeed.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul

as previously commented love to improve my cash play with your help if possible? one question though is what do you mean by 8 HHs? I haven't played a lot of cash recently because I keep losing and haven't got a lot of hand history. do you mean 8 hands or 8 hours????

thanks

Darryn
  • edited April 2014
    Ok, im in. Just need to know when you would need the 8 hands? And the Skype chats (I need to get skype!).
  • edited April 2014
    Ok cool it looks like we've got 3 then.

Darryn I just mean 8 hands. If you aint played cash for a while then just play a few hours over the next few days. First tip for free ;) .... whenever you get to showdown and win (so your opponent mucks their hand) you should ALWAYS go to the hand history at the table and see what he called with. So when you're getting these few hours in, everytime you play a pot and just think 'god I had no idea what to do there preflop/on the flop/turn/river' or whatever, go into the hand history and copy and paste the hand ID number into a notepad document. I'm sure it won't take long for you to come across 8 hands that had you puzzled. It's fine to do it all at 4NL if you're concerned about losing money.

Craig, ok cool Skype is obv free and takes a matter of minutes to download/setup.

============================================================================

All 3 of you, when you get a chance (preferably in less than 2 weeks) create ONE thread EACH in the BBV section and post up the 8 hands you've chosen that you found tricky. I'll keep an eye on the section and ask Tommy to close the thread for me so no-one posts. Name it 'Cash Coaching - Alias' or something self explanatory

Obviously once you've got them up there, then we'll be able to discuss a time to do the Skype call.
  • edited April 2014

Hi Paul

got some hand history and definitely need help!!!

just lost £22.00 on 2 x  5p/10p tables in 25 minutes

yours

Darryn
  • edited April 2014
    3 guinea pigs confirmed as ....

1) ShakinAces
    2) Darryn1973
    3) CraigSG1
  • edited April 2014
    Ok that's cool Darryn (well .... losing 2 BIs isn't cool lol), just note down the hand numbers in a notepad document or something. In a few days you might have 10-15 wierd hands. Then you can just have a look through them and pick the 8 hands you think are the 'best' to look into.
  • edited April 2014
    Ok, cool. Thanks a lot. I will note down hands over next few days and then let u know when I have set up post. FYI, im away for a week in two weeks time so hope thats not a problem.

Thanks again.
  • edited April 2014

Thanks Paul

one of my weakness I know of is not using my time clock. instantly calling instead of thinking of the opponent hand range.

I will play more cash and start a post later tonight

yours

Darryn

• edited May 2014
    Hey guys, don't forget to get them BBV threads up with the HHs.... we can't proceed until I get them :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Giveaway - Free Microstakes Cash Coaching --- 3 Candidates Confirmed:
    Hey guys, don't forget to get them BBV threads up with the HHs.... we can't proceed until I get them :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'm on it! Got about five hands so far, should get them all over w/e and then I'll post up a thread. 
  • edited May 2014

Hi Paul

Hands Posted in BBV as requested.

did a selection of good & bad hands

yours

Darryn
  • edited May 2014
    Coaching lol  best way to learn is by playing 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Giveaway - Free Microstakes Cash Coaching --- 3 Candidates Confirmed:
    Coaching lol  best way to learn is by playing 
    Posted by imallin24
    Stop making new accounts on Sky IDONKCALLU