You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thues Night Live Show with Fowler and Teacakes (my fave) 7pm CH 861 ***official show thread***

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Good Morning,

Good rainy, dreary, May Morning!!! We are very close to the weekend, and I like to think of the Thurs night show as your chance to extend your weekend, and take Friday off by taking down the Bounty Hunter, not that I am encouraging 'sickies' at all ;) Just the chance to win enough to have a day off and get paid to watch boxsets on the sofa! (finished Dawson's creek, erm Jen dies, bit much, and now finished House of Cards, Spacey is brilliant.)

Hope you have had the chance to watch the footage from the UKPC on Sky Sports 3, it's on at 10pm every Monday. I do not have Sky at home, so sadly I have not seen it :(  Certainly had fun filming it though.  Don't forget to come and join us at the next 6-max UKPC in August, Sky Poker are giving away 20 £1500 packages which includes your 1k buy in and £500 towards your travel and accomodation. One package is up for grabs in the Sunday freeroll, which only costs 10 poker points to enter!!

So with the packages up for grabs, and freerolls in mind;

What is the best thing you have ever won?  From a freeroll in poker or life!? I personally never win anything; raffles, bingo, poker, scratch cards.... ooh I won a cup in a netball match once, it was plastic.
What would be your ultimate poker package? If you could design your own? 

For the best entry/answer to the show tonight, we have 1 seat worth £48 to the Friday UKPC semi-final.

Ok so your show tonight looks a little like this:

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker

Live coverage from the televised Master Cash tables. 

8pm-9pm – Top Of The Pots

Count down of the 10 biggest master cash hands of the week.

9pm-10pm – Poker Clinic

Requested hands from the viewers. We’ll block your opponents hole cards and analyse the play from your perspective.

10pm-11pm – Master Cash

More live coverage from the Master Cash Tables.

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights

Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. We should get down to a final table and maybe a winner!

If you have anything you want to say, add, ask on the show tonight then we send it in to

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

As always I look forward to hearing from you later, it's another Fowler hat trick, and this is my first show, so I'll pace myself!

Loves

A&T xx

Hopefully Teakles remembers to come in early for his extra time (hour) in the make up chair now we have a much clearer, sharper live stream. 

Comments

• edited May 2014

Teakles.

Sigh.
  • edited May 2014

Thues (?) Night Live Show.

Can someone confirm what day this is? Is it the night before Fwiday?

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Thues Night Live Show with Fowler and Teacakes (my fave) 7pm CH 861 ***official show thread***:
    Thues (?) Night Live Show. Can someone confirm what day this is? Is it the night before Fwiday? ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Oh Maxally, you're such a pendant :) (SWIDT?)

Have a good show tonight Anna and Teakles.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Thues Night Live Show with Fowler and Teacakes (my fave) 7pm CH 861 ***official show thread***:
    Thues (?) Night Live Show. Can someone confirm what day this is? Is it the night before Fwiday? ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sky are renaming the days of the week after players on here.
    Thuesday is after yoyo
    There will also be Trainsday, Bubbleday, Shortsday, Beardday and Luckboxday.  They are leaving Wednesday as it is just incase someone called Wendy starts playing here
  • edited May 2014
    I know this is probably not relevant here, but there's a topic on the "Sky Poker Live" where it's entitled "What's on Sky Poker" which used to be updated on a regular basis and hasnt had an update for weeks, despite myself and another couple of member's asking, so we can see what is being shown & when, so if we miss a broadcast, we know when to tune in or setup the recording devices for.

Could this be looked into? Apologies for jumping in on this thread...
  • edited May 2014

Evening Anna and is it toasted or Chocolate Tony?

The best thing I've ever won is a 2 week FREE holiday with Tony in Sin City; there wasn't alot of sin because Tony stupidly invited my husband Dave as well, but he did follow me around alot, and we had a few private chats when nobody was watching.

The Grimsby Express will be arriving at McCarran airport at the begining of July ready to rail Tony in Event 59 at the Rio.

Love Sue
  • edited May 2014
    hi anna and tikay ave a great show as always.. i once won 1st place in a freeroll in the charlotte jackson eliminator was playing most of 1 saturday as so many went thru then a hr or so later same again so many went thru to next leg ended up winning and playin live on skypoker channel and finishin 3rd for £900 not bad for a guy that plays mostly on micro stakes
  • edited May 2014
    Hi anna and tk
    the best thing i won for nothing was a laptop and printer.  Just had to ring into a radio show and answer a what am i question.  Managed to get through first. still using them tina
  • edited May 2014
    Hi and TK have a great as usual
  • edited May 2014
    Good Evening Anna & Teakles!!! Hope you have a fantastic show tonight!!!
    what would my ultimate poker package be?? well if we can convince him to arrange it, the winners of my poker package would be in a high stakes cash game on Richard Branson's Space plane!! Now that would literally be HIGH STAKES!!! The rail mite be a little thin though...unless we can convince tikay & stapes to get their space suits on!!!
    Stuart

• edited May 2014
    Hi Anna and team - counting down the minutes to the show :-)

Best thing I have won from a freerole - was entry to a £1k bounty hunter on sky and managed to final table :-)

Best poker package?  

Well would obviously be a seat into the massive UKPC main event in August with the following attached to it:

A shofer driven journey to the dusk till dawn venue with TK driving and giving me an insite to all the famous bridges on route.  Then a meal with Ryan and Ross to give some pre poker advise on how to take it down.  Finally (not asking for much) a guaranteed seat next to yourself in position in the main event - easy on the eye and hopefully easy to chip up too :-)

Not forgetting an exit interview with Richard to rib me for being bubble boy!!

Matt

• edited May 2014
    best thing I won in freeroll was-------- a freeroll

my ultimate poker package would be a package with some poker in it
  • edited May 2014
    Netball.  Basketball for people who haven't learnt how to bounce a ball.  Pft.

I was runner up in a freeroll for a seat in the Grand SPT final in 2012.  Winner got the seat and I got nothing :(  I decided to attend anyway and played the side event on Saturday night where I came 3rd and Sky freerolled me into the next Monday nights main event which I only went and won!  If I had won the original freeroll I would never of been in the side event and would never of won my second main :)

My ultimate poker package?  Well, I have very simple poker tastes.  Playing in a satellite to the UKPC tomorrow would be better then a tour of a concrete factory in my opinion

Run well all and have fun at the tables
  • edited May 2014

Chunnel ???

Any mention of the 6 finalists in this weeks challenge game for UKPC seats? :)
  • edited May 2014
    What would be your ultimate poker package? If you could design your own?

My ultimate poker package would be to play a sit n go vs the best pros about somewhere hot a carribean island in barbados or the bahamas with rhianna  massaging me :) 
  • edited May 2014
    I've never played the bounty before, but seems quite fun with decent blind times, so i may have to win it! I guess it plays out the same as a normal tourney!
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening Mr Kendall & Ms Fowler

Hope you're both well

That's all i have to say.
    Have a good show
    Mick
  • edited May 2014
    Not my win but I shared the benefits when my brother won tickets to see Michael Jackson on the 'Bad' tour at Wembley. We also won loads of T-shirts and a years supply of Pepsi and crisps. I was about 6 at the time and it was like some wonderful dream with the pantry full of more pap than I could possibly consume!

Dream poker set up would be to captain a team of euro players vs a US team and anchor the team to victory live on TV by beating Ivey HU. Make it happen Sky!

• edited May 2014

Usually hopeless at winning things but a few stand in mind.
    My 320-1 shot 7 fold footie acca that came in a couple of weeks ago allowing me to prematurely resurrect my poker diary/challenge and haven't looked back yet either;)
    Winning the Boston Town Pool League Pairs Championship with my mate at the first time of asking - we bought ourselves a pair of huge trophies with the money!
    When I was a wee little 13 year old and the latest gaming technology was the SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) we had a competition day at our local Boots store and I won an official T-Shirt by beating my best mates score on Super Mario World. Bragging rights followed at school for the next week or so;)

As for the ultimate poker package - One that would guarantee yours truly a seat to the WSOP main event!

• edited May 2014
    Good evening Anna & Tikay

looking forward to watching the show

Best thing I ever won was when I was 18 (ish.....well actually I was 17 but I lied about my age)

I entered a competition in a national newspaer to put he attributes of a racing driver in the best order from the choices given in a list from A to K

I made a word up from the letters (didnt even read the list) and posted it off.

I was amazed to win 3rd prize which was a new car (Mgb cabriolet) which I picked up at the British formula 1 Grand Prix and had a drive round the track before the race.

The only downside when they rang to tell me I had won I thought it was someone from work playing a joke on me (as we used to do those sort of things) so I told them to ****** off and put the phone down.

Fortunately for me they rang back, also by the time i picked it up I was 18 so I got away with my age lie as well

That was the first time i experienced the runlikemac :)

• edited May 2014
    Evening Anna and TK.

Looking forward to the rest of the show - Did you answer my message TK? (I missed the first 10 minutes)
    A question for TK - Do you know what my hometown of Studley is famous for? Studley in Warwickshire.

• edited May 2014
    What counts as a freeroll?
    Before Sky Poker was born, I waqs playing 16 tables of $5/$10 6 max wqhen a glitzy pop up appeared, I was too busy to read it, so minimised it and closed the cash tables down. Then read the pop-up. I had been on a table with a bad beat jackpot and my share was a little over $20,000.

A poker package of a cruise to the carribean with poker on board aweek in the carrabean and acruise back with lectures from some of the top pro's.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Anna and TK

Sky's dynamic duo, have a great show:)

For the poker clinic can this hand please be looked at, think i maye have been rivered.

Hand History #774538908 (17:19 05/05/2014)Mastercash 25 

Thanks
  • edited May 2014
    good evening anna and TK enjoying the show.
    i played a few all in and a semi for the main and knowing that i would have to buy into the event if i wanted to use it in the UKPC promo i made the buy in.
    the disaster is i've forget to deregister when the sats failed so have cost myself £33 of what is a small BR at the minute.
    my only hope now is luck is on my side.
  • edited May 2014
    Hand History #774939987Tuesday 6th May Turbo open. I'm readless - he has not long late reg'd into the tournament.
    Pre flop/Flop i think is standard. Turn is not the best, so i decided to go smaller. Do you think the bet sizing here is good?River brings everything in. Flush draw, Ace 5 gets there, not to mention he could have a king. Do you like the fold here? Without reads should you give them credit?
  • edited May 2014
    hi their i have a hand request from tonights main.
    as their was just a min raise made preflop i wasn't that confidient of them holding a strong hand.
    so was the donk bet right?

also it made me play this one slower was i correct playing this as slow or does 2 aces make him more confidient to call a shove on the flop?
    the main event tonight again

• edited May 2014
    if you are going to analyse just one could it be 775681083 please
  • edited May 2014
    Yes Anna, one side of your brain deals with memory and the other side deals with creativity. That's how you can tell if someone is lying because if they lie they will need to look to the creative side of the brain to make something up, if they look to the other side, they're actually remembering something so are telling the truth... generally speaking :)
  • edited May 2014
    Great show guys, did Anna know that she has a tv double?? im watching the show on the stream and my other half is watching the Eurovision song contest semi final, we've just had a man dressed as woman, nails and evrything with a beard in exactly the same dress as Anna!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Hey,

Hand History #775697761 (21:18 08/05/2014)

I lost the hand with pocket Kings, can you tell me if you would have played the hand differently.

Much appreciated.