You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thues Night Live Show with Fowler and Teacakes (my fave) 7pm CH 861 ***official show thread***

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi Anna & Mr Kendall

My question for Tikay is: with less than three weeks to the start of the WSOP, what do you think of the chances of the British players matching or bettering last years tally of 3 bracelets? I think that might be a bit of a tough target, but if Natalie Bromley wins the Ladies Event that's one of the 3 locked up.
  • edited May 2014
    What would be your ultimate poker package?

Winning a package to the WSOP main event for me and three friends including buy-in, flights, hotel and spending money. But I guess a UKPC Semi-Final seat will have to do .. ;-)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi miss Anna and mr Tikay,the best thing I have won(I don't think I have mentioned this before;)) was a seat in the wsop main event 2010.i won it in a free roll believe it or not using poker points to enter the sat,was a 15k (dollar) package,not bad for a small stakes player who just plays for fun and the love of the game ey:)enjoy your evening and good luck in life.ps for those cynics out there check out YouTube with my username,my excuse in the interview was I had been playing all day and suffered a smidgen of jet lag as farthest I'd been before that was Blackpool beach:)
  • edited May 2014
    I watch the Eurovision final because Graham Norton makes it a fantastic watch :-)
  • edited May 2014
    i'll take up Tikay's offer if it's an open offer to go plane spotting at heathrow?? Secondly in no way shape or form am i saying i watch eurovision!!! lol it just happened to be on!!!! lol
  • edited May 2014
    Hello again!! in reference to Tikay's 'trunk road', the a189 in northumberland is known to the locals as something different than a trunk road or a dual carriageway. does Tikay know what the locals call it??

If he dosent know they call it the 'spine road'
  • edited May 2014
    As Sky Poker's self-appointed Formula One expert I will point out that the British GP has been held at three circuits in Formula One: Aintree, Brands Hatch and Silverstone.

Also, it sounded like the corner Anna was describing at Brands Hatch was turn one: Paddock Hill Bend - but her description was so vague, she could have been making it up and not actually know the circuit!! :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Yes I won the money

• edited May 2014
    macmonsters story reminded me that i won a car in game of poker amongst friends in a coffee bar in Weston super mare  in the 60s. a Austin a35 i did not have driving licence,in fact never driven a car,so sent of for a driving test.in those days you could ask for cancellation,if there was one you would not have to wait long.
    almost by return of post i got a date and time for my test in about a weeks time.
    i showed up got in the car with the examiner and promptly drove into the back of a bus.i failed lol
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys

In answer to Tikays question it was at Silverstone, James Hunt was the top driver then

ttfn
  • edited May 2014
    @Tikay The Formula One World Championship started in 1950 and Aintree hosted the British GP in 1955, 1957, 1959, 1961 and 1962.

It is worth noting that British circuit Donington Park hosted a Grand Prix in 1993, but it was under the name of the "European Grand Prix".
  • edited May 2014
    Anna! Everyone loves the Weston Pier. Has it been fully repaired now TK?
  • edited May 2014
    M5 is Birmingham to Exeter Anna - Linked to the M6
  • edited May 2014

10:39 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 438 568 155 35  
    left 18 60      

none left

• edited May 2014
    For those of us in Cornwall, Weston-super-Mare is "up there", almost "oop North" in fact.

I reckon the banana was from Belize
  • edited May 2014
    My guess on the banana is Cyprus?
  • edited May 2014
    ok to keep Anna happy I shall guess the Bananna was grown in LOndon
  • edited May 2014

banana will be from portugal

• edited May 2014
    My guess on the banana is Columbia!

• edited May 2014
    Hey Anna and TK

Banana rama guess is Brazil from me!! Just because the world cup is coming! 

Matt
  • edited May 2014

Anna, please tell TK Linda Lusardi was a page 3 girl who ended up acting in Emmerdale.

Linda Lovelace was a lady of errrrrrr i think he put it.
  • edited May 2014
    was the bananna from Tescos?
  • edited May 2014
    It's gotta be Portugal

• edited May 2014
    Obviously the best thing I won in life was my fair laddies heart!!

If you mention this - I will replay this episode next time I am in trouble for watching you guys all evening!

haha

• edited May 2014
    Banana Colombia maybe?

• edited May 2014
    Anna

How rude - I posted in first 10 minutes with my competition entry on the free role and package - which started a 5 minute long debate about Matt Gloss and paint! haha  Not just a banana man

I will forgive you if my entry wins the semi final seat though

haha loving the show! - all of it - from the first minute ;-)
  • edited May 2014
    the best thing I have won in life is being the first to guess where the banana was from. Is it bad that that is true?
  • edited May 2014

Speaking of banana cases.  Many many years ago i used to work at Liverpool Prosecutions Office, and on 1 occasion a gang of  terrorists of Irish origin  were arrested in the City and had to appear in court every week on remand. Obviously security was very tight on the days they appeared in court and ALL members of staff were searched on entering the building.
        The 1st day the searches took place my boss had to open his briefcase at the main entrance and lo and behold it contained a banana, a plate and a knife. Embarrassing or what?
  • edited May 2014

Cannot beleive i had to edit this as not allowed to type AYE  ARRR AY
  • edited May 2014
    It's pronounced dig as in digging a hole. It came about when I was having a bath when I was a few months old, my mum spiked my hair up with shampoo and my sister who was about 3 at the time  said I looked like a digbod. Still to this day we have no idea what a 'digbod' is but it has forever stuck as my nick name between my family. Don't ask!