You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Limping with JJ

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Limping with JJ:
    In Response to Re: Limping with JJ : but look at this hand though, its just plain ugly, utg limps and he then limps behind hoping someone will raise, what if they all decide they wanna limp in behind now cos 2 people have done it and u end up going 5 way to the flop, unless hes some post flop genious he wont have a clue were he is unless he flops a set like he did this time, hes lucky 2 people had genuine hands behind. call me old fashioned but doing you're own betting has allways worked just fine for me
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yeah I fully agree that the majority of the time you want to be raising it up pre-flop. His reasoning for limping is kind of vague with some out-dated concepts applied. But if we know it will be raised behind us frequently and also know that when we 3-bet we are going to be called by worse then it becomes a very profitable situation. Sure, it sucks a bit when it gets limped around but it's not a disaster unless we are incapable of letting our hand go post-flop when it's clear we're beat.