You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread***

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
It's all live and it's all good on Sky Poker TV tonight!

At the helm tonight...

Orfs and Stapes!

And here's what we're doing...

7pm- Live Mastercash table coverage

8pm- A countdown of the Top 10 biggest Mastercash hands of the week

9pm– The Poker Clinic (get your hand requests and questions in to us now!)

10pm - Live Mastercash table coverage

11pm-  Live action  from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter main event

Yes, get yourself on the box tonight. There's FIVE ways to do it. 

1. Play on the Mastercash tables between 7 and 8 and 10-11 and drop us a line to tell what table you're on and we'll drop in on your play.

2. Send us an interesting hand from your hand history with some notes or a question for us to show in The Poker Clinic at 9. (NB- only hands from tournaments with TV icons next to them or Mastercash tables can be shown).

3. Run deep in tonight's main event- the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. We'll no doubt see you in action in our coverage from 11pm.

4. Send us some insightful or amusing email (skyopen@bskyb.com), tweet #skypokertv or post on this thread. 

Or 5. Fire in a question to our sharp-minded poker with Joe Stapleton, whether it be a serious poker question or a non-serious non-poker question to get his unique take on it.
Or...as I'm coining it...
------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLICIT STAPES!
No question too stupid or random

------------------------------------------------------------------
Our favourite message tonight will get a free seat into tomorrow night's UKPC semi-final satellite (NB- this seat is non-transferable)

See you at 7!

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hey Rich and Stapes

Can I have this hand looked at please

777643262 From Tuesday Nights Main event.

Looks like a standard shove (with blind levels) but do you think there's ever a shot for folding this preflop, and seeing another few hands.

From experience, really dislike jamming low pocket pairs from early position, at best we're flipping at worse we are crushed!

7 bb is quite tho, however given the turbo nature 1 double up and you are right back in it.
  • edited May 2014
    Looking forward to seeing pinky and the brain together again.  Should be a fun watch :)

Is this called solicit stapes because of all the solicitors on stand by everytime Stapes appears?

Has Joe had a chance to listen to the commentary on the UKPT that is being shown on sky sports at the moment and does he think that he could do better?

Does Joe fancy his chances of being the next West Brom manager?  

Which would Stapes prefer, a run to the November 9 or two weeks on a desert island with two ladies of his choice?

Have a great show and run well everyone
  • edited May 2014
    Richard, unfortunatly im wining and dining tonight, so i wont be able to join in your show, i hoped to use it as further proof of the coconut milk powers

but alas it will have to wait
  • edited May 2014
    As a writer & commentator, does Joe like anagrams?

Here's a few of names of presenters & analysts.

Joe:
    Jape sent tool
    Ante lope jot

Anna:
    A flan owner

TK:
    Dank telly no
    Talked nylon

Ryan:
    Pearly stints

Have a good one (thats not an anagram!)
    Mick
  • edited May 2014

Have a good show lads

Rich -  As you know Since joining sky poker (will be 5 years ago next month) i've never binked a tourney with a buy in more than £11 BUT - FINALLY Have Broken me Duck as i Won last nights £1,500 speed BH (Buy in £55) Bonus was i got in via a £3 SAT.  Still buzzing as had a good day at York races yesterday as well wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

DTWBANDIT 128000 1 £320 + £241.88 Head Prizes 5 £79.22
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread***:
    SOLICIT STAPES! No question too stupid or random
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Good evening chaps,

Is this question too stupid or too random?
  • edited May 2014

Am currently playing MASTER CASH 25
  • edited May 2014
    Evening Mr Orford!

Blimey, your boy Frank Stapleton has aged a lot since his Man United days. Shame.

Question for Mr Stapleton:

Would he rather play HU strip poker against The Kendall or against The Orford?

Best regards, The Pez.
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening.
    I'm not sure if you looked last night Rich but the milk prevailed again - i achieved my first top 10 main finish and it was probably the hardest main to do so aswell :-).

For the Clinic: #778037965 Hand from the Rebuy open (last night). 9 players remaining at the time. I don't think i need to share much about the dynamics, you only have to see who was at my table. (For Joe - These have got to be 4 of the best regs on the site.)

Pre flop - Think my call is OK - i had been playing quite tight up to this point and 4 5 suited is one i would like to see a flop with heads up.

Flop - Great flop and happy to see a turn card, happy to shutdown on some but i was hoping for a spade turn to give more outs. Think Divs is likely to have overcards on a flop like this.

Turn - Great turn card, now my original plan here was to Check / Jam. When he checks behind, I'm fairly certain he has a big ace that does not hit the king. I think KQ/AK bets here 100% as the board is quite draw heavy, so i felt he was shutting down as we went to see a river card.

River - Total brick - Only QT gets there. How much are we betting to get him off the hand? Had i got there on the river, i'm setting him in. So i decided to play the same way, to apply maximum pressure, as he is calling for his life. 

Question for after the hand - Is this play going to work over time? I've discussed this with multiple people over skype and they believe alot of people are folding that river. His hand fails to beat some other bluffs in my range which is why i felt a bit unlucky this did not get through. I suppose that is why he is the best MTTer on the site
  • edited May 2014
    Question for Joe:

My one fault in poker is patience. Any advice on becoming more patient?
  • edited May 2014
    WHAT!   You guys wear make-up?  ;-)
  • edited May 2014
    Master cash table 8 for more coconut magic
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys,last longest please have a good show
  • edited May 2014
    Great show as always , 2 points .  !st would be great to get Bill Maynard on the show sharing his poker stories.

2. show a hand where Joe can shout EVERYONE LOVES A CHOP POT .  
  • edited May 2014
    So what's the most you have lost in 24 hours Stapes, and how?
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford(£2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion) and Mr Stapleton.
    It is true that coconut milk makes you a better poker player, i have never drunk coconut milk and i am rubbish at poker.
    All the best
    Rainman397

• edited May 2014
    My question for Joe is:

What's the worst thing about being cooped up in a tiny commentary box with James Hartigan for hours on end:

a) The fact that he doesn't laugh at your jokes

b) His  B.O., or

c) The fact that he's taking up a seat that could be otherwise occupied by Liv Boeree?
  • edited May 2014
    hi rich, hi stapes, i have question for stapes, phil helmuth obviously has a brilliant record playing live poker especially in W.S.O.P, but how do you think he would fair if he was to start all over again with say a 20k bankroll and switched from live mtts to grinding online mtts, some of his play has me shaking my head to be honest but you obv cant argue with the mans success in the live game but i think the online beasts today would crush him, thoughts please?
  • edited May 2014

Enjoying the show guys n1

Question for Joe -

Being the Sports Guru that you are, Who in your opinion will be the next 3 Premiership Football Managers to be Sacked before the new season Starts?? & Do you think ENGLAND will get through the Group Stages of the WORLD CUP this Summer??

Michael
  • edited May 2014
    What's the worst/most risque thing you've got away with saying live on air?
  • edited May 2014
    Hand request. 

Looking specifically at post flop. Cold 4 or flat ?

Fine to flat flop and fold turn? 

In otherwords, did i butcher this?> 
  • edited May 2014
    Q for Stapes

Does Tony G and Phil Hellmuth get on off camara?!
  • edited May 2014

question for joe:

do you think there should be a WSOP event for bald people?

if so, just like the interlopers into the ladies event, how would they prevent hairy people from scamming a seat?

• edited May 2014
    So what's the strangest thing you have seen live at a poker table where you were sitting
  • edited May 2014
    I don't mean to sound sycophantic, but Joe's really good at this poker entertainment malarkey. Probably my favourite analyst and that's saying something because I like the lot of them. A very funny man and not lacking in poker insight, either.

Oh... Hi Richard. You're there too. ;)

Question for Stapes:

I know a nice young chap (not me) that always finds himself in the FRIEND ZONE with the girls he likes. As you're 'good with women' do you have any suggestions as to how he can trick them into liking him? He's not very interesting, funny or successful. 
    (Remember; It's not me.)

Enjoying the show, gents. Hope you're both well.
  • edited May 2014
    ty for the Heads up rich. having a mare lol. 

Also mean the cold  4 pre. :) 
  • edited May 2014
    not one for bragging but this was painfull in tonights main !!!

hand  778230539

not painfull for me obvs :)
  • edited May 2014
    I can't believe you chaps thought I was talking about myself. Didn't you read what I said about my 'friend' not being interesting or funny?

Incredible cheek!

Thanks for the advice, Joe. I'll try being a jerk in future and how hard can it be to get on telly? :)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rich and Staples (other stationary outlets are available)

When Stapes has a sweet tooth, say he fancies a chocolate mousse, does he go into a café singing "everybody loves a choc pot?"

See you soon OrfMeister

Dave
  • edited May 2014
    Surely Stapes would prefer twenty hundred fifty even more, being from across the pond