You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread***

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    hi guyes enjoying the show
    the question for joe

778261983from tonights mini

when i'm holding AKs in position and the CO did a raise should i just make a call preflop because i didn't see an Ax going all in so was looking at a flip.
  • edited May 2014
    JUst to lighten the mood..

What did the male bacteria say to the female bacteria?

Who needs biology when we have chemistry!

• edited May 2014

Great show tonight have really enjoyed it & you'll never guess what just happened...................:)

For the 2nd night in a row have got in Via a £3 Sat BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
          DTWBANDIT 22000 1 £1,500 Speed B/H

Wonder what the odds are of binking it again,  pmsl :)
  • edited May 2014

10:33 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 390 541 147 38  
    left 20 71 3    

Omen69 1 5      
    BIGSHANN 15 19      
    poker69 16 33      

• edited May 2014

Hi Rich

As Stapes likes to dissect your poker username lets dissect his!

Stapes = King of the Monkeys or Saint Apes!

Joe Stapleton, coming to a zoo near you

• edited May 2014
    question for stapes
    if you are playing on tables which have villians that do a lot of fit fold and trapping me, do i just keep my bet size weak?
  • edited May 2014
    I called because i think turned flush would raise. Had him on a 1 heart hand, hence the AJ snap call
  • edited May 2014
    Also Rich im gutted you didn't show my hand. Think its the best call ive ever seen
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rich/Joe...Good Show as always 
    Over-heard Joe sayinng Yucckkkk, which was my feeling last night...having not cashed in a single game in my 5x DYM's I played in.

Tonight seems to be alot of success stories around the forums, because today/tonight...I've played 4x DYM's (60p Job's-I am micro stakes player) and BOOOOMMM! Cashed in all four for my first session at 100% 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread***:
    Also Rich im gutted you didn't show my hand. Think its the best call ive ever seen
    Posted by Matt237
    Save it and post it for next weeks poker clinic!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread***:
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread*** : Save it and post it for next weeks poker clinic!
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    I most certainly will be, was still up at 3am discussing it with people!
  • edited May 2014

Mr Stapleton i'm so SORRY for boring you & let me make it clear I'M NOT looking for PRAISE AT ALL, I've had the best 24 hours since joining sky poker 5 years ago & just wanted to share my good fortune by way of contributing it to your show as a lot of people know me here & know what i have gone through these past 4 months.

In future i won't bother. I'm JUST a small recreational player, who enjoys playing cards  who runs a comp on a Monday Night. To say i'm a bit MIFFED at your COMMENT is an Understatement & in bad taste, but hey ho each to there own. This will be my last Contribution Sadly to a Live Show. 

Michael
  • edited May 2014
          Mr Stapleton i'm so SORRY for boring you & let me make it clear I'M NOT looking for PRAISE AT ALL, I've had the best 24 hours since joining sky poker 5 years ago & just wanted to share my good fortune by way of contributing it to your show as a lot of people know me here & know what i have gone through these past 4 months.    In future i won't bother. I'm JUST a small recreational player, who enjoys playing cards  who runs a comp on a Monday Night. To say i'm a bit MIFFED at your COMMENT is an Understatement & in bad taste, but hey ho each to there own. This will be my last Contribution Sadly to a Live Show.     Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Dude, I'm sure Stapes was just fooling around and meant nothing by it. He jokes about everything. 

I'm chuffed at your heater on the tables. Please let me know your secret! ;-)

• edited May 2014

11:24 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 390 541 147 38  
    left 4 16 1    

Omen69 1 1      

• edited May 2014
          Mr Stapleton i'm so SORRY for boring you & let me make it clear I'M NOT looking for PRAISE AT ALL, I've had the best 24 hours since joining sky poker 5 years ago & just wanted to share my good fortune by way of contributing it to your show as a lot of people know me here & know what i have gone through these past 4 months.    In future i won't bother. I'm JUST a small recreational player, who enjoys playing cards  who runs a comp on a Monday Night. To say i'm a bit MIFFED at your COMMENT is an Understatement & in bad taste, but hey ho each to there own. This will be my last Contribution Sadly to a Live Show.     Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Hi Michael,

I can only echo what Richard said... I'm sure Stapes wouldn't have meant anything by it and was just joking around! However, i apologise if you've taken offence to his comments!

Please continue to contribute to the show, the messages from you & the other viewers really are invaluable for the show and for the presenters!!

Louis
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Morning Michael,

Just want to say much the same as Louis, &, though it pains me to agree with him, Orford.

Stapes is an amazing talent, very very good, but he does tread a very thin line when being "funny". It is not in anyway personal, or a dig, it's just him doing his regular thing. He does not have a malicious bone in his weedy little body, I promise.  

It is unbelievably difficult on these long, 5 hour shows, to keep a good comedic edge without unintentionally offending someone from time to time.

Mind you, I blame Orford, he is the Presenter, & if you'd complained about him, I'd be with you all the way. That's why they used to pair me with him - to keep him under control. Without me by his side, he is a disaster.

PS - Very well done on your amazing heater. Unlike many, I am aware of how tough life has been for you of late. You've done brill, you really have.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Joe ***official show thread*** : Morning Michael, Just want to say much the same as Louis, &, though it pains me to agree with him, Orford. Stapes is an amazing talent, very very good, but he does tread a very thin line when being "funny". It is not in anyway personal, or a dig, it's just him doing his regular thing. He does not have a malicious bone in his weedy little body, I promise.   It is unbelievably difficult on these long, 5 hour shows, to keep a good comedic edge without unintentionally offending someone from time to time. Mind you, I blame Orford, he is the Presenter, & if you'd complained about him, I'd be with you all the way. That's why they used to pair me with him - to keep him under control. Without me by his side, he is a disaster. PS - Very well done on your amazing heater. Unlike many, I am aware of how tough life has been for you of late. You've done brill, you really have.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tony & Thank You for the Heads up,

Have slept on it & on reflection maybre i was a bit hasty with me comment last night, tho was the 1st time i've seen him on 861, just felt at the time it was a dig as one thing i am not is a glory hunter. Anyway tis a new day & i ain't gonna dwell on it.I love it on sky poker & look forward to the shows as for the heater thats done & am back down to earth, got a lot on me plate at mo,so onwards & upwards :)

ps TY Rich & Louis for clearing things up 
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please guys.

I can smell it in the air: this is going to be a memorable evening, if it isn't because of my poker results, it certainly will be because of some of the best poker comments to be heard on Sky, and NO it's not you Rich...

Your commentary is ok though, would prefer some more dry jokes, and some TK bashing.

Dirk
  • edited May 2014
    In last longer please.

Rich, how can you be here and doing segway voice-over bits (whatever the tech term is) on Quest TV at the same time?
  • edited May 2014

LAST LONGER PLZ
  • edited May 2014
          LAST LONGER PLZ
    Posted by longman912
    wrong thread fella