You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unable to use the chat facility?

Hi all,
I'm new to the site, enjoying it so far. But is anyone else having problems with their chat facility during the games? Basically, whenever I am playing, the table window appears in such a way that whilst able to view the chat & summary box, the box below where you can type a message is not visible, therefore I can't use it.
I am not much of a chatter during games, but I like to think I am polite enough to say thank you when another player compliments me on a hand. Equally, I like to compliment others occasionally on a good hand.
This happened today where someone complimented my play, and I must have seemed rude in not responding - it's not because I didn't want to, just that I couldn't!
Anyone else encountering this problem?
Cheers, Stuart.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Take a look at the bottom right corner of the page, ahould be an indicator there showing 100%, its possible that this has altered to a different amount which is the reason for your problem.  Try clicking on the "change zoom level" so that it goes back to 100%, you may need to close the screen to get it to take affect.  I had a similar problem and this solved it for me.

Steve
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Unable to use the chat facility?:
    Take a look at the bottom right corner of the page, ahould be an indicator there showing 100%, its possible that this has altered to a different amount which is the reason for your problem.  Try clicking on the "change zoom level" so that it goes back to 100%, you may need to close the screen to get it to take affect.  I had a similar problem and this solved it for me. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks Steve,
    Have followed your advice but still no joy. Maybe it's to do with the settings on my PC, I'm not sure. It's okay on the cash tables, just the tournaments where I have this problem. Thanks for responding anyway.
  • edited January 2010
    hey there stu johns,

let me see if i can get some advice that helps you with this issue.

(i'll chase this up with the poker team and get back to you)

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Stuart,

The error you are seeing sounds very much like that described by Steve, where the browser is opening a table with the wrong zoom level.

Can you please advise what % zoom it currently shows in that bottom right hand corner of the table?

Can you also confirm what browser you are using? (Internet explorer 6, 7, 8 or Firefox etc)

We'll do our best to get this fixed for you

Many Thanks

Adam

• edited January 2010
    hey there stu johns, let me see if i can get some advice that helps you with this issue. (i'll chase this up with the poker team and get back to you) Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich.
  • edited January 2010

How about posting a 'Print-Screen' of the issue? Always helps to SEE the problem

• edited January 2010
    Hi Stuart, The error you are seeing sounds very much like that described by Steve, where the browser is opening a table with the wrong zoom level. Can you please advise what % zoom it currently shows in that bottom right hand corner of the table? Can you also confirm what browser you are using? (Internet explorer 6, 7, 8 or Firefox etc) We'll do our best to get this fixed for you Many Thanks Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Hi Adam,
    Thanks for responding. I use the BT Yahoo browser, I'm not keen on I.E. As for the % zoom, that doesn't even show up on my screen! I'm guessing it has been cut off at the bottom of the screen same as the chat facility.
    This could be down to the browser I am using then.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Unable to use the chat facility? : Hi Adam, Thanks for responding. I use the BT Yahoo browser, I'm not keen on I.E. As for the % zoom, that doesn't even show up on my screen! I'm guessing it has been cut off at the bottom of the screen same as the chat facility. This could be down to the browser I am using then.
    Posted by StuJohns
    Hi Stu,

yes I think it is likely to be caused by the browser, I've never used the BT Yahoo browser and I've been trying to download a copy of it to recreate what you are seeing without any luck :-(

I'd advise that you try another browser, Sky Poker officially support Internet Explorer and Firefox, so maybe you could download the latter and give that a go?

Many users also chose either Google Chrome or Safari for the PC, neither are officially supported but they do work well in my experience.

I hope this resolves your issue but If you are still having issues in other browsers or you have any other q's then please feel free to come back to me.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited January 2010
    Isn't the "BT Yahoo Browser" actually just IE?

• edited January 2010
    Isn't the "BT Yahoo Browser" actually just IE?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    As far as i am aware the BT yahoo browser is a skin of IE, but it operates differently, I have a feeling an issue was seen a long time ago with mini view in this browser, which is fine in all official versions of IE that I know of.

It may just be a case of different default settings in this browser skin, without seeing it myself I have no idea to be honest.

St: if you can try firefox and maybe send a screenshot too of the error then we can eliminate some of the potential causes.

Kind Regards

Adam 
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. I have just tried a sit'n'go using the IE browser ( which i am not usually a fan of ) and it seems to have rectified the problem. So I can now use the chat facility if needed, not that I use it much anyway. It was obviously the BT yahoo browser that was the problem here. Thanks for your help folks! Stuart.
  • edited January 2010
    Glad this is all sorted now for you Stu and you can enjoy the banter on the Sky Poker tables with the chat facility

Best Wishes

Adam