You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday night with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

I was watching the "QUEST" Channel last night, & the Continuity Announcer was really smirky.

Anyone know who it was?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    It's another one of those shows we crazy cats at Sky Poker TV towers like to do LIVE! And it's on Tuesday night from 7.

Minding the store will be...

Rich and Ryan!

And here's what we're doing...

7pm- Final table coverage of Sunday's Super Roller. 8pm- Live action from the start of the £5K Turbo Open main event.
     9pm– Sky Poker Strategy –A Guide to Every Seat in 6-Max
     10pm - Live Master Cash action
    11pm-  Live action and probably a winner from the late stages of the £5K Turbo Open

Yes, play in the £5K GTD Main Event this Tuesday night and have the added experience of watching the other tables play out on telly, and perhaps even your own.

If you send us a hand i.d. number and we like it- we'll show it. So make sure it's one that has a good talking point in it.

Fire in all your usual banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And don't forget the Last Longer competition! Playing in the main event? Tell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter will win a UKPC semi seat for tomorrow night (worth £48). Note that this prize is non-transferable, so if you can't play the prize then don't play the competition! 

-----------------------------------------------------

The World Cup is almost upon us. So, here's a question for you...

If your poker was a World Cup team, which one would it be?

Here's mine-

I'm Ivory Coast- been around for a while now, picked up some minor results, but haven't chalked up any big ones. Talented but underachieving. (Lol- yes, yes- flame me at will)

Look forward to your answers and see you Tuesday night at 7!

• edited May 2014
    My world cup team:

Scotland - never gets there !
  • edited May 2014
    I guess mine would have to be the Bahamas, we both live off Coconut Milk
  • edited May 2014

My team would be West Brom. The end.

LL please.

Question for Rich.....I have been keeping up to date with your 'Build a BR' thread (or in your case, 'destroy a BR'*). What 3 bits of advice would you give to a recreational player who wanted to move up a level to make poker a 'second income'.

*please add smiley*
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys,

Loving the show. 

Question for bryan, How many buy ins should you have for heads up sit n go turbos? 100?

Thank you
  • edited May 2014
    My poker is most like The Netherlands.  Looks good, is a pain to play against but self destructs spectacularly when it's about to win anything.

On an unrelated note, the first Dutch astronaut, Wubbo Ockles died on Saturday night.  My Dutch girlfriend is very sad about this.  When I asked if he was the highest Dutchman of all time I got a look that could curdle milk :).

Run well alll and have fun
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday night with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    My team would be West Brom. The end. LL please. Question for Rich.....I have been keeping up to date with your 'Build a BR' thread (or in your case, 'destroy a BR'*). What 3 bits of advice would you give to a recreational player who wanted to move up a level to make poker a 'second income'. *please add smiley*
    Posted by MAXALLY
    How to get a small fortune.  Start with a large fortune and give it to Mr Orford to play poker with :)
  • edited May 2014

If your poker was a World Cup team, which one would it be?

It would have to be belguim a young team and improving with each game just like me on the poker tables 
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please Rich. 

My world cup team would also be Belgium - Young, doing very well currently and tipped to do even better in the future.

Have a Mastercash hand if its not a problem.  #778294019 

Have discussed with a few regs and responses have been mixed so thought it was an interesting hand. Do i always jam this river? The min raise looks so strong especially at these stakes, so i sometimes i expect to be behind, but is it feasible they could be doing this with any flush/set? 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday night with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    I was watching the "QUEST" Channel last night, & the Continuity Announcer was really smirky. Anyone know who it was?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh, there's always one troll on every thread...

• edited May 2014
    This just in...

Tomorrow night's subject for our strategy section...

9pm– Sky Poker Strategy –A Guide to Every Seat in 6-Max

• edited May 2014
    hi Ryan well done on all your recent achievements best wishes i send you xxxx and apologies to  mr orford for not realising the world cup was football xxx would love England to win but hay ho you never no xxxx
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday night with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread*** : Sigh, there's always one troll on every thread...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Does that make you and Ryan the 2 billy goats gruff?
  • edited May 2014

Last longer pls.
  • edited May 2014
    I'm off. Not playing on here any more. You forgot my birthday. My friend on another site got a brand new pogo stick and I deserve at least the same! #justcallmeyaya
  • edited May 2014
    I'm off. Not playing on here any more. You forgot my birthday. My friend on another site got a brand new pogo stick and I deserve at least the same! #justcallmeyaya
    Posted by cenachav

Haha - just been reading about that.
    What a juvenile !
  • edited May 2014
    Not in the last longer please.
    Well I can't make tomorrow night so somebody else might as well have it.
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    hi guys..... not rich and ryan......rich and richer after ry's great cashes of late.

last longer please...........:)

not a footy fan but i would be usa......can play but rubbish stats lol.

have a great show
  • edited May 2014
    Live in 90 minutes folks!

It's around about now that Tikay wanders into make-up and emerges just before we go on air.

However, it's Ryan and myself tonight so obviously we'll be ready in a few minutes waiting for you to join us. ;-)

Keep the input coming in. And don;t forget those World up teams see opening post)- need some more to start reading out from 7.

TTFN!
  • edited May 2014
    Equador, as I often finish in the middle somewhere
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please.

Have a great show guys.
  • edited May 2014
    last longer plz ty
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited May 2014

Well I only went and done it, my Open Wins my big bounty hunter wins pale into insignificance, as I realised the dream of all top poker players. I won the 2.20 @ 2.20 deep stack on Friday. Have either of you two managed it?

Though I didn’t think I would after converting my 5000 chips into 140 in the first 10 minutes.

• edited May 2014
    Great Show So Far Guys!
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please guys.

I can smell it in the air: this is going to be a memorable evening, if it isn't because of my poker results, it certainly will be because of some of the best poker comments to be heard on Sky, and NO it's not you Rich...

Your commentary is ok though, would prefer some more dry jokes, and some TK bashing.

Dirk
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please