You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

INVITE FOR MR THEW

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon Mr Thew.
If you could spare the time this afternoon would you like to participate in the £2,20 @2.20 deepstack, it would be an honour to play a player of your calibre.
All the best
Rainman397

Comments

• edited May 2014
    *bump*

for rainmans effort
  • edited May 2014
    hello sir,

sorry for the late reply, been out all day...some other time for sure, can play wed 4th if that suits!
  • edited May 2014
    winner for rainman!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: INVITE FOR MR THEW:
    winner for rainman!!!!!
    Posted by Chris_Mc

any time guys, always happy to doante ))

just gimme a wee bit of notice; schools broke up for elections/half term today so next week or so not good

• edited May 2014
    Rainman, get inviting the cream of Sky to play that Wednesday 4th! I'll be able to donk off my stack in it too as it falls on a day off.
  • edited May 2014
    Can you imagine a £2.20 at 2.20 that contains all the usual runners and riders, plus Yoyo, Scotty, Tommy, Bates etc etc maybe chuck in an Orford (cough) and a Tikay (ahem), and it would be the most prestigious MTT to bink on Sky!

Plus me.

Come on Rainman, couple of weeks to round them all up......
  • edited May 2014
    Wednesday 4th. Get everyone there!!
  • edited May 2014
    if this happens I am phonin a sicky!!!!

get in about it rainman!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    I finished 2nd in today's game!

No relevance to the conversation at all, just wanted to point it out! #brag
  • edited May 2014
    I finished 2nd in today's game! No relevance to the conversation at all, just wanted to point it out! #brag
    Posted by peter27
    Rainman iikes brags, in fact he loves anything that will keep THIS thread bumped! I have already put Wed 4th June in my virtual diary!  U might wanna change the title tho Rainman to " £2:20@2:20 on Wed 4th June! GREAT NEWS Glenelg is playing & Yoyo is there for value!")   ;-))))))  Unfortunately Orford is doing continuity links for the History channel that day and cant make it to defend his 100% record.
    P.S. VWD Rainman....If perservance was an olympic sport...............
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: INVITE FOR MR THEW : Rainman iikes brags, in fact he loves anything that will keep THIS thread bumped! I have already put Wed 4th June in my virtual diary!  U might wanna change the title tho Rainman to " £2:20@2:20 on Wed 4th June! GREAT NEWS Glenelg is playing & Yoyo is there for value!")   ;-))))))  Unfortunately Orford is doing continuity links for the History channel that day and cant make it to defend his 100% record. P.S. VWD Rainman....If perservance was an olympic sport...............
    Posted by Glenelg
    As I said to Rainman in the tournament today, Sky Poker really should rename this tournament "The Rainman Tournament" or the "£2.20 @ 2:20".

I have also put 4th June in my virtual diary.
  • edited May 2014

Sounds like fun, count me in too :)
  • edited May 2014
    Maybe its own separate thread to further encourage participants and and keep it updated to remind everyone. Would love to play bet sadly, work :(

Edit:

PS Rainmans going to have kittens when he finally reads all this.
  • edited May 2014
    Maybe its own separate thread to further encourage participants and and keep it updated to remind everyone. Would love to play bet sadly, work :( Edit: PS Rainmans going to have kittens when he finally reads all this.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Literally picturing rainman's avatar in a rain coat surrounded by kittens!! Rofl
  • edited May 2014
    excellent stuff, it's in the diary!
  • edited May 2014
    Just for this day could the tourney be advertised as 'join Rainman at 2.20' a g/tee of £300 and late reg of around 1.5hrs just for 1 day please. The reason for the extended late reg is many parents and grandparents like me often have to pick kids up from school so cant join in the fun normally. Just my thoughts, gl on the tables all.
  • edited May 2014
    Agree with rock, also a head prize or a sat seat for th ukpc on yoyo's head and any other presenters if this takes off think that would attract a few more. 

Miby even break the 150 barrier he has been aiming  for.
  • edited May 2014
    hello sir, sorry for the late reply, been out all day...some other time for sure, can play wed 4th if that suits!
    Posted by yoyo
    Good morning Mr Thew.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and agreeing to play on the 4th June.
    I get made redundant tomorrow , so you agreeing to play has made my day.
    I realise how busy you must be with Family and poker, so i really do appreciate you giving up an afternoon.
     Look forward to playing you on the 4 June.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    I think there should also be a head prize on Rainman?  ;-)
  • edited May 2014
    Good Afternoon everyone
    Thank you for your post and kind words, and excellent ideas ie longer late reg .
    I am so happy that Mr Thew is going to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, its like having the chance to take a penalty against the legendary GORDON BANKS, TACKLING THE GREAT BOBBY MOORE, PLAYING FRED PERRY AT WIMBLEDON ON THE CENTRE COURT,  RIDING RED RUM PAST THE FINISHING POST AT AINTREE, BEING IN THE PIT CREW FOR SUPREME JAMES HUNT.
    Mr Thew is the cream of BRITISH POKER no tantrums no whinging the perfect ENGLISH GENTLEMAN.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    I think there should also be a head prize on Rainman?  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    LIKE ^^^^^^
  • edited May 2014
    Rainman, I think you should start another thread to advertise the tournament on the 4th June - we need to try and get someone at Sky to take a look too and possibly add a guarantee/extra prize of some sort :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Rainman, I think you should start another thread to advertise the tournament on the 4th June - we need to try and get someone at Sky to take a look too and possibly add a guarantee/extra prize of some sort :-)
    Posted by peter27
    Good afternoon Peter
    First of all excellent cash in yesterdays £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Have sent a message on poker chat to SKY SAM/ SKY PETER.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    well youve had enough 2.20s of me in russian roulettes rainman so another 2.20 wont hurt i guess !!!  count me in

• edited May 2014
    well youve had enough 2.20s of me in russian roulettes rainman so another 2.20 wont hurt i guess !!!  count me in
    Posted by robert369
    Good afternoon Robert
    Thank you for taking time to participate.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    p.s think we are even in rr.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: INVITE FOR MR THEW : Good afternoon Peter First of all excellent cash in yesterdays £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK. Have sent a message on poker chat to SKY SAM/ SKY PETER. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Thanks very much! :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Good Afternoon everyone
    Thank you for your post and kind words, and excellent ideas ie longer late reg .
    I am so happy that Mr Thew is going to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, its like having the chance to take a penalty against the legendary GORDON BANKS, TACKLING THE GREAT BOBBY MOORE, PLAYING FRED PERRY AT WIMBLEDON ON THE CENTRE COURT,  RIDING RED RUM PAST THE FINISHING POST AT AINTREE, BEING IN THE PIT CREW FOR SUPREME JAMES HUNT.
    Mr Thew is the cream of BRITISH POKER no tantrums no whinging the perfect ENGLISH GENTLEMAN.
    All the best 
    Rainman397

Almost choked on my lunch reading this, brill rainman.

I am also having a day off work just so i can play this, gonna be epic. Can feel the exceitment buzzing around the forum.
  • edited May 2014
    Good Afternoon everyone Thank you for your post and kind words, and excellent ideas ie longer late reg . I am so happy that Mr Thew is going to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, its like having the chance to take a penalty against the legendary GORDON BANKS, TACKLING THE GREAT BOBBY MOORE, PLAYING FRED PERRY AT WIMBLEDON ON THE CENTRE COURT,  RIDING RED RUM PAST THE FINISHING POST AT AINTREE, BEING IN THE PIT CREW FOR SUPREME JAMES HUNT. Mr Thew is the cream of BRITISH POKER no tantrums no whinging the perfect ENGLISH GENTLEMAN. All the best  Rainman397 Almost choked on my lunch reading this, brill rainman. I am also having a day off work just so i can play this, gonna be epic. Can feel the exceitment buzzing around the forum.
    Posted by GCDF
    Good afternoon GCDF.
    It will be an honour and privelige to have you participate in the tournament, you can register now as tournament is in the lobby thanks to Sky Sam.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014

I'm off work that day so count me in.  It's building up to be quite an interesting line up and I don't mind donating £2.20.

See you there!!
  • edited May 2014
    I'm off work that day so count me in.  It's building up to be quite an interesting line up and I don't mind donating £2.20. See you there!!
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Good afternoon SUPERSNEDD.
    Excellent  a pleasure to have a player of your calibre participate.
    All the best
    Rainman397