You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV goes live tonight from 7 to midnight with Rich and Ross. (Last Longer competition insid

edited December 2016 in Poker Chat
"Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Comments

• edited May 2014
    So apparently both Anna AND Redmond are ill. 

Therefore, in a late change to the scheduled programme, and on the basis that, Airplane stylee, we were the only two left who could fly the plane and who didn't also eat the fish for dinner, Ross and myself will step in gamely and take the controls for tonight's live show!

Boom! It's Rich and Ross!

And here's what we're doing...

7pm- Final table coverage of Sunday's £15K Super Roller. 8pm- Live action from the start of the £5K Turbo Open main event.
     9pm– Live coverage from a Sky Poker sit n' go from beginning to end (we'll pick a random one one tonight- sit on one with a TV icon and it could be yours!)
     10pm - Live Master Cash action
    11pm-  Live action and probably a winner from the late stages of the £5K Turbo Open

Yes, play in the £5K GTD Main Event this Tuesday night and have the added experience of watching the other tables play out on telly, and perhaps even your own.

If you send us a hand i.d. number and we like it- we'll show it. It has to be one of the TV tables though- so if it's in the main make sure you get it into us early in the second hour and if it's cash, look out for it from 10pm. Oh, and for best results make sure it's one that has a good talking point to it.

Fire in all your usual banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And don't forget the Last Longer competition! Playing in the main event? Tell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter will win a UKPC semi seat for tomorrow night (worth £48). Note that this prize is non-transferable, so if you can't play the prize then don't play the competition! 

-----------------------------------------------------

Ross was in Florence last week and saw a rather famous statue by Michaelango. The artist, not the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. So his question is...

If you could put up a poker-related statue what would it be and where would you put it? 

Here's mine-

I think I'd stick a Tikay statue in Trafalgar Square where he's most likely to get covered in bird droppings.

How about you?

Look forward to your answers and see you tonight at 7!

• edited May 2014
    Live sit and go. Sounds good.  Would love too get on that table!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Well this is bad news... I was going to tell Anna her new nickname was Bowser (thanks to Stuart) and I was going to ask Redmond how he felt about Jules Sowa's inference that he is not gorgeous.

I have no material prepared for you chaps. *sigh*

I'd construct a statue of a towering Matt Bates, with Tommy D bowing at his feet. Obviously it would have to be at White Hart Lane, so Tommy could really enjoy it. :)

Have a great show, gents.
  • edited May 2014
    I'm back! It feels like a lifetime since I last invaded your TV screens with my gibberish but tonight is the night. 

Good luck with your statue nominations. The suggestion that I like best will win the First Ever Ross Amazingness League trophy*, AKA F.E.R.A.L.

Now that's an incentive! See you at 7pm. 

P.S. Get well soon Reds and Anna. Save me from Orford.

*Denotes no real trophy nor prize. 
  • edited May 2014
    Afternoon gents.  Quick question for you both.  Are you lemons or are you rosebuds?  Just a poll I'm taking and if anyone else wants to say what they are then please do :).  My name is Cenachav and I'm a Rosebud.

I have a statue of Prince Charles in my toilet.  It's the only way I get a royal flush.  

Have a great show and have fun everyone :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV goes live tonight from 7 to midnight with Rich and Ross. (Last Longer competition inside!):
    Afternoon gents.  Quick question for you both.  Are you lemons or are you rosebuds?  Just a poll I'm taking and if anyone else wants to say what they are then please do :).  My name is Cenachav and I'm a Rosebud. I have a statue of Prince Charles in my toilet.  It's the only way I get a royal flush.   Have a great show and have fun everyone :)
    Posted by cenachav
    And the award for most random post goes to...

;-)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV goes live tonight from 7 to midnight with Rich and Ross. (Last Longer competition inside!):
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV goes live tonight from 7 to midnight with Rich and Ross. (Last Longer competition inside!) : And the award for most random post goes to... ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Oblong.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi in for last longer please...question....Ross is that you on the sky football advert?....can't make my mind up..looks like you(albeit better looking!)..
  • edited May 2014
    Really looking forward to the SNG, I'll be gutted if I don't get on. 

Have a great show, will be watching. 
  • edited May 2014
    I have not been playing the game long but why are players aloud to be away when they are on the brink of going bust and then hoping that other players knock each other out and either cash or qualify? Baz300
  • edited May 2014
    Last Longer please.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to question:
    I have not been playing the game long but why are players aloud to be away when they are on the brink of going bust and then hoping that other players knock each other out and either cash or qualify? Baz300
    Posted by baz300

Hi Baz,

I'll put your question to Ross on tonight's show.
  • edited May 2014
    Statue of Tony G in front of The Wailing Wall !

Have a good one
    Mick
  • edited May 2014
    Will there be more chances of these sit and gos... doesnt look like ill make it tonight. Miby not until 8 anyway.
    What time will u be saying what table it is :(
  • edited May 2014

Last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Mr Orford(currently £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion).
    Good afternoon Mr Jarvis(potential £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion).

Would it be possible to mention the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK ON 4TH JUNE.
    Also Mr Orford the tournament wont be the same without you.
    Mr Jarvis i would consider it an honour if you could spare the time to participate.
    32 players have already registered, some of the best players have already registered apart from you Mr Orford.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S. Would it be possible to ask Mr Bill Maynard if he could participate, i know he watches the show most nights.
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Mr Orford(currently £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion). Good afternoon Mr Jarvis(potential £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion). Would it be possible to mention the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK ON 4TH JUNE. Also Mr Orford the tournament wont be the same without you. Mr Jarvis i would consider it an honour if you could spare the time to participate. 32 players have already registered, some of the best players have already registered apart from you Mr Orford. All the best Rainman397 P.S. Would it be possible to ask Mr Bill Maynard if he could participate, i know he watches the show most nights.
    Posted by rainman397
    Your player requests get more epic. Next, Phil Ivy!
  • edited May 2014
    Last Longer please.
  • edited May 2014
    In for last longer please.
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please gents.

Great show as always/awful tripe*

*delete as applicable post 7pm :)
  • edited May 2014
    Hello Anna hello Redmond you don't look to bad Redmond but Anna I would be having serious words with make up never seen you looking so rough and why is there a picture of that Richard Orford after a bad night even for him at the poker tables. 
    Cheers only joking Richard have a good show Chris Duke.
  • edited May 2014

In for ast longer please.
  • edited May 2014
    laaaast longerererer please

Poker related Statue?

Luke Schwartz in Savile Row
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    Great Show So Far Guys - Probably the Best Ever!!!!

Last Longer Please.
  • edited May 2014
    last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    Question for Ross.  What does he think of the WSOP's decision to allow players to play online while they play in the WSOP this year?
  • edited May 2014

A statue of the don 90.

1 in each county!

In for the LL plz gents.
  • edited May 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited May 2014
    in for the last longer plz, will be playing both the main and the mini tonight as its one of the cheaper ones for me.

will the sit and go game be a 6max or a DYM???