You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SCOOP 6 CLUB -THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• edited July 2014

Cheers guys. Actually got bronze angel written down.....but then again, got FIVE horses penned in that one so far.....lol.

Couple of tough races to select from this week. Thankfully, Joesman is helping me out! Should have it sorted in an hour or so.
  • edited July 2014
    my own scoop involves

3.05 ANSAAB
  • edited July 2014
    Suffering from heat exhaustion,my mind is a complete blank.
    Only just starting to have a look,so sorry,cannot make any contribution at the moment.
    Saying that ,an e-mail in my inbox from ATR Tracker,has reminded  me of the following horses I have on my "Horses to follow on the flat 2014", So I will just stick with that for today!
    Ascot 2.40 Sir Guy Porteous
               3.15 Heavens Guest
                3.50 Telescope
                        Trading Leather.

Good luck Guys,May the Scoop 6 Gods be with you!
  • edited July 2014

With very grateful thanks to Neil, here are todays selections.....GL us.

2.20. 2) Dutch Rose +  5) Sir Reginald

2.40. 7) Kafeel + 4) Moohaarib

3.05. 6) Repitition + 4) Ansaab

3.15. 7) Belgian Bill + 21) Watchable + 18) Bronze Angel

3.30. 15) Zalty + 13) Muthmir

3.50. 5) Telescope + 7) Eagle Top
  • edited July 2014
    Bet Confirmation  - LX6455425730I  - Internet Time of bet:  26/07/2014 12:18:12 Print
    Scoop6  26/07/2014
    LegSelectionRacePlace TermsResult
    1Dutch Rose (2)2.20 York3 PlacesTo Run
    Sir Reginald (5)To Run
    2Moohaarib (4)2.40 Ascot3 PlacesTo Run
    Kafeel (7)To Run
    3Ansaab (4)3.05 Newcastle3 PlacesTo Run
    Repetition (6)To Run
    4Belgian Bill (7)3.15 Ascot4 PlacesTo Run
    Bronze Angel (18)To Run
    Watchable (21)To Run
    5Muthmir (13)3.30 York4 PlacesTo Run
    Zalty (15)To Run
    6Telescope (5)3.50 Ascot3 PlacesTo Run
    Eagle Top (7)To Run
    96@ Unit Stake:  2.00  Total Stake:  192.00   
    £192 staked so £29.30 left in kitty 
  • edited July 2014
    good luck all

position as we go into day

Scoop6 Syndicate

Name

Shares usually requested

Shares given as

Freebies

For 26/7

Given

A/c No.

Paid

No. of shares

Secured for 26/7/2014

Vaigret

Yes

Wynne1938

Yes

£10

Joesman1

Yes

Maxally

Yes

DOHH

Yes

1981Matt

Yes

THEROCK573

Yes

Mysharky

Yes

SP SP

Yes

UKjoe

Yes

Lengaleng

Yes

Brrrrr

Yes

Kitty

£62

Total

£72

Scoop6 account = £29.30 after above with £120 given as 60 free shares, wynne 5 and kitty 31 shares so £192 spent on bet

Names in bold have had a go picking or are about to.

• edited July 2014

Soz guys :(

Alfred Hutchinson was my 3rd choice for race one too.
  • edited July 2014
    unlucky boys, cant win em all.

First two races went to trainers interviewed just before off. Pity it was O'Meara's other that won.
  • edited July 2014
    its another rollover
  • edited July 2014
    Unlucky guys,do not feel bad,it is very difficult!
  • edited July 2014
    2.20. 2) Dutch Rose +  5) Sir Reginald losers

2.40. 7) Kafeel + 4) Moohaarib placed

3.05. 6) Repitition + 4) Ansaab placed

3.15. 7) Belgian Bill + 21) Watchable placed + 18) Bronze Angel

3.30. 15) Zalty placed + 13) Muthmir winner

3.50. 5) Telescopeplaced + 7) Eagle Top
  • edited July 2014

HARD WEEK AGAIN
    THERE MAY BE A HORSE OR 2 WORTH FOLLOWING THO FROM PICKS
  • edited July 2014

The Dutch let me down in the World Cup too!! 

Not a bad return on places, but nothing for 5 out of 6 in this game.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014:
    The Dutch let me down in the World Cup too!!  Not a bad return on places, but nothing for 5 out of 6 in this game.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Five places out of six is pretty good, just a shame it was the first race that let you down!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014 : Five places out of six is pretty good, just a shame it was the first race that let you down!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    +1
  • edited July 2014
    I think the advertising of  picks is not the right way .
    There is an alternative
    I will be out otherwise
  • edited July 2014
    Again I will say ,if TEAM  effort  what we supposed to be ,
    THIS HAS TO CHANGE

• edited July 2014
    i WILL A GUY WHO PICKS  ANOTHER FFS 
    GET A GRIP 
    OFF

• edited July 2014
    The principle of picking winners  is a team not some change of people whats that?

• edited July 2014
    I was under the impression people were happy with the ways things were going? 

And I thought the success we have had has been quite good? My mistake if i'm wrong?  

Trying to get everyone involved in the selection for each race would be a logistical nightmare for those people like Vaigret who co-ordinate everything.

• edited July 2014
    WELL CARRY ON LIKE Channel 4
  • edited July 2014
    IT SHOULD BE WITH HORSES
    NOT SELECTION OF PEOPLE

• edited July 2014
    TERRY A THOUGHT 
  • edited July 2014
    A weak link is the change of tipsters
    However, Thats a strive for equality which is fair
    A team has to move on
  • edited July 2014
    Chill your beans joe,this is meant to be purely a fun thing
    For those of us who liked a little flutter on a Saturday. I for one
    Am more than happy with the set up

• edited July 2014

Good drink this afternoon Joe lad? ;)
  • edited July 2014
    Fight fight fight fight.....
  • edited July 2014
    Bit of a rant yesterday. Not aimed at anyone otherwise would pm them.

The set up I agree with but is there a way 
    1.That takes the pressure off the person or persons picking when they might be struggling for a choice
    2.If so then team selections could benefit
  • edited July 2014
    Bit of a rant yesterday. Not aimed at anyone otherwise would pm them. The set up I agree with but is there a way  1.That takes the pressure off the person or persons picking when they might be struggling for a choice 2.If so then team selections could benefit
    Posted by Ukjoe
    And you will always pick the wrong horse out of the number of selections given for each race. 

Both wynne and I could both say we would have won this twice already if people had taken our advice on the last race but

IF IT WASNT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PICKED THE FIRST FIVE WE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN GOT THAT FAR

for us to even say that.

Cant understand the complaint now who would have picked  Heavy Metal yesterday, why didn't we go with just the banker in the last Tagroodha etc etc .Who would have thought Dohhhhh would have been one of our best winners.

There are so many ways to do this but we have outperformed Scoop6superclub over the time we have been doing this.

Every member has a chance to give advice to the chosen person each week, it is their right to take on board or disagree. One of these days it will click. 

If the majority disagree with the current system then I will gladly hand over to somebody else to administer this.

Come on people have your say and if I am doing wrong then take over and good luck.

Father V
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014 : And you will always pick the wrong horse out of the number of selections given for each race.  Both wynne and I could both say we would have won this twice already if people had taken our advice on the last race but IF IT WASNT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PICKED THE FIRST FIVE WE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN GOT THAT FAR for us to even say that. Cant understand the complaint now who would have picked  Heavy Metal yesterday, why didn't we go with just the banker in the last Tagroodha etc etc .Who would have thought Dohhhhh would have been one of our best winners.   There are so many ways to do this but if you want me to continue to be involved we will continue as we are. It isn't foolproof but we have outperformed Scoop6superclub over the time we have been doing this. Every member has a chance to give advice to the chosen person each week, it is their right to take on board or disagree. One of these days it will click.  If the majority disagree with the current system then I will gladly hand over to somebody else to administer this. Come on people have your say and if I am doing wrong then take over and good luck. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Everyone, right? I thought everyone was just kidding and really they knew I was a bookie bashing boss!!!!! :(

Only messing, I am useless, hence I gave my picks and gave Wynne free license to change as many as he wanted. As it turns out it's a good job he did.

It was fun to be involved though, even though a lot were (rightly) changed it did add abit more fun to the afternoon thinking of it as 'my week'.

Although I take your point, the chances of us winning on my week are probably 500,000/1 as opposed to only 495,000/1 on Father V's week. 

I wouldn't complain at all if I was told the selection process is changing and I wouldn't get a go, but likewise I'm more than happy with the way things are now.

I'm only in for a couple of quid every week anyway, maybe the bigger shareholders should get 2/3 weeks to every 1 week of the minor shareholders such as myself.

Whatever you guys decide is best is fine by me.

I think Father V is doing a great job overseeing it all though, there is no need for any knee jerk reactions there!!!