You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SCOOP 6 CLUB -THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014:
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014 : Everyone, right? I thought everyone was just kidding and really they knew I was a bookie bashing boss!!!!! :( Only messing, I am useless, hence I gave my picks and gave Wynne free license to change as many as he wanted. As it turns out it's a good job he did. It was fun to be involved though, even though a lot were (rightly) changed it did add abit more fun to the afternoon thinking of it as 'my week'. Although I take your point, the chances of us winning on my week are probably 500,000/1 as opposed to only 495,000/1 on Father V's week.  I wouldn't complain at all if I was told the selection process is changing and I wouldn't get a go, but likewise I'm more than happy with the way things are now. I'm only in for a couple of quid every week anyway, maybe the bigger shareholders should get 2/3 weeks to every 1 week of the minor shareholders such as myself. Whatever you guys decide is best is fine by me. I think Father V is doing a great job overseeing it all though, there is no need for any knee jerk reactions there!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I agree 100% with you DOHHHHHHH. I only pay for one share a week and like the way it's run now. Vaigret ably assisted by Wynne and others do a great job and it's much appreciated.

If the way people are chosen changed so that bigger shareholders have more goes than smaller shareholders, I would have no objection in the slightest.

As Vaigret said in an earlier post, once the week's 'tipsters' have been selected, others can post their thoughts on this thread, but ultimately the final decision rests with that week's people. They might decide to make all the selections based on those threads or ignore them - thats the whole beauty of it. 

We all wait with anticipation, some weeks the 'dream' goes up in an instant and on others we have one of the last tickets going onto race six and we are all biting our finger-nails...great fun for small outlay. :)
  • edited July 2014
    And on that note....my £2 for this week has been sent! :)
  • edited July 2014
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BRRRR.WELL SAID.
    HOWEVER! (HERE HE GOES AGAIN YOU MAY THINK)
    I THINK NON SCOOPERS SHOULDNT BE PRIVVY TO INFO ON HERE
    THERE IS AN EASY WAY ROUND THAT
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 26th July 2014 : And you will always pick the wrong horse out of the number of selections given for each race.  Both wynne and I could both say we would have won this twice already if people had taken our advice on the last race but IF IT WASNT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PICKED THE FIRST FIVE WE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN GOT THAT FAR for us to even say that. Cant understand the complaint now who would have picked  Heavy Metal yesterday, why didn't we go with just the banker in the last Tagroodha etc etc .Who would have thought Dohhhhh would have been one of our best winners.   There are so many ways to do this but we have outperformed Scoop6superclub over the time we have been doing this. Every member has a chance to give advice to the chosen person each week, it is their right to take on board or disagree. One of these days it will click.  If the majority disagree with the current system then I will gladly hand over to somebody else to administer this. Come on people have your say and if I am doing wrong then take over and good luck. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Terry..... You're FIRED!!! Lol....

In all seriousness, I was a bit gob smacked last night when I was told about 'the rant', by someone. I came on thinking it would be something about nothing. Personally, if it's not broke, why fix it?? 

• edited July 2014
    Not entirely sure what has occurred but from a personal point of view I enjoyed it when it was my turn to pick the horses, it is extremely hard at the best of times to pick one winner let alone six,so in that respect it's great we can listen to other syndicate members opinions.

I am happy with the way we are sharing the picks to be fair and Terry is doing a great job. 
  • edited July 2014

So, who fancies picking next week?

No pressure! lol . . . . . . .
  • edited July 2014
    Terry,I have no complaints or suggestions !
    It is like a lottery I believe,Joe Bloggs could choose 6 for whatever reason and scoop the lot!

It is a matter of luck + judgement,just like poker!

I am very grateful for you putting in the time and making it possible for every one to be part of a syndicate,which most would not be able to afford on their own!

Good luck,may the syndicate carry on and be a thriller each week, as it has been in the past,we have come very close a few times!

• edited July 2014
    First: 31/7/2009
    Last: 27/7/2014
    Terry,I have no complaints or suggestions !
    It is like a lottery I believe,Joe Bloggs could choose 6 for whatever reason and scoop the lot!

It is a matter of luck + judgement,just like poker!

I am very grateful for you putting in the time and making it possible for every one to be part of a syndicate,which most would not be able to afford on their own!

Good luck,may the syndicate carry on and be a thriller each week, as it has been in the past,we have come very close a few times!

+1 to this
  • edited July 2014
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BRRRR.WELL SAID. HOWEVER! (HERE HE GOES AGAIN YOU MAY THINK) I THINK NON SCOOPERS SHOULDNT BE PRIVVY TO INFO ON HERE THERE IS AN EASY WAY ROUND THAT
    Posted by Ukjoe
    Glad we all on board again. As to non scoopers getting our info. no problem they might get interested and join us, as we are getting so close.

The Rock cant do this week so is doing Saturday 9th. 

On our normal basis it is your turn john.

Up for it.?

Terry
  • edited July 2014

Didn't comment earlier as felt some of the criticism was directed at me. However, I am happy that I tried my hardest and put a lot of work into my selections and final picks on Saturday, and to get 5 out of 6 isn't a bad return IMHO. I will though not put myself forward to select again but continue to be an investor, if this syndicate continues. I am happy with this decision as it takes pressure off me! For this club to grow we should encourage more investors. Even if they don't want to be selected to pick the horses, the more money we can invest, the bigger perms we can have, which hopefully will increase our chances of winning this one week.

I would also like to thank Terry for his continued work in organising all this with no reward and not enough thanks sometimes. Cheers Father, I do appreciate all you do.
  • edited July 2014
    £4.00 sent Father V
  • edited July 2014
    Didn't comment earlier as felt some of the criticism was directed at me. However, I am happy that I tried my hardest and put a lot of work into my selections and final picks on Saturday, and to get 5 out of 6 isn't a bad return IMHO. I will though not put myself forward to select again but continue to be an investor, if this syndicate continues. I am happy with this decision as it takes pressure off me! For this club to grow we should encourage more investors. Even if they don't want to be selected to pick the horses, the more money we can invest, the bigger perms we can have, which hopefully will increase our chances of winning this one week. I would also like to thank Terry for his continued work in organising all this with no reward and not enough thanks sometimes . Cheers Father, I do appreciate all you do.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I doubt if it was a go at you Alan as people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Thanks for your continued support
  • edited July 2014
    Some helpful information for Saturday:
    INTRINSIC, one-time favourite for the Wokingham before agonisingly missing the cut for the Royal Ascot sprint, looks likely to get his chance to bid for big-handicap glory in Saturday's 32Red Stewards' Cup.

THE Roger Charlton-trained Thistle Bird heads ten confirmations for Saturday's Group 1 Markel Insurance Nassau Stakes at Goodwood as she bids to avenge her agonising defeat in last year's renewal. 
  • edited July 2014
    £10 sent for scoop6 syndicate.
  • edited July 2014

200 pennies sent.

Who's the chairman of selectors this week?

glgl
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SCOOP 6 CLUB -UPDATE for 2nd August 2014:
    200 pennies sent. Who's the chairman of selectors this week? glgl
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    offered it to UKjoe, waiting to hear from him, 9th will be The Rock
  • edited July 2014

£6 sent by bank transfer today
  • edited July 2014
    Back in the black again so prompted by your email i am back in for £10.  Money sent.
  • edited July 2014
    welcome back big shann
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry to be a pain Terry. But I've sent u £50 to cover 2nd - 30th of Aug, as I'll be flying around like a mad un the next few weeks. Poker in Notts, quick holiday in Majorca, before flying direct to Bsrcelona for the EPT. Oh yes, a little brag, binked a seat for it on line last night. 
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry to be a pain Terry. But I've sent u £50 to cover 2nd - 30th of Aug, as I'll be flying around like a mad un the next few weeks. Poker in Notts, quick holiday in Majorca, before flying direct to Bsrcelona for the EPT. Oh yes, a little brag, binked a seat for it on line last night. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well done mate and hopefully we will increase your money whilst you are away
  • edited August 2014
    money sent,sorry its so late
  • edited August 2014

Have you received my £6 Terry? I sent y/day but front page has not been updated with it being received.
  • edited August 2014
    Have you received my £6 Terry? I sent y/day but front page has not been updated with it being received.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    received and didn't have time to update. is updated now.

Welcvome back to the Dart and Big shann.

UKjoe confirmed he is picking but he also wants assistance.
    Father V
  • edited August 2014
    Race 1 : 2:05 Goodwood
    Race 2 : 2:20 Newmarket 
    Race 3 : 2:40 Goodwood
    Race 4 : 2:55 Newmarket 
    Race 5 : 3:15 Goodwood
    Race 6 : 3:50 Goodwood 

races for people to help UKjoe with tomoz
  • edited August 2014
    Race 1 : 2:05 Goodwood Race 2 : 2:20 Newmarket  Race 3 : 2:40 Goodwood Race 4 : 2:55 Newmarket  Race 5 : 3:15 Goodwood Race 6 : 3:50 Goodwood  races for people to help UKjoe with tomoz
    Posted by vaigret
    5 out of 6 placed last week was rubbish. #justsaying
  • edited August 2014
    2.05 barnet fair been backed already we the firms that have open up
    2.20 mr bossy boots
    2.40 rainbow rock
    2.55 enlace banker also wel backed
    3.15 mango diva
    3.50 intrinsic
  • edited August 2014
    my initial thoughts but must review what trainers say in RP in morning.

2.05 Tatlisu, Stepping Out, Daylight, Kinglami and Confessional
    2.20 Enraptured - if any horse was given a race first time out to win next time ie today this was the one.
    2.40 Rainbow Rock
    2.55 Enlace , new providence-This nursery usually won by horse that is way above nursery class,  JWonder who won at Goodwood today and has run in guineas this year won it last year. Both these horses been heavily backed.
    3.15 sultanita
    3.50 boomerang bob, muthmir, intrinsic, discussion to follow
  • edited August 2014
    might have to go with a couple of bankers to cover enough in other races
  • edited August 2014
    Latest information to help with selections:
    MUTHMIR created a tremendous impression when barely coming off the bridle to slam a useful York field last Saturday and is an "improver with the right profile" as he bids to win the 32Red Stewards' Cup at Goodwood on Saturday.

William Haggas, who trains SkyBet Dash winner Muthmir and also runs last year's winner Rex Imperator, will be bidding for a third success in this prestigious handicap in seven years, having also won it with Conquest in 2008.
    Intrinsic, who just missed the cut for the Wokingham when heavily punted ante-post, is seeking a third successive victory this season after wins over the Goodwood course and distance and at Ascot.