You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ukpc

2»

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc:
    In Response to Re: ukpc : The matter was discussed in detail in the other thread. Might be worth looking at that thread to see the points raised. The reality is that sky doesn't have a very sophisticated sat system for a large buy in re entry tournament. What about people wanting to fire more than one bullet but who want to qualify for these entries? You can say they could get awarded a tournament token for another £1k sky event but its not like there are large amounts of these. Also, do you have the same view for all sats on sky eg mains etc?
    Posted by MattBates
    yeah.i saw the thread,
    as for the other sats.i never play them,i always buy straight into the main events.im very lazy:-)
  • edited July 2014
    I agree with lovejunky 100% and I also think that people should only be allowed to enter sats twice a month.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc : yeah.i saw the thread, as for the other sats.i never play them,i always buy straight into the main events.im very lazy:-)
    Posted by lovejunky

hi junky

this is not written to be critical of you.  i am trying to work out why you were making this point in the way that you do.  what was in it for you?  i was baffled until now.  i read your last post and it became clear.

you know the thing about turkeys not voting for xmas, for poker players i guess it is a case of voting for what acts in your favour.  more accurately, you do not vote for things that are against your interests.  is this really what you are doing?

now remember this is no criticism.  in fact, more the opposite.

i read your other thread about your play in the wsop main event over the past few days.  excellent play and i was interested to follow your progress.  i read your comment now about paying straight into the main event on skypoker.  i guess that you choose to afford to do this and is fine.

the reason why you write (your turkey for xmas position) is that you intend to buy in directly to dtd and that you want more weaker players through to the spt final so that you might play against them in nottingham?

that makes sense and now i understand.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc : hi junky this is not written to be critical of you.  i am trying to work out why you were making this point in the way that you do.  what was in it for you?  i was baffled until now.  i read your last post and it became clear. you know the thing about turkeys not voting for xmas, for poker players i guess it is a case of voting for what acts in your favour.  more accurately, you do not vote for things that are against your interests.  is this really what you are doing? now remember this is no criticism.  in fact, more the opposite. i read your other thread about your play in the wsop main event over the past few days.  excellent play and i was interested to follow your progress.  i read your comment now about paying straight into the main event on skypoker.  i guess that you choose to afford to do this and is fine. the reason why you write (your turkey for xmas position) is that you intend to buy in directly to dtd and that you want more weaker players through to the spt final so that you might play against them in nottingham? that makes sense and now i understand.
    Posted by aussie09
    i like your thinking aussie!
    its not true though,i intend too try and sat for notttingham,prob start from the semis.
    you know,i just believe poker should attract all mix of players,of all abilities,for a fair chance of getting through to a big event.it just seems really unjust to me that experienced players on here,who have already locked up a seat,are allowed to play these sats for cash.
  • edited July 2014
    I agree with lovejunky 100% and I also think that people should only be allowed to enter sats twice a month.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    thank you very much my friend! its good to find someone who agrees with my point of view.
    i assure you,if i got a seat ,i would not play another qualifier,out of respect to those still trying to enter.
    i find it slightly disrespectful to them.
    i wont mention no names ,but if certain players on here,saw in the final lobby,on a sunday,the names 
    tommyd,matt bates,offshoot,scotty77,senor begs,launder,style2737,rosiedog,coxylboro.
    trust me pal,they wouldnt be paying £220,to try and bankroll it to £1000!
  • edited July 2014
    lol disrespectful
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc : thank you very much my friend! its good to find someone who agrees with my point of view. i assure you,if i got a seat ,i would not play another qualifier,out of respect to those still trying to enter. i find it slightly disrespectful to them. i wont mention no names ,but if certain players on here,saw in the final lobby,on a sunday,the names  tommyd,matt bates,offshoot,scotty77,senor begs,launder,style2737,rosiedog,coxylboro. trust me pal,they wouldnt be paying £220,to try and bankroll it to £1000!
    Posted by lovejunky
    Hello Mr Junky, or if I may be familiar, "Love".

Think you precisely make the point there.

I'd not fancy paying £220 to take on that list of players. Them are wayyy too good.

But like most of the "small guys" here, I'd not pay £220 either. I'd invest a fiver in Satellites & the like, & get in that way, or not at all.

Now them there Big Boys all pay £220 a pop.

I like my odds there, lining up with my fiver seat against them Big Boys. Those are tidy odds, & you know what, with a bit of run-good, & the magic of poker, I might just win me a £1,000 seat. 

The current satellite structure, with £5,000 of seats guaranteed every Sunday, could & would not work if the "Repeats" were barred. I'm not sure any Online Poker Sites do it much different really.

Back in the day.......Sky Poker ran Viva Las Vegas here. It was the same then, except the packages were worth a whopping £10,000. And the same thing happened as is happening with the UKPC.

A "Little Guy" - well, young lady actually, called Sue Norsden - qualified in to the Monthly Final for a Tenner or whatever. (Think the Monthly Final seats cost £1,000 a pop to buy-in direct). 

She had to beat all the Big Boys. And she did.

Then she went to Las Vegas, played the WSOP Main Event with the money she won, & cashed for around $34,000.

And that is just how poker works.  

Little Guys don't get eaten by Big Guys at High Limit Cash Tables, as we can't afford to play them, so we don't. Money keeps us apart.

Satellite Structures bring us all together. And the Little Guys get the right odds.

I know you are being sincere, & believe in your case, but I just don't think poker works like that.

PS - Well done on your efforts in Vegas. You did a lot better than I did this year, for sure.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc : Hello Mr Junky, or if I may be familiar, "Love". Think you precisely make the point there. I'd not fancy paying £220 to take on that list of players. Them are wayyy too good. But like most of the "small guys" here, I'd not pay £220 either. I'd invest a fiver in Satellites & the like, & get in that way, or not at all. Now them there Big Boys all pay £220 a pop.   I like my odds there, lining up with my fiver seat against them Big Boys. Those are tidy odds, & you know what, with a bit of run-good, & the magic of poker, I might just win me a £1,000 seat.  The current satellite structure, with £5,000 of seats guaranteed every Sunday, could & would not work if the "Repeats" were barred. I'm not sure any Online Poker Sites do it much different really. Back in the day.......Sky Poker ran Viva Las Vegas here. It was the same then, except the packages were worth a whopping £10,000. And the same thing happened as is happening with the UKPC. A "Little Guy" - well, young lady actually, called Sue Norsden - qualified in to the Monthly Final for a Tenner or whatever. (Think the Monthly Final seats cost £1,000 a pop to buy-in direct).  She had to beat all the Big Boys. And she did. Then she went to Las Vegas, played the WSOP Main Event with the money she won, & cashed for around $34,000.   And that is just how poker works.   Little Guys don't get eaten by Big Guys at High Limit Cash Tables, as we can't afford to play them, so we don't. Money keeps us apart. Satellite Structures bring us all together. And the Little Guys get the right odds.   I know you are being sincere, & believe in your case, but I just don't think poker works like that. PS - Well done on your efforts in Vegas. You did a lot better than I did this year, for sure.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the post tikay , the wsop was great fun, despite not cashing .
    I take your comments on board , I too , like to hear of fairytale roll ups ,
    From small buy in Sats , too large events , unfortunately they don't happen too often though .
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: ukpc : Thanks for the post tikay , the wsop was great fun, despite not cashing . I take your comments on board , I too , like to hear of fairytale roll ups , From small buy in Sats , too large events , unfortunately they don't happen too often though .
    Posted by lovejunky
    Thanks Love.

Vegas is ALWAYS fun, for poker, it's the boss.

I've no idea if Sky Poker will do Viva Las Vegas next year, or if I'll still be around if they do, but I hope they do, as Vegas poker is the greatest, especially with a bunch of quallies from Sky Poker.