You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Been thinking of her all day and as time has gone on got more and more worried, so i want to say text, but thats probably me being selfish I think it would probably be best to wait
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;):
    I think you should wait Tikay.  I too am not a parent so I may not be the best person to take advce from, but today would have been extremely tough for Emma & Ian.  I would just give them some space until tomorrow at least.
    Posted by TommyD
    agreed,give them time and space they will let you sooner or later
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;) : as a parent i second that .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    agreed
  • edited January 2010
    yep they may have had problems ,

and need time to themselves
  • edited January 2010
    I think you should wait Tikay.  I too am not a parent so I may not be the best person to take advce from, but today would have been extremely tough for Emma & Ian.  I would just give them some space until tomorrow at least.
    Posted by TommyD
    + 1 I used to be an awful worrier about anything and everything! All you do is mess yourself up and you cant change anything so just like poker - patience, patience patience and yes I'm sure everything will be fine, we are just down the queue a little bit :-)
  • edited January 2010

I really don't know what to do now, but, for better or worse, I went with Phil's suggestion for a discretely worded Text, & have sent it.
  • edited January 2010
    As a parent Tikay, I would put it down to forgetting. I would prob also appreciate a text as it goes outside the 'family bubble' that they have prob had all day.  Even if u just text ' all of sky thinking of u' rather than asking how it went.
    Posted by phil12uk
    As Phil's the only person so far in this 'mini-thread.' to declare himself a parent so you've got to really respect his advice on this.  Good suggestion Phil.

I guess the non parents amoung us are thinking of waiting as the fear of doing something that may be wrong outways the want for us to take a chance of doing the something that's right.

Go with Phil's suggestion Tikay.

Good vibes and prayers all the way
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;) : As Phil's the only person so far in this 'mini-thread.' to declare himself a parent so you've got to really respect his advice on this.  Good suggestion Phil. I guess the non parents amoung us are thinking of waiting as the fear of doing something that may be wrong outways the want for us to take a chance of doing the something that's right. Go with Phil's suggestion Tikay. Good vibes and prayers all the way
    Posted by TommyD
    + 1
  • edited January 2010
    jezzzzus i dont know i change my mind twice already.

ok well done tk .
  • edited January 2010
    I must admit, as a parent, I would apreiate a text
  • edited January 2010
    I must admit, as a parent, I would apreiate a text
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hey Barry.  In my reply I know I said Phil was the only parent in the mini-thread so far.  This was because I started my reply before a load of others popped up very quickly (yours included).  Just thought I'd pop down a quick post to apologise for any offence caused, none was intended.
  • edited January 2010
    Phil's suggestion is an excellent one and I'm pleased you followed it. Looking forward to hearing good news.
  • edited January 2010
    Even I'm stuck for words now, just hope
  • edited January 2010

I sent the Text, but have not had a reply, & given that it's 11.15pm, it's unlikely I will now, tonight.

It's quite probable/possible (views please?) that Emma is staying overnight at the Hossie, & I don't believe Moby's are permitted in Hossies? So she will not have seen it, if that scenario is correct.
  • edited January 2010

My text said.......

"Hi Emma. On behalf of all of Lauren's friends here at Sky Poker, we hope today went well, and Lauren is OK".

It's so lovely that so many of you want to help carry this worry.
  • edited January 2010
    My text said....... "Hi Emma. On behalf of all of Lauren's friends here at Sky Poker, we hope today went well, and Lauren is OK". It's so lovely that so many of you want to help carry this worry.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This shows THE side of Sky Poker!! That's why I love this site and community.
  • edited January 2010
    Yes  thats fine TK  and your right  they would  probably stay anyway  without the weather factor  so no probs .. good job  just  be patient now   :)  barry
  • edited January 2010
    hi Tikay, well done mate---on most mobiles you can set it to give you a delivery report--then you will know if they have got the text
  • edited January 2010
    I sent the Text, but have not had a reply, & given that it's 11.15pm, it's unlikely I will now, tonight. It's quite probable/possible (views please?) that Emma is staying overnight at the Hossie, & I don't believe Moby's are permitted in Hossies? So she will not have seen it, if that scenario is correct.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its quite ikely that she is staying at the hospital with Emma and also likely that she has switched the mobile off to avoid disturbing anyone (some hospitals are pretty strict about that). She may decide to step outside at some point to check messages. Until then we'll have to sit tight and await good news.
  • edited January 2010
     Hi TK  as you said Lauren reads the other thread I have deleted my posts can you take out your one with my post in it Thank you. will keep informed through this thread. Annie x
    Posted by logdon

Will do, right now.
  • edited January 2010
    tell us when you go to bed Tikay----and a big thanks for being "some kinda guy" !
  • edited January 2010
    Yes thanks Tikay. Hopefully all has gone well and they are managing to get a couple of hours sleep. They must be emotionally drained
  • edited January 2010
    tell us when you go to bed Tikay----and a big thanks for being "some kinda guy" !
    Posted by oynutter
    It'll be a while yet, but I'd be very surprised to hear from Emma this late at night. So "stand down" for the night is my advice.

Tomorrow. I've got some stuff in Town to sort first thing, & then at about 11am I set off for the daunting drive to Newcastle, no idea how long that will take in this weather.

But If I get a Text, I'll "phone-a-friend" & get them to Post the news on this Thread.

Night all.
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;) : Hey Barry.  In my reply I know I said Phil was the only parent in the mini-thread so far.  This was because I started my reply before a load of others popped up very quickly (yours included).  Just thought I'd pop down a quick post to apologise for any offence caused, none was intended.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi Tommy

No offence taken :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;) : It'll be a while yet, but I'd be very surprised to hear from Emma this late at night. So "stand down" for the night is my advice. Tomorrow. I've got some stuff in Town to sort first thing, & then at about 11am I set off for the daunting drive to Newcastle, no idea how long that will take in this weather. But If I get a Text, I'll "phone-a-friend" & get them to Post the news on this Thread. Night all.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Night tikay, safe journy
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;) : It'll be a while yet, but I'd be very surprised to hear from Emma this late at night. So "stand down" for the night is my advice. Tomorrow. I've got some stuff in Town to sort first thing, & then at about 11am I set off for the daunting drive to Newcastle, no idea how long that will take in this weather. But If I get a Text, I'll "phone-a-friend" & get them to Post the news on this Thread. Night all.
    Posted by Tikay10
    becarful on the road ,

your know those eyes of yours are old ,

tc
  • edited January 2010
    Night Tikay--take care---and thanks again-----our hero!
  • edited January 2010

Morning.

Received this text from Emma 20 minutes ago.

"Hi, thanks for the message. It was a long day and a few problems with the opoeration. We will ring you when we get home later today. x"

The operation was to replace a faulty heart pacemaker (due to problems with the pulminary (sp?) valve.)

I will let you know, directly, or via a friend if I am offline at the time, when Emma has rung me.

My instincts tell me that things are ok.
  • edited January 2010
    I sincerely hope so,

I lost most of yesterday going back between this and the shed thread to get some news.