You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;)

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MUST READ. Instruction, not request.;):
    Morning. Received this text from Emma 20 minutes ago. "Hi, thanks for the message. It was a long day and a few problems with the opoeration. We will ring you when we get home later today. x" The operation was to replace a faulty heart pacemaker (due to problems with the pulminary (sp?) valve.) I will let you know, directly, or via a friend if I am offline at the time, when Emma has rung me. My instincts tell me that things are ok.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty tk for keeping us posted,

fingers crossed.
  • edited January 2010
    Don't worry loggy, they would'nt be going home without her, so laurens ok

there are special bed and breakfast facilites at these hospitals, so if any thing is wrong, they would be staying
  • edited January 2010
        I have read the message from Emma to TK over and over and still not sure if she is saying they are all going home later today or the complication she mentioned will keep Lauren in hospital. I'm wrecked with this, not being there for her,  or able to help. The waiting for news is terrible but like TK must be positive that everything will be Ok.   Keep telling myself girls are tougher than boys and she's on the mend. Love u Lauren. xxxx
    Posted by logdon
    Hi Logdon - I've just spoken to Tikay and he's very relaxed by the text message - if there was something terribly wrong it would have been said already. Don't get worried - these operations in children are apparently less risky than in adults - and kids are very very resilient and heal very quickly in body and mind. Tikay is at the live game this weekend - I'm sure he will update though if he hears any more.
  • edited January 2010

Hi Guys,

I've arrived at Hotel Hell, in Newcastle.

I have not heard any more from Emma yet. I'll be Online all evening I expect, so the moment I hear from here, I'll let you know.
  • edited January 2010
        I have read the message from Emma to TK over and over and still not sure if she is saying they are all going home later today or the complication she mentioned will keep Lauren in hospital. I'm wrecked with this, not being there for her,  or able to help. The waiting for news is terrible but like TK must be positive that everything will be Ok.   Keep telling myself girls are tougher than boys and she's on the mend. Love u Lauren. xxxx
    Posted by logdon
    Me too. I was careful to copy the exact words (bar my spelling error) that Emma used. I'm sure all is well.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for your updates TK. The other threads still doing ok too :)
  • edited January 2010

Emma just called - Lauren is OK.

There were some issues during the Op.

Apparently, it was very difficult to attach one of the pacemaker "leads", as the heart tissue to which it attaches is unusually thin & delicate. So it took a bit of probing around, & some bruising developed.

A heart murmer was also discovered. This will need to be investigated once Lauren is back on her feet.

There was also a problem, (I never quite understood), with her "av mode", (?) though I may have got the name wrong.

So Lauren is very sore, & although she is home now, she cannot get up for 7 days. It will be 6 weeks or so before she can be considered for returning to School.

So it will be a while yet before it's clear if the Op was successful. Her main symptom was breathlessness, permanent tiredness, & lack of "go", & there is no way of knowing if that's been sorted until she is up & about.

Emma & Ian thank everyone for their support, they are very moved.

It would now do no harm, imo, to go back to Lauren's Thread & say, however you say it to a 9 year old - "well done, we are proud of you". I would think she'll be able to read it quite soon.

For now, tired, sore & a bit "out of it", she's resting.

Lauren is a special kid, & you guys ain't so bad, either.

• edited January 2010
    Thats great news Tikay, will post on her thread later,(have to go out now), hope Lauren recovers well---thanks for keeping us up to date, you're a star!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Fantastic!! Great to hear that she's home and recovering. :)

Off to post a special message for Lauren now.
  • edited January 2010
    Its great she at home now, fantastic news will keep my fingers crossed that it has worked

Gareth
  • edited January 2010

great news ty for keeping us posted .

• edited January 2010
    Great news that she's ok.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Tikay,
    I'm afraid I have only just seen this thread. Have just added my own message and wishes to Lauren and her parents, hoping it wasn't too late. Great to hear she is doing well, and great to see so many people getting involved, very heartwarming. I'm new to Sky Poker, and really impressed with the community that's been created here.
    All the best, Stuart.
  • igeige
    edited January 2010
    thats great news
  • edited January 2010

Some of the Posts on Lauren's thread will make you well up. The most unexpected people have Posted THE most moving messages. Do try & read them, please,

No moaning minnies there!
  • edited January 2010
    So glad that things are on the up for Lauren, Mum and Dad......that feeling of helplessness that I am sure they will have had as parents is one of the worst feelings....but I hope that it quickly is replaced by optimism about the future....stay beautiful Lauren....
  • edited January 2010
    Kindest thread I've ever seen, welldone Tikay you have a heart of gold and some truly lovely posts by the Sky poker community - welldone everyone. I truly wish Lauren and her family all the best for the future and what a lovely brave young girl she really is. Really moving stuff. If you haven't posted already, please take the time and effort to do so it will make someones day very special!
  • edited January 2010

IMPORTANT!

A message from Emma, & Lauren herself, is now on Lauren's thresd.

Please take a look.

I'm too busy to sort anything today, but I'm sure you guys know what to do......

• edited January 2010
      OY   Nutter  you calling me a Marsh Mallow.?   You can talk--- Your no longer a Fruit Cake  your a Sponge Cake.????  Now everybody NOSE.!!                  
    Posted by logdon
    LOL--nice one loggy---I'm only a part-time softy--you're as soft as a feather that was put in a silk bag and washed in lenor, then covered with johnsons baby oil, and put on a babies bottom to soften it up a bit --and then tumble dried with special soft air from Tibet, and sent to softeners r us for two weeks!