You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hmmm Coincidence

edited February 2010 in Area 51
In Response to Hmmm Coincidence:
After posting a few complaints in Area 51 over the last 6 months complaining about the standard of play, the amount of bad beats etc. I said that I play on Betfred and Pokerstars and much prefer these sites. Coincidently over the last 6 months my Betfred connection has been getting worse and worse, I have e-mailed them quite a few times spoke to them on live help every time there has been no problems their end. I'm getting disconnected evey 2-3 mins I'm asking players at the table are they having any probs and none are. Tried everything that Betfred have e-mailed and told me to do, nothing has worked. Today I couldn't even login! Never ever had any problems with pokerstars and now i'm getting disconnected on there! And guess who my ISP is oh yes it's Sky. I have e-mailed them numerous times, same again done everything they have said nothing that they have done has helped. There is nothing wrong with my set-up as I can surf the net without any problems, I have a decent pc only about 2 years old, one of those medion pc's from Aldi. Even wired my pc to my router and that didn't help. Hmmmm coincidence.
Posted by hoyski
checked 4 spyware/malware viruses etc. know its obvious but who knows..any1 u know where u could connect ur pc 2 their router ..or just try connecting 2 ur account through their pc

Comments

• edited January 2010
    After posting a few complaints in Area 51 over the last 6 months complaining about the standard of play, the amount of bad beats etc. I said that I play on Betfred and Pokerstars and much prefer these sites. Coincidently over the last 6 months my Betfred connection has been getting worse and worse, I have e-mailed them quite a few times spoke to them on live help every time there has been no problems their end. I'm getting disconnected evey 2-3 mins I'm asking players at the table are they having any probs and none are. Tried everything that Betfred have e-mailed and told me to do, nothing has worked. Today I couldn't even login! Never ever had any problems with pokerstars and now i'm getting disconnected on there! And guess who my ISP is oh yes it's Sky. I have e-mailed them numerous times, same again done everything they have said nothing that they have done has helped. There is nothing wrong with my set-up as I can surf the net without any problems, I have a decent pc only about 2 years old, one of those medion pc's from Aldi. Even wired my pc to my router and that didn't help. Hmmmm coincidence.

Can anybody reccomend a good Internet Service Provider
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010

Make sure if you have a wireless network, that its password protected so you dont get people leeching off yours.

If you dont know how to check or set one up, let me know and will explain for you

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence:
    Make sure if you have a wireless network, that its password protected so you dont get people leeching off yours. If you dont know how to check or set one up, let me know and will explain for you
    Posted by EEN
    It's password protected and fully secure. also i wired it up to my router and that made no difference. thanks anyhoo
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Hmmm Coincidence : checked 4 spyware/malware viruses etc. know its obvious but who knows..any1 u know where u could connect ur pc 2 their router ..or just try connecting 2 ur account through their pc
    Posted by philmenow
    Cheers m8, i do spyware scans on a daily basis, and virus scan weekly. I don't think it's my pc, as my wife has a pretty newish laptop about a year old and i play on that and have exactly the same problem. I might go to  one of my mates houses and try it there. I need really to try it at a few different mates houses with different Internet Service Providers including Sky.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : Cheers m8, i do spyware scans on a daily basis, and virus scan weekly. I don't think it's my pc, as my wife has a pretty newish laptop about a year old and i play on that and have exactly the same problem. I might go to  one of my mates houses and try it there. I need really to try it at a few different mates houses with different Internet Service Providers including Sky.
    Posted by hoyski
    iv got a new laptop,and the only poker site i can use is sky coz its browser based,as soon as i try 2 install downloaded setup files pc just shuts evrything leaving me bak at desktop..or says i need 2 connect 2 interenet..alll the forums say i probly need 2 connect lappie 2 router by cable,totally defeating the reason i got a lappie,poker on the karzee,lol.technology,its a wonderful thing.gl m8.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : iv got a new laptop,and the only poker site i can use is sky coz its browser based,as soon as i try 2 install downloaded setup files pc just shuts evrything leaving me bak at desktop..or says i need 2 connect 2 interenet..alll the forums say i probly need 2 connect lappie 2 router by cable,totally defeating the reason i got a lappie,poker on the karzee,lol.technology,its a wonderful thing.gl m8.
    Posted by philmenow
    nightmare, unfortunately i have had betfred set up on the laptop for over a year and no problems until recently.
    playing on the karzee lol puts a whole new meaning to "having a s hit hand"
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by hoyski
    hi hoyski i am with talk talk and apart from my hand auto folding after moving tables when i am UTG i have no probs at all.dav
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by hoyski
    i have aol and get the usual sky probs..folding cards before i get to see them etc(if i play two tables) which i dont now.
    i play on betfred a lot and since they updated im ok,except 2 weeks ago when i got refused my rebuy and kicked out of tourny,this happened to about 20 players but when i emailed fred they said it was my fault  lol...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : nightmare, unfortunately i have had betfred set up on the laptop for over a year and no problems until recently. playing on the karzee lol puts a whole new meaning to "having a s hit hand"
    Posted by hoyski
    the karzee is the perfect enviroment for poker,peace,solitude,the gentle splash of water evry so often,im sure in the not 2 distant future poker tables will have commodes instead of seats...ploppypoker.com
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : the karzee is the perfect enviroment for poker,peace,solitude,the gentle splash of water evry so often,im sure in the not 2 distant future poker tables will have commodes instead of seats...ploppypoker.com
    Posted by philmenow
    Lol I'm with you we'll take it to the Dragon's Den and see how much they'll invest.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : i have aol and get the usual sky probs..folding cards before i get to see them etc(if i play two tables) which i dont now. i play on betfred a lot and since they updated im ok,except 2 weeks ago when i got refused my rebuy and kicked out of tourny,this happened to about 20 players but when i emailed fred they said it was my fault  lol...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    i know how you feel mate they told me to keep the lobby closed and that would help lmao what a load of rubbish. I used to play a few at once and like I have said had no trouble up until the last few months. No probs with connection on Sky poker tho hmmm fishy
  • edited January 2010
    I am with Sky, on the no frills, cheapy, free broadband and play on lots of other sites without issue.

Download a registry fixer like Glary or Advanced system care.

My lappy is also less than a year old but Advanced system care found over 10,000 registry faults. Since I ran it, my system does run a lot smoother.

The trial version of Advanced System care is pretty good.

I only use my laptop for poker and emails only. Don't clog up your drives with music, videos and rubbish like that. If necessary, invest in some memory sticks to get all the excess onto these from your hard drive. I find everything counts when it comes to speed and performance.
  • edited January 2010
    Make sure if you have a wireless network, that its password protected so you dont get people leeching off yours. If you dont know how to check or set one up, let me know and will explain for you
    Posted by EEN
    Hi,
    I have wireless network but not sure if its protected.
    How do you check this out?
  • edited January 2010
    The best deals are without doubt on Utility Warehouse Discount Club. £19.99 a month gets you wireless router, internet access, free email accounts, free phonecalls 24/7 and a complete internet security system for an extra £2 a month. They also have some free laptop deals if you sign up with them. They are also the cheapest for your mobile phone, Gas and Electric. We get calls from other utility providers and when we say we're with UW they just politely go away saying we can't compete with that. They don't appear on any comparison websites so just google it and an agent will call you.

Any probs PM me and I'll get it sorted for you.

I never have disconnections or slow running and multi table and multi-site every day.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : Hi, I have wireless network but not sure if its protected. How do you check this out?
    Posted by torryboy
    Torry, sorry for late reply, was working late yesterday and only just seen this, will PM you today matey
  • edited January 2010
    The best deals are without doubt on Utility Warehouse Discount Club. £19.99 a month gets you wireless router, internet access, free email accounts, free phonecalls 24/7 and a complete internet security system for an extra £2 a month. They also have some free laptop deals if you sign up with them. They are also the cheapest for your mobile phone, Gas and Electric. We get calls from other utility providers and when we say we're with UW they just politely go away saying we can't compete with that. They don't appear on any comparison websites so just google it and an agent will call you. Any probs PM me and I'll get it sorted for you. I never have disconnections or slow running and multi table and multi-site every day.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks Elsa
  • edited January 2010
    The best deals are without doubt on Utility Warehouse Discount Club. £19.99 a month gets you wireless router, internet access, free email accounts, free phonecalls 24/7 and a complete internet security system for an extra £2 a month. They also have some free laptop deals if you sign up with them. They are also the cheapest for your mobile phone, Gas and Electric. We get calls from other utility providers and when we say we're with UW they just politely go away saying we can't compete with that. They don't appear on any comparison websites so just google it and an agent will call you. Any probs PM me and I'll get it sorted for you. I never have disconnections or slow running and multi table and multi-site every day.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks also elsa,as soon as my contract expires with talk talk i will pm you for the details again.dav
  • edited January 2010
    NP Dave and Hoyski ................  Any probs and I'll see what I can do.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    I'm also with Utility Warehouse. FANTASTIC! I have gas, electricity, home phone, mobile and broadband with them. My total bill is around £65 per month!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : I'm also with Utility Warehouse. FANTASTIC! I have gas, electricity, home phone, mobile and broadband with them. My total bill is around £65 per month!!!
    Posted by Seagull158
    I should also add that my sister works for Utility Warehouse and if anybody wants to check them out just PM me and I will give you her contact detaiis or you could take a look at minibills.co.uk
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : I should also add that my sister works for Utility Warehouse and if anybody wants to check them out just PM me and I will give you her contact detaiis or you could take a look at minibills.co.uk
    Posted by Seagull158
    lol u and els on commission lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : lol u and els on commission lol
    Posted by hoyski
    No but she is and she owes me money!!!
  • edited January 2010
    No, I was just trying to save you all some money, that's why I said to google it. It doesn't matter who you go with if you save money.
  • edited January 2010
    No, I was just trying to save you all some money, that's why I said to google it. It doesn't matter who you go with if you save money.
    Posted by elsadog
    I was only joking :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Hmmm Coincidence:
    After posting a few complaints in Area 51 over the last 6 months complaining about the standard of play, the amount of bad beats etc. I said that I play on Betfred and Pokerstars and much prefer these sites. Coincidently over the last 6 months my Betfred connection has been getting worse and worse, I have e-mailed them quite a few times spoke to them on live help every time there has been no problems their end. I'm getting disconnected evey 2-3 mins I'm asking players at the table are they having any probs and none are. Tried everything that Betfred have e-mailed and told me to do, nothing has worked. Today I couldn't even login! Never ever had any problems with pokerstars and now i'm getting disconnected on there! And guess who my ISP is oh yes it's Sky. I have e-mailed them numerous times, same again done everything they have said nothing that they have done has helped. There is nothing wrong with my set-up as I can surf the net without any problems, I have a decent pc only about 2 years old, one of those medion pc's from Aldi. Even wired my pc to my router and that didn't help. Hmmmm coincidence. Can anybody reccomend a good Internet Service Provider
    Posted by hoyski
    I have now cancelled my sky ISP, and moved to a different ISP and so far so good no disconnections on my other poker sites. Obviously nothing wrong with the betfred site (which sky said there might be), nothing wrong with my pc (which I knew). Really wonder why Sky Broadband could not get to the bottom of this, hmmmm fishy
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Hmmm Coincidence : I have now cancelled my sky ISP, and moved to a different ISP and so far so good no disconnections on my other poker sites. Obviously nothing wrong with the betfred site (which sky said there might be), nothing wrong with my pc (which I knew). Really wonder why Sky Broadband could not get to the bottom of this, hmmmm fishy
    Posted by hoyski
    but why would a massif company like SLY do that.sound familiar??
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : but why would a massif company like SLY do that.sound familiar??
    Posted by philmenow
    Lol, sounds too familiar. It just might be that Sky broadband is pants their technical help is pants and there is nothing fishy at all!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : Thanks also elsa,as soon as my contract expires with talk talk i will pm you for the details again.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Hey dav1964...looks like it might be cheaper to stay with talk talk...follow link to Guardian article!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/dec/05/utility-warehouse-telecom-plus-distributor

That said, i'm off to see if my utility bills are any cheaper...it cost's nothing to look right?

Cheers for the info Elsadog

x
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm Coincidence : Hey dav1964...looks like it might be cheaper to stay with talk talk...follow link to Guardian article!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/dec/05/utility-warehouse-telecom-plus-distributor That said, i'm off to see if my utility bills are any cheaper...it cost's nothing to look right? Cheers for the info Elsadog x
    Posted by TRIP5

Don't care if you do, don't care if you don't. Just tried to be helpful.

I've been with them for 5 years. We get utility salesmen come around occasionally and when we say who we're with they just say, ''we can't compete with them'' and leave. Don't believe everything you read in the papers. What the article fails to mention is that with any other broadband you have to pay the BT line charge of £11 on top. With UW you don't as it's included in the £19.99 a month. So your getting broadband and all UK phone calls for £8.99 a month.

We have a 4 bedroom house with gas c/h and our bill for:  gas, electric, home phone (including all calls and BT line charge), wireless broadband (that rarely if ever fails on sky) 1 mobile and a free-phone number is under £200 a month. I haven't found any combination of suppliers to come near that.

Happy hunting but make sure you understand all the small print they add on top of the headline price.