You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"£10 MTT entry please". "Fine, that'll be £11".

13»

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I have played online poker for quite a few years now, even before the birth of Sky Poker. I too was a bit disappointed to have to play for those funny dollar things, and felt it a bit strange to be paying $11 for a $10 tournament, but I soon got used to it and actually saw the advantages. Back in those days a 10 player S&g for $10 paid $50/$30/$20 so much easier to work out than if the prizepool content is $9-00 or $9.10.
    If you cahnge it frm £10.00+£1-00 to £9.10 + £0.90, then you are in effect just playing for less, but it sounds better. If you change it to £9.00 + £1.00 you are then not omly playing for less but paying more in rake.
    I tend to just play for fun nowadays, and play any reasonable stake from 1p to £50, it just needs to be playing when I want it too and it is something I wish to play. If the rake is too high I go elsewhere.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: "£10 MTT entry please". "Fine, that'll be £11".:
    I have played online poker for quite a few years now, even before the birth of Sky Poker. I too was a bit disappointed to have to play for those funny dollar things, and felt it a bit strange to be paying $11 for a $10 tournament, but I soon got used to it and actually saw the advantages. Back in those days a 10 player S&g for $10 paid $50/$30/$20 so much easier to work out than if the prizepool content is $9-00 or $9.10. If you cahnge it frm £10.00+£1-00 to £9.10 + £0.90, then you are in effect just playing for less, but it sounds better. If you change it to £9.00 + £1.00 you are then not omly playing for less but paying more in rake. I tend to just play for fun nowadays, and play any reasonable stake from 1p to £50, it just needs to be playing when I want it too and it is something I wish to play. If the rake is too high I go elsewhere.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    The thing is Gary, it is an $11 tournament. End of story. Once you start thinking about it that way, you're golden.
  • edited July 2014
    Mr Kendall sir

I hope you dont think my original post was having a dig at you because it was not meant to be like that. I would never do that to the man of the people, the fount of knowledge and the person who is the cement in our poker foundations. 

On another note if you could have a word with the manual intervation guy who operates the shuffling machine to put in a good word for me I would be eternally grateful.

• edited July 2014
    It looks like they're trialling Tikay's idea in tonight's Mini.  Seems a weird way to go about testing it, as although I'm annoyed the Mini now has a smaller buy-in, I'll still play it if I'm playing the Main.  Surely it would be better to just create a new trial tournament to get a gauge on how many people actualy want to play with rounded numbers...
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Bit of a moot point now.
  • edited July 2014
    Mr Kendall sir I hope you dont think my original post was having a dig at you because it was not meant to be like that. I would never do that to the man of the people, the fount of knowledge and the person who is the cement in our poker foundations.  On another note if you could have a word with the manual intervation guy who operates the shuffling machine to put in a good word for me I would be eternally grateful.
    Posted by dabossman
    Not at all Mr Bossman, your post was polite & with no irony or sarcasm, so I never saw it a a "dig" at all. 

How could I not but admire "cement in poker foundations"?, though I must correct you, you mean concrete, not cement. Cement is merely an ingredient of concrete. I should have mentioned that previously I suppose.  

The only thing I needed to point out was that you said I could "challenge" the suits, & it's not for me to challenge them. Ask them, make them aware, yes yes, but not challenge them.

Lol @ that "manual intervention" thing. All these "it is rigged" threads do grate a little. But that chap suggested he was losing because someone was "manually intervening" the RNG. I just keep thinking of all the hundreds of staff needed, to sit there 24/7, watching flops, & "manually intervening" to alter the flops. When I think how much it costs to employ ONE staff member, & then think how much Sky Poker would profit from altering flops, I need to go sit in a dark room for a while & ponder on the meaning of life. 

Each to their own & all that I suppose, but we do live in strange times
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: "£10 MTT entry please". "Fine, that'll be £11". : Bit of a moot point now.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Err, yes, that went well.....

Shakespeare must have had a saying for such matters.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: "£10 MTT entry please". "Fine, that'll be £11". : Well I meant voice it to the powers that be who set the limits. I'm sure people on here who play the micro cash and small stakes MTTs would be in agreement but there's not much they or I can do apart from play somewhere else. However a mention to the powers that be from TK might help
    Posted by salazar
    That I doubt very much as I have no clout in such matters these days, but in actual fact I don't disagree with what they do, because I think I understand WHY they do it. There is a reason for everything. That's not to say I don't sympathise, because I do.

Anyway, I'll start a discussion thread tomorrow.

Have a lovely Sunday.

• edited July 2014
    I have played online poker for quite a few years now, even before the birth of Sky Poker. I too was a bit disappointed to have to play for those funny dollar things, and felt it a bit strange to be paying $11 for a $10 tournament, but I soon got used to it and actually saw the advantages. Back in those days a 10 player S&g for $10 paid $50/$30/$20 so much easier to work out than if the prizepool content is $9-00 or $9.10. If you cahnge it frm £10.00+£1-00 to £9.10 + £0.90, then you are in effect just playing for less, but it sounds better. If you change it to £9.00 + £1.00 you are then not omly playing for less but paying more in rake. I tend to just play for fun nowadays, and play any reasonable stake from 1p to £50, it just needs to be playing when I want it too and it is something I wish to play. If the rake is too high I go elsewhere.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Hi Gary,

Sorry to keep returning to this, but that is not correct, as I've stated several times. It has nothing to do with increasing the % of Reg Fee by stealth or any other means.

Last night's ill-fated Mini was set up as £4.55 + £0.45, not £4.50 plus £0.50. So the Reg Fee % remained unchanged.