You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rigged

2»

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged:
    In Response to Re: rigged : I've read that one before. It was expained as " so the software can find the right card ". Some sites actually deliberately programme a slight pause before the river card to heighten the dramatic effect, actually.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Indeed. I've read that nonsense about finding a card (from someone who clearly knows absolutely nothing about computers). I guess this in-depth study will have far more sound theories....

• edited October 2014
    In Response to rigged : Although, it is interesting that a group of statisticians and a Univeristy professor of I.T have been studying SKY Poker for some time. And they are nearly at the end of their recent study into SKY Poker's claim that their RNG ( Randomn Number Generator) is completely fair and their site is licensed by the Aldernay gaming Board. Intersesting also that this site was inspected some years ago by said gaming borad and not in recent years. Although the findings are some weeks away from publish, it appears that there is more than a small margin of doubt over the fairness of this site. The odds of the numbers of bad beats, delayed river card delivery and almost impossible suck outs is spurious to say the le ast. There is also curious coralation between the time of Withdrawing a certain amount of money against what you have bought in for, and the number of times that bad beats seem to occur in short succession after said withdrawals. As for SKY favourites as it were, lets just say it is believed by many thatthis practice goes on, SKY need a core of players that are successful on here to uphold their name and be their fanfare as it were. Think about it, if there werent the usual heroes that hit all the time on 92% of the tables that thye play at , even multitable players ( you know who you are), then where would SKY find their CHOIRBOYS ready to defend the site on the forums? Interesting...........SKY......i await with interest to see the response when this study group publish their findings..... Let's just say...VARIANCE.....just isn't gonna fly!
    Posted by Si_Pies

Hi there Kadz.  As a matter of interest, which university is the IT professor based at and how do you know what their findings are before they release the study?

Also, just because something is believed by many doesn't make it true.  A large number of people believe that the world was made in 7 days and we are all related to the same 2 people.  Doesn't make it true

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : Hi there Kadz.  As a matter of interest, which university is the IT professor based at and how do you know what their findings are before they release the study? Also, just because something is believed by many doesn't make it true.  A large number of people believe that the world was made in 7 days and we are all related to the same 2 people.  Doesn't make it true
    Posted by cenachav
    Some parts of the country are !
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : Hi there Kadz.  As a matter of interest, which university is the IT professor based at and how do you know what their findings are before they release the study? Also, just because something is believed by many doesn't make it true.  A large number of people believe that the world was made in 7 days and we are all related to the same 2 people.  Doesn't make it true
    Posted by cenachav

It doesn’t require an investigation by a group of statisticians to conclude that the hands are far from random - a little common sense will suffice.

• edited October 2014
    Lol to be honest every online poker site there is is dodgy as hell, there all just money making machines and by any means possible, i would say stop wasting your life away playing this bull and maybe give sports betting a go? At least the outcome will be determined by actual human beings competing against one another.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : It doesn’t require an investigation by a group of statisticians to conclude that the hands are far from random - a little common sense will suffice.
    Posted by somer
    I've never seen anything that would make me think that the hands aren't random.  Are you saying that I have no common sense or are you questioning the RNG?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : It doesn’t require an investigation by a group of statisticians to conclude that the hands are far from random - a little common sense will suffice.
    Posted by somer
    common sense tells us a piece of paper always has two sides - a mobius strip proves that is not the case

common sense tells us that swithcing boxes is ev neutral in the 'monty hall' problem - statistics can demonstrate that belief is wrong

common sense tells us that heavy things fall to earth faster than light things - physics tells us this is false.

more damningly, micheal buble, justin beiber, one direction and coldplay are all more popular than than the smiths ever where. what a world eh.

---

we are dumb animals, what wisdom we have, and what seperates us from all the other dumb animals in the world, comes from our recognistion that we are dumb: we know that we know zilch and we work on fixing that.

people invoking common sense havent got to that recgnition and walk in the fog of blissful ignorance like the dumb animals that they are.

if 'sense' was popularised by rationality and a rigerous searh for what is true then common sense would dictate that a rigerous examination by statisicians is the ONLY way of proving the site is/isnt rigged.

so, ner. you dumb animal.

**kisses**
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to rigged:
    mk
    Posted by dazz00730

Although, it is interesting that a group of statisticians and a Univeristy professor of I.T have been studying SKY Poker for some time. And they are nearly at the end of their recent study into SKY Poker's claim that their RNG ( Randomn Number Generator) is completely fair and their site is licensed by the Aldernay gaming Board.

Intersesting also that this site was inspected some years ago by said gaming borad and not in recent years.

Although the findings are some weeks away from publish, it appears that there is more than a small margin of doubt over the fairness of this site.

The odds of the numbers of bad beats, delayed river card delivery and almost impossible suck outs is spurious to say the le ast.

There is also curious coralation between the time of Withdrawing a certain amount of money against what you have bought in for, and the number of times that bad beats seem to occur in short succession after said withdrawals.

As for SKY favourites as it were, lets just say it is believed by many thatthis practice goes on, SKY need a core of players that are successful on here to uphold their name and be their fanfare as it were.

Think about it, if there werent the usual heroes that hit all the time on 92% of the tables that thye play at , even multitable players ( you know who you are), then where would SKY find their CHOIRBOYS ready to defend the site on the forums?

Interesting...........SKY......i await with interest to see the response when this study group publish their findings.....

Let's just say...VARIANCE.....just isn't gonna fly

FACT - I am a loosing player so you can not claim I am a sky favourite so my opinion should count for you

FACT - I am not as good at poker as winning players hence they win and I do not

FACT - Regs get "more" luck becasue they play more hands

FACT - never see a reg moaning about a bad beat so you just assume it does not happen to them

FACT -  Sky is far to big a company to ever want to try earn a quick buck (Lets face it - poker is a side business venture for them)

FACT - Phil Ivy has bad days too!

FACT - I love playing poker - and poker loves me back for that reason!  If you EVER made notes on your game and did a simple tally chart of when you won when behind and won vs ahead and lost it will balance out.

FACT - I have ran out of facts that may not be facts but are just my opinion but seeing as you can up wild statements and claim true thought I would too :-)

Run well all - see you at the tables where I will happily donate in return for an evening of entertainment

Matt
  • edited October 2014
    I love playing poker - and poker loves me back for that reason!

BOOM!

There speaks a proper poker player.

What a quote!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : Some parts of the country are !
    Posted by VespaPX

lol lol lol
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : Implying a site is rigged affects everyone.  What you are saying is that there is no point in learning cause winning a hand/tournament is already predetermined by a rigged system. Don't understand why people think they are entilted to win at poker. Perhaps its this spoon-fed generation where if something isn't as easy as clicking your fingers its someone elses issue, not yours.  People work really hard to get good at poker... much like anything else in life. If you do the right thing long term in poker you'l win money.  Its that simple.  You will not, no matter how good you are, win every hand or every tournament you enter... so expect your Aces to be cracked once in a while and be happy you got it in good, cause long term it'l work out. But as said before you have a tonne of leaks that need sorted.  And if you can't any accept that then poker isn't for you. I'm done in this thread.
    Posted by gazza127
    yeah right spoken like a true sky apologist
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : yeah right spoken like a true sky apologist
    Posted by jillyd
    That's a pretty poor retort, Jilly.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : common sense tells us a piece of paper always has two sides - a mobius strip proves that is not the case common sense tells us that swithcing boxes is ev neutral in the 'monty hall' problem - statistics can demonstrate that belief is wrong common sense tells us that heavy things fall to earth faster than light things - physics tells us this is false. more damningly, micheal buble, justin beiber, one direction and coldplay are all more popular than than the smiths ever where. what a world eh. --- we are dumb animals, what wisdom we have, and what seperates us from all the other dumb animals in the world, comes from our recognistion that we are dumb: we know that we know zilch and we work on fixing that. people invoking common sense havent got to that recgnition and walk in the fog of blissful ignorance like the dumb animals that they are. if 'sense' was popularised by rationality and a rigerous searh for what is true then common sense would dictate that a rigerous examination by statisicians is the ONLY way of proving the site is/isnt rigged. so, ner. you dumb animal. **kisses**
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Thank you for making my day teddy,if you ever write a book I would be the first in line to purchase it, wonderful prose.( if that is the correct word :) I think the saying goes don't cast your pearls amongst swine,tc and glk.

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : I've read that one before. It was expained as " so the software can find the right card ". Some sites actually deliberately programme a slight pause before the river card to heighten the dramatic effect, actually.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I always liked to believe that it was my own computer slowing things down as it was embarrassed and trying to delay showing me the one out river card that the site had 'selected'. Either that or it was scared about what was going to happen to it after I lost the pot (or should that be lost the plot?)
  • edited December 2014
    Stay away from online poker and stick to live poker works a treat for me
  • edited December 2014
    Stay away from online poker and stick to live poker works a treat for me
    Posted by mrsnacho23
    So that wasn't you playing here 5 days ago then?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : So that wasn't you playing here 5 days ago then?
    Posted by cenachav

No no no cena it couldn't have been. She said  in 2011 she wouldn't play on sky again! 

• edited December 2014
    I like cheese nachos
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged : So that wasn't you playing here 5 days ago then?
    Posted by cenachav
     yes i returned after nearly 3 years away and wished i stayed away... wont be back this time tho :)

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: rigged :  yes i returned after nearly 3 years away and wished i stayed away... wont be back this time tho :)
    Posted by mrsnacho23
    So it was someone else playing on your account in 2012 and 2013 then?