You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk.

2»

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk.:
    In Response to Re: Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk. : I can't imagine any 'pro' sets out to lose £500-£1000 in a session.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I KNOW THEY DONT START OUT TO LOSE HOWEVER, IF THEY ARE HAVING A BAD DAY AT WHAT POINT DO THEY STOP.?

sorry for the caps
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk.:
    In Response to Re: Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk. : I KNOW THEY DONT START OUT TO LOSE HOWEVER, IF THEY ARE HAVING A BAD DAY AT WHAT POINT DO THEY STOP.? sorry for the caps
    Posted by bludreid11
    I'm not in the same ballpark as some of the guests on 861 but from my experience of playing full time, you just play your hours and try to win as much as possible. Its personal choice whether you have a stop loss or not but if you can genuinely know you're playing just as good now you're 10 buyins down as you were 2 hours earlier then you can/should carry on.

If I sit down to play a session and I'm +£250 in 30 mins that won't stop me finishing the session... 1) I wanna win more and 2) you're always earning points/rakeback. Swings happen within every month so you can't just rely on running good for 30 mins and logging off, next sesh you might run terrible in the first 30 mins and be chunks down.

Can't set £££ targets for any day/week etc IMO, its just out of your control. I just set volume targets which you can control and more volume should mean a higher chance of winning.

Fwiw I set proper schedules like I'm gonna do 10am-2pm Mon -Thur and 8pm -midnight tues-sat for instance. Sometimes life things come up and I swap a shift round but generally stick to the plan
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Talk, talk. Talk about talk. Talk. Talk.:
    It seems to have escaped much positive comment on here, but Ch 861 has been busy re-inventing itself lately. One of the changes is the emphasis on a wider range of Guests. Some good, some not so. But more of them. I am friends with almost all of them, & I'm pleased to see them on the telly. I don't necessarily agree that they all warrant a Guest spot, it's a subjective thing, but I agree that it is freshening up Ch 861. It's tough to keep a Show like that fresh for 8 years, & in truth, its a miracle it has survived.   No other Site does this, & it's really quite something that Sky Poker have persisted with it. Just try & imagine how much it has cost to run over it's lifetime, it's breathtaking.  Anyway, after all that waffle, I wanted you to have prior warning of TWO Guests on this Thursday's Show.  ......   
    Posted by Tikay10
    It does seem a miracle its survived when about 6 or 7 years ago Sky must have been scraping the barrell when i myslef got invited on as a guest. Someone had dropped out but unfortanetly it was to short notice - Got asked the night before show. I was only a brk even player , playing mainly 2p/4p and the odd £5 MTT . Hence i can,t complain at any of the guests i see on the show nowadays