You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night TV on Sky Poker- The Live Show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc.

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
Question: i s Su nday the first live show of the week? O r Tuesday?   Because depending on how you view it, it's ti me for the first/second (delete as applicable ) live show of th e week.   And what a first/second show we have for you...   Filling up your screens will be.. .   Richard Orford !   The old dear!     And friend of the show and all-round SNG guru... James Atkin! And we've messed around with the form at to bring you someth ing a little different this t ime. Behold... 7pm - The final table from Sunday's £20K Summer Roller   8pm- Live action from Sky Poker's SNGs- so we get the expert take from one of Britain's best players at that format. That's James before you ask, not Tikay. 9pm-midnight Live: The Sky Poker Cup... the whole darn shooting match. Yep, we're about to go Heads Up crazy. 16 players will slug it out in a heads-up knockout fest where the runner-up gets £3K and the winner gets £5K and we'll be all over it. The 16 runners were the player last month who posted the best return on investments on sngs on Sky Poker, so the quality on display here is going to be absolutel outstanding. Prepare yourself for a heads-up masterclass! Here's the field.. .   Rank Alias Winning % S&Gs played Prize 1 Nosebleed_ 78.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 2 Redempt 73.08% 52 Place in the Last 16 3 waller02 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 4 shiftty 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 5 spennico 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 6 lundie 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 7 johnny_e 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 8 murray69 68.25% 63 Place in the Last 16 9 oldboy271 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 10 benc 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 11 Boxster 67.16% 67 Place in the Last 16 12 lions86 65.79% 76 Place in the Last 16 13 MrFish2010 65.52% 58 Place in the Last 16 14 DEL560 65.17% 89 Place in the Last 16 15 ElleJaySea 64.15% 53 Place in the Last 16 16 heddoh18 63.89% 72 Place in the Last 16   -----------------------------------------------------                      Looking like a goodie. An oldie (see Tikay) but a goodie (see everything else). And you can be a part of it. Send in your messages and hand  requests and your poker  questions for James and Tikay (especially your SNG and heads-up ones).   Also- r emember that Tuesday night is the night of our weekly Last Longer competition ! If you're p laying in the main even t t ell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter  will win a Sky Poker to urnament entry (to be announced on the night ).   And finally, let's do more of your.. .   MULTIPLE CHOICE POKER QUESTIONS TO STUMP TIKAY AND JAMES I did this last week with Karl and guest Ellie and it worked really well. So let's do it again! Think of a poker question- leave three options- (a), (b) and (c). And highl i ght the correct answer . I'll then put it to the guys and if they pick t he wrong option- you go in the hat f or a prize at the end of the night.   Stick it all on here OR email us on  skyopen@bskyb.com  or tweet us  #skypoker   Good luck with all that and I'll be seeing you 7pm on the morrow!
Posted by RICHORFORD
I seriously luckboxed my way into this.............will just be happy not to make a complete fool of myself tbh!!!

Comments

• edited August 2014

Question: Is Sunday the first live show of the week? Or Tuesday?

Because depending on how you view it, it's time for the first/second (delete as applicable) live show of the week.

And what a first/second show we have for you...

Filling up your screens will be...

Richard Orford!

The old dear!

And friend of the show and all-round SNG guru...

James Atkin!

And we've messed around with the format to bring you something a little different this time. Behold..!

7pm- The final table from Sunday's £20K Summer Roller

8pm- Live action from Sky Poker's SNGs- so we get the expert take from one of Britain's best players at that format. That's James before you ask, not Tikay.

9pm-midnight Live: The Sky Poker Cup... the whole darn shooting match.

Yep, this Tuesday night we're going mano-a-mano mental. 16 players will slug it out in a heads-up knockout fest where the runner-up gets £3K and the winner gets £5K. And we'll be all over it.

The 16 runners were the players last month who posted the best return on investments on SNGs on Sky Poker, so the quality on display here is going to be absolutely outstanding. Prepare yourself for a heads-up masterclass!

Here's the field...

Rank Alias Winning % S&Gs played Prize
    1 Nosebleed_ 78.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    2 Redempt 73.08% 52 Place in the Last 16
    3 waller02 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    4 shiftty 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    5 spennico 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    6 lundie 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    7 johnny_e 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    8 murray69 68.25% 63 Place in the Last 16
    9 oldboy271 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    10 benc 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    11 Boxster 67.16% 67 Place in the Last 16
    12 lions86 65.79% 76 Place in the Last 16
    13 MrFish2010 65.52% 58 Place in the Last 16
    14 DEL560 65.17% 89 Place in the Last 16
    15 ElleJaySea 64.15% 53 Place in the Last 16
    16 heddoh18 63.89% 72 Place in the Last 16

-----------------------------------------------------                    

Looking like a goodie. An oldie (see Tikay) but a goodie (see everything else). And you can be a part of it.

Send in your messages and hand requests and your poker questions for James and Tikay (especially your SNG and heads-up ones).

Also- take heed that Tuesday night is the night of our weekly Last Longer competition!

If you're playing in the main event tell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter will win a Sky Poker tournament entry (to be announced on the night).

And finally, let's do more of your...

MULTIPLE CHOICE POKER QUESTIONS TO STUMP TIKAY AND JAMES

I did this last week with Karl and guest Ellie and it worked a treat. So, never one not to miss the opportunity to run an idea into the ground, let's do it again! Think of a poker question- leave three options- (a), (b) and (c). And highlight the correct answer.

I'll then put it to the guys and if they pick the wrong option- you go in the hat for a prize at the end of the night.

Stick it all on here OR email us on skyopen@bskyb.com or tweet us #skypoker

Good luck with all that and I'll be seeing you 7pm on the morrow!

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
    In Response to Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!) : I seriously luckboxed my way into this.............will just be happy not to make a complete fool of myself tbh!!!
    Posted by waller02
    Come, come now Waller. I hear what you're saying about but seriously, you can't luckbox third over FIFTY sngs against the whole Sky Poker community.

I think you're underselling yourself :-)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!) : Come, come now Waller. I hear what you're saying about but seriously, you can't luckbox third over FIFTY sngs against the whole Sky Poker community. I think you're underselling yourself :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Could be tactics, I could be easing my first round opponent into a false sense of security.........or I could be (and am) just telling it how it is!! haha

Should be a great show anyway, very best of luck to the rest of the field.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!) : Could be tactics, I could be easing my first round opponent into a false sense of security.........or I could be (and am) just telling it how it is!! haha Should be a great show anyway, very best of luck to the rest of the field.
    Posted by waller02
    In which case, I've been lulling everyone into a false sense of security for the past seven years on Sky Poker. ;-)

Best of luck tomorrow!
  • edited August 2014
    In for the last longer.
  • edited August 2014
    Question for James,Who was the first Female to Win the TOP OF THE POSTS TOURNEY ON SKY POKER
  • edited August 2014
    a, irishrose, b paige55, c mrsduck
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    This for James,not a poker question, But who had to see a doctor,Because of the hot weather,and got bitten first by a mosquito,in the uk,a,Richardorford, B,Tony Kendell,c ANNA fowler
  • edited August 2014
    Last longer Rich! Will post tomorrow evening.
  • edited August 2014
    In for the last longer please Rich!! :-)
  • edited August 2014
    In for the last longer please Rich
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Tuesday night TV on Sky Poker- the live show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!) : I seriously luckboxed my way into this.............will just be happy not to make a complete fool of myself tbh!!!
    Posted by waller02
    This sounds like Rich's answer to how did you become a presenter on the show!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Tuesday Night TV on Sky Poker- The Live Show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
    Question: I s Su nday the first live show of the week? O r Tuesday?   Because depending on how you view it, it's ti me for the first/second (delete as applicable ) live show of th e week.   And what a first/second show we have for you...   Filling up your screens will be.. .   Richard Orford !   The old dear!     And friend of the show and all-round SNG guru... James Atkin! And we've messed around with the form at to bring you someth ing a little different this t ime. Behold. .! 7pm - The final table from Sunday's £20K Summer Roller   8pm- Live action from Sky Poker's SNGs- so we get the expert take from one of Britain's best players at that format. That's James before you ask, not Tikay. 9pm-midnight Live: The Sky Poker Cup... the whole darn shooting match. Yep, this Tuesday night we're going mano-a-mano mental. 16 players will slug it out in a heads-up knockout fest where the runner-up gets £3K and the winner gets £5K. And we'll be all over it.   The 16 runners were the players last month who posted the best return on investments on SNGs on Sky Poker, so the quality on display here is going to be absolutely outstanding . Prepare yourself for a heads-up masterclass!   Here's the field.. .   Rank Alias Winning % S&Gs played Prize 1 Nosebleed_ 78.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 2 Redempt 73.08% 52 Place in the Last 16 3 waller02 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 4 shiftty 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 5 spennico 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 6 lundie 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 7 johnny_e 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 8 murray69 68.25% 63 Place in the Last 16 9 oldboy271 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 10 benc 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16 11 Boxster 67.16% 67 Place in the Last 16 12 lions86 65.79% 76 Place in the Last 16 13 MrFish2010 65.52% 58 Place in the Last 16 14 DEL560 65.17% 89 Place in the Last 16 15 ElleJaySea 64.15% 53 Place in the Last 16 16 heddoh18 63.89% 72 Place in the Last 16   -----------------------------------------------------                      Looking like a goodie. An oldie (see Tikay) but a goodie (see everything else). And you can be a part of it. Send in your messages and hand  requests and your poker  questions for James and Tikay (especially your SNG and heads-up ones). Also- take heed that Tuesday night is the night of our weekly Last Longer competition ! If you're p laying in the main even t t ell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter  will win a Sky Poker to urnament entry (to be announced on the night ).   And finally, let's do more of your.. .   MULTIPLE CHOICE POKER QUESTIONS TO STUMP TIKAY AND JAMES I did this last week with Karl and guest Ellie and it worked a treat. So , ne ver one not to miss the opportunity to run an idea into the ground , let's do it again! Think of a poker question- leave three options- (a), (b) and (c). And highlight the correct answer . I'll then put it to the guys and if they pick t he wrong option- you go in the hat f or a prize at the end of the night.   Stick it all on here OR email us on  skyopen@bskyb.com  or tweet us  #skypoker   Good luck with all that and I'll be seeing you 7pm on the morrow!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Afternoon rich,
    If any part of your show tonight involves Sundays ukpc final please read my post on what happened to me on Sunday night,I posted it on the ukpc page,it may explain any inexplicable folds in late late tournament, hope your going to Nottingham,have a great day and better evening.
    Regards,
    Arthur.

• edited August 2014
    Richard, am I right to think there is no live show on Thursday? Am I also right to think that Sunday's show will be the last until two weeks today?

I am going to kick up such a stink about this if I'm right... What am I supposed to do for all that time?! Nobody ever considers how these things will affect me!!! :'-(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Atkin on the show again. Good luck to everyone in the heads up tournament. I might come up with some multiple choice questions later, when Tikay can't look at the show thread without being rumbled live on telly.

Have a great show chaps.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night TV on Sky Poker- The Live Show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
    In Response to Tuesday Night TV on Sky Poker- The Live Show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!) : Afternoon rich, If any part of your show tonight involves Sundays ukpc final please read my post on what happened to me on Sunday night,I posted it on the ukpc page,it may explain any inexplicable folds in late late tournament, hope your going to Nottingham,have a great day and better evening. Regards, Arthur.
    Posted by arthur1962
    Don't think we're showing it Arthur, but I might read your post out anyway, depending on time.

Cheers :-)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night TV on Sky Poker- The Live Show with Rich and Tikay and special guest James Atkin (inc. Last Longer Competition!):
    Richard, am I right to think there is no live show on Thursday? Am I also right to think that Sunday's show will be the last until two weeks today? I am going to kick up such a stink about this if I'm right... What am I supposed to do for all that time?! Nobody ever considers how these things will affect me !!! : ' - ( Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Atkin on the show again. Good luck to everyone in the heads up tournament. I might come up with some multiple choice questions later, when Tikay can't look at the show thread without being rumbled live on telly. Have a great show chaps.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    All I know Borin is that I'm not doing the show until a fortnight today- so I assume if I'm not doing it then they simply close everything down in mourning.

Either that, or the UKPC is on.
  • edited August 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited August 2014
    Last longer please:)
  • edited August 2014
    Last longer please. Should be a great show with James.
  • edited August 2014
    last longer please thanks :)
  • edited August 2014

last longer please

• edited August 2014
    last longer please..........

quiz.......

what are the odds of being dealt the same hand 3 times in a row in nlhe...
    A.......1/110,000
    B.......1/244,000
    c........1/64,000

answer is A :)
  • edited August 2014
    In for the last longer please (which usually means I'm the first one out lol)
  • edited August 2014
    In please for the last longer!
  • edited August 2014
    last longer please. ta
  • edited August 2014
    last longer [please
  • edited August 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford,  SIR TIKAY and Mr Atkin.

Q. What is Amarillos Slim,s real name?
    A. THOMAS AUSTIN PRESTON.
    B. THOMAS ARTHUR PRENTON.
    C. THOMAS ALBERT PRESTON.
    THE ANSWER IS A.
    All the best
    Rainman397
     P.S  cOULD YOU WISH HHYFTRFTDR ALL THE BEST ON HIS TRAVELS.
  • edited August 2014
    last longer please.
    An amazing show so far not even one sarcastic or nasty comment between Rich or TK yet. Though I expect that will change in about 35 minutes from now.
  • edited August 2014
    last longer please.......... quiz....... what are the odds of being dealt the same hand 3 times in a row in nlhe... A.......1/110,000 B.......1/244,000 c........1/64,000 answer is A :)
    Posted by cardu
    hi cardu,

the answer is (d) 1,758,275/1

hand 1 is a given.

hand 2: chance of first card being same is 2 opprtunities from 52 cards (1/26) multplied by chance of second card being the same is 1 opportunity from 51 cards (1/51).  that is 1 in 1,326.

hand 3 is the same, 1 in 1,326.

hands 1 x 2 x 3 = 1,758,276