You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
Now I know this game is not for everyone but I happen to love it so i am going to set myself a very very ambitious target. My aim is to turn £20 into £5k. Yes I know what your thinking, he is deluded, it can't happen, well I won't know until I try. You can follow my progress here as I will be updating my progress and trials and tribulations along the way. Below is how I intend to get to this massive target.

£20-£100 = £2.10 hi lo heads up
£100-£300 = £2.10 hi lo heads up and £3.30 hi lo dyms
£300-2k = all above plus £5.25 heads up and £5.50 hi lo dyms
2k-5k = all above plus £10.50 heads up

So how long will it last, will I be beaten in a day or two or will I be able to get my teath into this, only time will tell, and hopefully it will go some way to promoting the beautiful game of Omaha hi lo. I hope the lovely community support me in this and come say hi on the tables sometimes. :)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    All the best with this! Will be following. No idea how to play the game but some of the graphs I see from regs are mighty impressive. Hope you get off to a quick start 
  • edited August 2014
    Gl - probably see you at the tables at some point.
  • edited August 2014
    Pretty sure I've already completed this challenge..... oh no hang on, mine was turning £5k into £20!

Good luck and I will probably be donating to your effort at some stage in the future.
  • edited August 2014

GREAT news!

Good luck with this.

More & more people are catching on to PLO8 & PLO as games which are SO much fun, and can be beaten.

Delighted to see this, the PLO8 train is filling up & gathering speed
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks for the support guys. I will admit it can be a tricky game to get your head around but once you do then it is a great game to play. I feel the biggest mistake people make when playing it is that they play the game with a holdem mentality. This can really be problematic as it will just cost you chips and therefore money. For example A,A,k,k looks a great hand however in reality it is not because if the flop comes 2,5,8 then there is a good chance you can only win 50% of the pot at best. I go Into my games and try and give myself opportunities with both the hi and lo in each hand. I will update my progress later once I have played some games.
  • edited August 2014
    Wow great challenge.....Im 3 years doing the same challenge ...bankroll at £4175 now! Brag yeh but what the heck lol.

Ive played you in one game hotwheels and Im sure we will cross paths many many times. Best of luck with your challenge! 

Most importantly I hope you have fun at the tables!

Ger 

ps Tikay your a legend! I deffo think more people are turning to PLO8 because of you. The more the merrier!
  • edited August 2014

very best of luck with this, have recently started playing PL08 myself

note - I say playing, what I actually mean is losing, but i'll get there :)

• edited August 2014

Will you not struggle to do the volume required.
    I have played the odd game of PLO Hi Lo on here but found the traffic to be very slow.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary:
     Will you not struggle to do the volume required. I have played the odd game of PLO Hi Lo on here but found the traffic to be very slow.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Hi Trebor,

On a normal night, I'd estimate well over 100 PLO8 DYM's run.

I reckon to play between 30 & 40 every night at the £3.30, £5.50 & £11 level, & I could play many more if I had the time. 

The traffic will increase soon, too, as I hope to bang the drum a bit more, & many of the regulars do the same. And the game can be beaten.

• edited August 2014
    There is a good little £100GT £5.50 Hi/Lo tourney at 20.25 if you are interested.
    Gl with the challenge.
  • edited August 2014

Good luck Wheals, if/when you make it to £5K you'll probably find that maintaining this diary for such a long period of time was the hardest part.

• edited August 2014
    Thanks guys for the messages, yes the traffic is a little slow but it is getting there. Once I can play 5s jonjo I will look into playing them small freezouts.
  • edited August 2014
    Well tough start to this challenge playing 10 winning 5 and losing 5. Some quite average play from me so hope to turn the results round quickly. Will update in another 20 games time.

Balance £19.00
  • edited August 2014
    GL Hottie,

Interesting challenge.  Will follow as I sometimes play PLO8.  I may donate....
  • edited August 2014
    Well not a good session played 20 won 9 lost 11. Not too worried yet although I could do with a winning session or two. But you can go on long winning runs in this so I'm still confident. Will update in another 20 games.

Balance £13.00
  • edited August 2014
    Finally a winning session to report 12-8 so nice to get the bankroll going in the right direction. Lots of work to go but its a start.

Balance £19.00
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Hotty

Good HU game today.
    Wasn't being rude declining the rematch but had stuff to do and just had time for a quick game.
    I'll drop in again if i see u sat at a table.

Anyway good luck
    Mick
  • edited August 2014
    Hey Mick no worries was a really good game, you have some good game there. As for my session another good one winning 12-8, however 3 times I let 2,500 chip stacks go and ended up losing so something I have to tighten up on there. But all in all going in the right direction.

Balance £25.00
  • edited August 2014
    Finally a big session in my favour where I played really well winning 16 - 4. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a nice good run.

Balance £47.00
  • edited August 2014

16-4?

EXCELLENT.

Those are the sessions we really love.

Well done.
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks. These type of sessions are great and what's needed. I have noticed though I'm able to achieve these numbers as I'm coming up against a lot of inexperienced players. You can tell them a mile off as they commit there whole stack on just a hi situation, but I will gladly exploit it :)
  • edited August 2014
    Another slight win 11-9, not great but they all count. Had to deal with a bit of abuse at the tables but I guess people can get a bit frustrated when all is not going well for them on the tables.

Balance £49.00
  • edited August 2014
    Make sure you report the abuse. Makes Sky Poker a better place to be for all of us.
  • edited August 2014
    Make sure you report the abuse. Makes Sky Poker a better place to be for all of us.
    Posted by FCHD
    Yes I have done.
  • edited August 2014
    Excellent session against some decent players winning 13 - 7. Getting to my first target of £100 a lot quicker than expected but still a lot of work to do.

Balance £59.00
  • edited August 2014

Great stuff Hotty.

I'm just starting my first PLO8 session since 6th August, can't wait!

Excited.
  • edited August 2014
    Great stuff Hotty. I'm just starting my first PLO8 session since 6th August, can't wait! Excited.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Valuuuuueeeee !!
  • edited August 2014
    im going to be waiting for you hotwheels. as anyone whos played me at plo8 will tell you, im borderline genius and will unfortunatley destroy your plans. no hard feelings i hope... ( sinister sniggering )   im 4 wins and 17... draws.
  • edited August 2014
    im going to be waiting for you hotwheels. as anyone whos played me at plo8 will tell you, im borderline genius and will unfortunatley destroy your plans. no hard feelings i hope... ( sinister sniggering )   im 4 wins and 17... draws.
    Posted by robertod
    I look forward to your attempts ;)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary : Valuuuuueeeee !!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Shush! Man at work.