You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi hotwheals...been meaning to wish you good luck in your challenge for a while, so here it is :)
    Run good xx
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary:
    Hi hotwheals...been meaning to wish you good luck in your challenge for a while, so here it is :) Run good xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you :)
  • edited August 2014
    Slight winning session 11-9 bringing in £2.00. Add that too the £24.00 from the sky poker premiership rewards means a nice little boost to the bankroll. Not far from the first target now.

Bankroll £85.00
  • edited August 2014

N1 Hotty, GL in this challenge, only a matter of time IMO.
  • edited August 2014
    Gl in your quest hotwheals,got me thinking we have had loads of promos for every format of the game except Omaha and hi and lo,maybe tikay could suggest this upstairs and try and promote this great format of poker,and in the meantime it would give u more players to exploit.
  • edited August 2014
    Gl in your quest hotwheals,got me thinking we have had loads of promos for every format of the game except Omaha and hi and lo,maybe tikay could suggest this upstairs and try and promote this great format of poker,and in the meantime it would give u more players to exploit.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    I wish........

Truth is, it makes little business sense to promote PLO & PLO8 - for the same Promo cost, they can promote NLH type games & get more bangs per buck.

What we can do though, as players, is help spread the word.

We've seen a remarkable upsurge in PLO8 on Sky Poker in the last year, simply because a bunch of us have tried to promote it, play it, & tell others what great fun it is. We can do that ourselves, as players, & I think we should.

Bang that drum!

• edited August 2014
    Im not suggesting a big promo, something like a sample size of 30 games, best roi of the top 6 play in a sit and go for a prizepool of skys choice.Most players on here love a challenge and I think it will generate a lot of interest,as my nan used to say if u don't try u never know.even if the prizepool was 500 pound it would still get a lot of interest with the kodus of taking it down,and its a bit of fun along the way and might just might promote it more.
  • edited August 2014
    Yes something like the promo BMW organised and the top players qualified for a final table playoff. I think his was on the best win streaks but yeh maybe average roi would work too. I think there was a low budget for it which I think nobody would argue with. Sky give plenty of free seats away for different stuff. I think a yearly omaha promo with a small budget should be run now that we have our main man Tikay on our side!

The odd omaha freeroll should be run also.

• edited August 2014
    Thanks chillie, pomfrittes and footsie for your kind words. Also I'm up for anything to promote this great game.
  • edited August 2014
    Tough session 10-10. Started off really bad but pulled it back towards the end. Its good though to have the odd session like this as its a bit of a reality check and really makes me knuckle down.

Balance £83.00
  • edited August 2014
    Had to have a few days off because of illness but much better now. However first session back not great winning 9 and losing 11. Not concerned though as varience will play its part and I will have the odd session like this.

Balance £77.00
  • edited August 2014
    Tough session again 10-10. Play really streaky at this level, a lot of players just love to gamble with anything. Not to worry though the varience will turn soon :)

Balance £75.00
  • edited August 2014
    Good session winning 12-8,and 1-1 on £3.30 dyms hi lo also good promotion week with the sky poker premiership getting £64.50 off that this week so that's a massive boost. Once I achieve my goal I aim to play nlh heads up sit & GOS so just to keep in touch with them I will be playing a few £1 games just to stay in touch with them so that once I move over I am properly ready.

Balance £142.90
  • edited August 2014
    Great progress in the diary!

Thanks to Tikay "banging his drum" and PLO being more prominent recently (like this diary)I had my FIRST EVER GO at it last night. I played cash 5p action table and at one point turned my £5 into £15. This dropped to £11 but ensured my first game was a winning one!! I had god knows how many full houses and also had quad kings vs a full house. Great game, I just have no idea what im doing lol.

See you at the PLO tables..... and GL with your challenge :)
  • edited August 2014
    Great progress in the diary! Thanks to Tikay "banging his drum" and PLO being more prominent recently (like this diary)I had my FIRST EVER GO at it last night. I played cash 5p action table and at one point turned my £5 into £15. This dropped to £11 but ensured my first game was a winning one!! I had god knows how many full houses and also had quad kings vs a full house. Great game, I just have no idea what im doing lol. See you at the PLO tables..... and GL with your challenge :)
    Posted by ShaunyT
    Ha!

It sounds kinda silly, but yes, in PLO & POLO8 we get sets, full houses, quads, & straight flushes galore, and surely we all love hitting sets, houses etc?

In a routine session of PLO8, we get dealt aces 10 or 20 times. We win less often with them, of course, but it's just great fun to hit all these big hands.  

Good luck Shauny.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary : Ha! It sounds kinda silly, but yes, in PLO & POLO8 we get sets, full houses, quads, & straight flushes galore, and surely we all love hitting sets, houses etc? In a routine session of PLO8, we get dealt aces 10 or 20 times. We win less often with them, of course, but it's just great fun to hit all these big hands.   Good luck Shauny.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay. I will be dipping my toe into the PLO world again tonight.
    And yeah, I was dealt AAxx and KKxx hands a lot in my 1 hour session. I was also admiring my AAAK hand until I realised a) I can only use 2 of em
    b) Me having 3 Aces means i only have one to hit!!!

I have read a bit of basic strategy and starting hand strengths now!!

When i make my millions in PLO i will have Hotwheals and you to thank!!

Run well
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary : Thanks Tikay. I will be dipping my toe into the PLO world again tonight. And yeah, I was dealt AAxx and KKxx hands a lot in my 1 hour session. I was also admiring my AAAK hand until I realised a) I can only use 2 of em b) Me having 3 Aces means i only have one to hit!!! I have read a bit of basic strategy and starting hand strengths now!! When i make my millions in PLO i will have Hotwheals and you to thank!! Run well
    Posted by ShaunyT
    Best of luck mate and run well :)
  • edited August 2014
    Decided to up it a bit and move to the £5.25 games early to maximise my profits as I feel my roll is OK and I'm confident I can do well at that level. Played 20 won 14 lost 6. Lost a little in a few small hi lo comps but still a nice profit.

Balance £166.90
  • edited August 2014
    Great little session that's kept the bankroll ticking over nicely winning 14-6.

Balance £201.90
  • edited August 2014
    Fantastic Hotwheals. Keep it up......your flying mate!

Ger
  • edited August 2014

Amazing numbers, well done.
  • edited August 2014
  • edited September 2014
    Strong session to finish the month off playing 25 winning 15-10. Really happy with the way I am playing at the moment so let's hope I can keep it up :)

Balance £220.65
  • edited September 2014
    Some start keep it going :-)
  • edited September 2014
    Interesting session today I think its clear I'm a lot more stronger at hi lo heads up than I am at dyms on today's showing lol. Anyway here is a breakdown

Won

£15.00 sky poker premiership promotion
    7 x £5.25 hi lo heads up
    1 x £5.50 hi lo DYM

Lost

1 x £1.10 hi lo comp
    1 x £5.50 hi lo comp
    3 x £5.25 hi lo heads up
    2 x £11.00 hi lo DYM

Looking at it now it was silly to play the two £11 dyms, but will keep it in order from now on and stick to the 5s for now but all in all still doing well and long may it continue :)

Balance £229.05
  • edited September 2014
    Interesting session today I think its clear I'm a lot more stronger at hi lo heads up than I am at dyms on today's showing lol. Anyway here is a breakdown Won £15.00 sky poker premiership promotion 7 x £5.25 hi lo heads up 1 x £5.50 hi lo DYM Lost 1 x £1.10 hi lo comp 1 x £5.50 hi lo comp 3 x £5.25 hi lo heads up 2 x £11.00 hi lo DYM Looking at it now it was silly to play the two £11 dyms, but will keep it in order from now on and stick to the 5s for now but all in all still doing well and long may it continue :) Balance £229.05
    Posted by Hotwheals
    You terrorised us!

I thought you were rather unlucky in one of them.

Anyway, £5, £11, always great to see good players join us, so I hope you play a few more DYM's.

Congrats on a tremendous first month to your challenge.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: PL Omaha Hi Lo Diary : You terrorised us! I thought you were rather unlucky in one of them. Anyway, £5, £11, always great to see good players join us, so I hope you play a few more DYM's. Congrats on a tremendous first month to your challenge.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay, I will certainly keep playing them as its a nice little change from the grind of heads up. As for the challenge I thought I had a decent chance of doing well but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would start this well.
  • edited September 2014
    Had a terrible session where everything went wrong from mixing up my statistics to playing woefully. Not to worry will get the money back soon so onwards and up :)

Balance £187.40
  • edited September 2014
    Excellent long session at 11s and 5s getting me right back on track. Will start to keep a record again from tomorrow on wins and losses :)

Balance £242.57
  • edited September 2014

Bouncy bouncy!

Good to see you soon got back on track.