You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event

1212223242527»

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event :   Where are the other folders, I need a link or address, that link only takes you to the final.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    They are all on this thread Gary, but I don't have time to work through it right now.

I'll do it in the morning, & post Links to every day's photo threads.
  • edited August 2014
    Congrats Leigh
    Nice to see a fellow Dorset guy come good.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : They are all on this thread Gary, but I don't have time to work through it right now. I'll do it in the morning, & post Links to every day's photo threads.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Try this for size boss - should do the job
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Try this for size boss - should do the job
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Or even better this
  • edited August 2014
    Just caught up with all the updates.  Fantastic stuff by all the team.

Massive thank you to all the team at SkyPoker and Dusk Till Dawn.  I only played the main event, but it sounds like the whole festival was run perfectly.

Congrats to everyone that cashed, especially Stevie, Abi, Neil, Andy and Paul, who I had the pleasure of sharing the final table with.  All amazingly good poker players, who made the final table really enjoyable.

And finally, thank you to anyone that has posted support on the forum.  I'm truly humbled by the number of people that have taken time out to post, send a message or like an update.  Poker and Non-Poker friends alike, although I'm not quite sure the non-poker friends knew exactly what was going on.

When can we do it all again ?

Leigh
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry for the delay, but been busy. Just a quick note to say thank you for the good wishes/luck messages.

A big well done to Leigh for an awesome win, and big congratz to the other finalists.

And finally, a massive thanks to all the DTD and Sky staff for all their efforts. Another fabulously run event from start to finish.
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry for the delay, but been busy. Just a quick note to say thank you for the good wishes/luck messages. A big well done to Leigh for an awesome win, and big congratz to the other finalists. And finally, a massive thanks to all the DTD and Sky staff for all their efforts. Another fabulously run event from start to finish.
    Posted by joesman1
    Not a bad day for you on Sunday, Neil. £20k in the Main, & after that, you jumped straight into the Hyper Turbo thing & got 6th for £2,500?

Many congrats. 

And yes, DTD were amazingly good. That Mini had 625 runners (in a 6-Max!), that takes some organising, buit it all went as smooth as a baby's bottie.  

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Try this for size boss - should do the job
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Thank you for uploading all the photographs I took.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Not a bad day for you on Sunday, Neil. £20k in the Main, & after that, you jumped straight into the Hyper Turbo thing & got 6th for £2,500? Many congrats.  And yes, DTD were amazingly good. That Mini had 625 runners (in a 6-Max!), that takes some organising, buit it all went as smooth as a baby's bottie.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay

I got bullied and sort of lured into it by the £15,000 Vegas Package thingy.. The Dynamics of it became very interesting. With 8 left in the tournie, only myself, or Mr Rutter could win it, as he had passed the points gained by the main event winner. I had to finish min 3rd and beat Stu by 3/4 places... And he was seated to my direct left short stacked!!! I considered calling an all in from him with 2-4 off just to bust him!!!

Anyways I got rivered when all in with a similar stack size (I was just covered), so it was Stu's package... But tbf, and very generous of him, he's offered me 2% of any Vegas Main Event winnings next year..

Come on The Rutter Man!!!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Thanks Tikay I got bullied and sort of lured into it by the £15,000 Vegas Package thingy.. The Dynamics of it became very interesting. With 8 left in the tournie, only myself, or Mr Rutter could win it, as he had passed the points gained by the main event winner. I had to finish min 3rd and beat Stu by 3/4 places... And he was seated to my direct left short stacked!!! I considered calling an all in from him with 2-4 off just to bust him!!! Anyways I got rivered when all in with a similar stack size (I was just covered), so it was Stu's package... But tbf, and very generous of him, he's offered me 2% of any Vegas Main Event winnings next year.. Come on The Rutter Man!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Can you ask him for 2% of this years instead :-). Very well played
  • edited August 2014
    Just caught up with all the updates.  Fantastic stuff by all the team. Massive thank you to all the team at SkyPoker and Dusk Till Dawn.  I only played the main event, but it sounds like the whole festival was run perfectly. Congrats to everyone that cashed, especially Stevie, Abi, Neil, Andy and Paul, who I had the pleasure of sharing the final table with.  All amazingly good poker players, who made the final table really enjoyable. And finally, thank you to anyone that has posted support on the forum.  I'm truly humbled by the number of people that have taken time out to post, send a message or like an update.  Poker and Non-Poker friends alike, although I'm not quite sure the non-poker friends knew exactly what was going on. When can we do it all again ? Leigh
    Posted by Fortunatus

Congrats Leigh, was a fun final table and a well deserved winner, 

Stevie