You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might be off to Barcelona to play the EPT. I'm not jealous though, I'll be in my Study, playing £5 DYM's.....  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah, he's off to Majorca tomorrow then on to Barcelona for the EPT.  What a life!
  • edited August 2014
    devlin 175,000 on the button young big blind 500,000 raise devlin folds -- devlin wins a 1.5m pot off young with A-2 on A-x-x-2-2 young had A-x, apprarently, didn't show
    Posted by SPT
    A-x on A-x-x-2-2 is the better house isn't it?!

Loving the updates, chip leader seems quite a handful.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : No, they shouldn't its being filmed for six shows on Sky Sports, as for the first UKPC Can't detract from that, given the cost of production
    Posted by SPT
    do both
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : do both
    Posted by natry20111
    Sky Sports would NOT take the Series if it were Live-Streamed, there would be no point.

Sky Poker want the Series to be shown on Sky Sports, Challenge TV, Ch 861 & You Tube. There'd be no point in doing any of those if it were Live-Streamed. There is nil benefit to the Business in the Live Stream, & a massive benefit to the Business from it airing on Sky Sports etc.

If it were not on Sky Sports, I doubt Sky Poker would have sponsored the Event. 

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Devlin 175,000

young 500,000

devlin folds

--

devlin 175,000

wiltshire calls in the big blind

Q-K-K

Wiltshire 175,000

devlin call

Q

Wiltshire checks

devlin 425,000

wiltshire check raises to 875,000

call

big pot developing

river 9

wiltshire check

devlin 1.375m

wiltshire folds

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Sky Sports would NOT take the Series if it were Live-Streamed, there would be no point. Sky Poker want the Series to be shown on Sky Sports, Challenge TV, Ch 861 & You Tube. There'd be no point in doing any of those if it were Live-Streamed. There is nil benefit to the Business in the Live Stream, & a massive benefit to the Business from it airing on Sky Sports etc. If it were not on Sky Sports, I doubt Sky Poker would have sponsored the Event.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would think you're very right! :)
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    andy young is the short-stack, khaitan still has a big chip lead at new blind level 50-100k

when i short-stack 30x big blinds so still plent of play
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : A-x on A-x-x-2-2 is the better house isn't it?! Loving the updates, chip leader seems quite a handful.
    Posted by bbMike

A-x was not a match for A-x-x!

x's were different
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    K-4-2-K-J

Leigh has K-Q and bets 480,000

Khaitan thinks for ages and ages and folds

very big pot

apologies, tikay was talking through the hand, unaware that the batteries on the walkie talkie had died

oops!

his recall of the hand afterwards began on the river :-))
  • edited August 2014
    £110,000 £70,000 £40,000 £27,500
    Posted by SPT
    in the ne of England
    House
    Bungalow
    Caravan
    Car
    bully only had the last two
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    more precisely now

andy young has 2.5m

devlin 6m

wiltshire 3.5m

khaitan 13m

50-100k blinds
  • edited August 2014
    GL Leigh.
    Rooting (along with many others) for you.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Wltshire wins a big pot off Khaitan with A-7 on a board with two sevens on it, flop and turn.

bet the river and khaitan folded

wiltshire up towards 5m...

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Sky Sports would NOT take the Series if it were Live-Streamed, there would be no point. Sky Poker want the Series to be shown on Sky Sports, Challenge TV, Ch 861 & You Tube. There'd be no point in doing any of those if it were Live-Streamed. There is nil benefit to the Business in the Live Stream, & a massive benefit to the Business from it airing on Sky Sports etc. If it were not on Sky Sports, I doubt Sky Poker would have sponsored the Event.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just to be devil's advocate for second. A few hundred people watching a live stream would have no material impact on the viewing figures weeks later, and watching a stream is a lot different from watching a produced TV show. I watch a lot of live streams by another major poker site, and I also watch all of their TV shows, and apart from the results they are nothing alike.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    wiltshire 235,000 on the button

devlin 500,000 in the small blind

wiltshire calls

2-10-8 flop

devlin leads out 450,000

wiltshire looks at the flop intently

calls

turn 10

devlin checks

wiltshire 925,000

repping the 10.....probably has the 10.....image is he has the 10...

devlin folds

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Just to be devil's advocate for second. A few hundred people watching a live stream would have no material impact on the viewing figures weeks later, and watching a stream is a lot different from watching a produced TV show. I watch a lot of live streams by another major poker site, and I also watch all of their TV shows, and apart from the results they are nothing alike.
    Posted by Giant811
    thats what it thought tbh just luv to watch it now gl to andy by the way
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Just to be devil's advocate for second. A few hundred people watching a live stream would have no material impact on the viewing figures weeks later, and watching a stream is a lot different from watching a produced TV show. I watch a lot of live streams by another major poker site, and I also watch all of their TV shows, and apart from the results they are nothing alike.
    Posted by Giant811
    Hi Gertrude,

Good to see you here Big Man. Ate you still very very tall?

Yes, I understand that, but it aint ever gonna happen with UKPC.

Given the camera set up here, it would not be possible to both Stream & Record for TV.

Sky Sports simply would not take the Series if it had been Live-streamed, whether we like it or not.

Sky Poker agreed the deal with DTD on the explicit understanding that it would be shown on Sky Sports, & not Live-Streamed. All parties were in agreement.

I know it will disappoint some, but thats just how it is. The whole thing, to a degree, centres upon a TV Series.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : thats what it thought tbh just luv to watch it now gl to andy by the way
    Posted by natry20111
    Come on ChicknMelt, get that double up!
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    khaitan raises on the button

young and wiltshire cal in the blinds

8-4-6 two spades

all check

young 175

both call

7 of spades

young 500,000

wiltshire call

khaitan fold

young j2ss to win the pot

--

wiltshire 235,000 utg

khaitan small blind call

young big blind call

10-A-J two clubs

all check

young leads 425,000 on the 6 turn

both call

j river, a third club

young check

wiltshire 750,000

khaitan calls

young folds

wiltshire 9-8cc, rivered flush wins the pot
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : I would think you're very right! :)
    Posted by DesDuffy
    Ha! Lord Duffy, no less.

For once, yes, I am right. Not an opinion, a fact. Just this once, like......;)

For those not aware, Lord Duffy, Sir Tighty & myself worked with Leigh for many years in APAT.

Leigh is a genuinely lovely bloke, & if he won this, few would begrudge him the win, after all he has done for grass roots poker over many years. He must have given up - literally - a hundred weekends to do his APAT stuff (now retired, I believe), and this would be some sort of well-deserved payback. 

A top top bloke.   

• edited August 2014
    A top bloke is a understatement, he his one of the best
  • edited August 2014
    A top bloke is a understatement, he his one of the best
    Posted by Nosey_p
    +1
  • edited August 2014

See our final four in a quick clip here
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    the last hand before the break took over 10 minutes, and took us through most of the break

young button raised to 200,000

wiltshire and devlin called in the blinds

9c 9h 4s flop

check by wiltshire

300,000 devlin

750,000 from young

wiltshire now check raises to 1.65m

devlin folds

young calls

5c turn

wiltshire all in covering young

young has about 3m back

young leans back in his chair and exhales

counts his chips

thinks for a few minutes

leans back again, looks to the ceiling

says a few things to wiltshire i can't catch

wiltshire is motionless and does not respond

young smiles

thinks some more

and eventually calls all in

young 8-8

wiltshire 9-8

river 10

we lose Andy Young out 4th winning £27,500

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    chip stacks with blinds about to go 60-120k are, give or take 500k each

Devlin 5m

Khaitan 8m

Wiltshire 12m

£110,000

£70,000

£40,000

are the final three prizes
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Ha! Lord Duffy, no less. For once, yes, I am right. Not an opinion, a fact. Just this once, like......;) For those not aware, Lord Duffy, Sir Tighty & myself worked with Leigh for many years in APAT.   Leigh is a genuinely lovely bloke, & if he won this, few would begrudge him the win, after all he has done for grass roots poker over many years. He must have given up - literally - a hundred weekends to do his APAT stuff (now retired, I believe), and this would be some sort of well-deserved payback.  A top top bloke.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    I second every word of that Tony.  Leigh is one of the very best, and this success on the back of his deep run in the ISPT last year, suggests that administration isn't the only quality he has to offer the game.

Great news that the festival has been a massive success.  Well deserved for Sky Poker and DTD.
  • edited August 2014
    GG Andy, top performance mate
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    stevie devlin from omagh

abi khaitan from london

leigh "mild mannered" "only got one chocolate lab, the other two are black labs" "hello jen" wiltshire

three handed with £220,000 to play for......
  • edited August 2014

No 'extended toilet breaks' yet Rich?  The jumps are absolutely huge now.