You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Christmas Challenge

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
GL with this!

Few questions... are you going for 5k net profit between now and xmas? if so what B/R are you starting with? or are you trying to get your roll to 5k? or just trying to get your Sharkscope to 5k?

only reason i ask is because i was thinking of doing something similar

anyway Good luck

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hey everyone!

Going to give this thread a good go and hopefully see it through mostly to give me some focus.

The Challenge

£5000 profit by Christmas starting this week.

Volume has been pretty low this month so this is an incentive to get grinding!

My biggest games are Cash, HU Sit and Go's and MTT's.

Love MTT's, cash for for dough and HU Sit and Go's are good fun and lowish variance.

Would love to get my sharkscope up to £5k by the end of the year (it's currently about 2.8k)

With Cash i'm going to make a big effort to improve my game over the next few months.

Will update regulary, wish me luck!

And if any micro player has any poker questions or strategy questions ask away!
  • edited August 2014
    Hey Jordz thanks

5k clear profit and hopefully this will include 2k or so from MTT/ HU Sit and Go's to get scope up to 5k.

• edited August 2014
    Larson gl m8 sure you will do it, just one question why do you want scope up to 5K, curious because im currently on 2.8k
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck mate - particularly as you're one of the potentially bigger grinders on my team for Sky Premiership this week!

Are you going in at one level of cash and building a roll from there, or just picking anything up to.... NL100?

What do you see as the best methods / resources to improving your game (across all disciplines)?
  • edited August 2014
    Good Luck Larson

£5k by Xmas, should be a jolly good Christmas in your house - can I come? Teehee

Seriously though, I hope to see you succeed and hope to enjoy your future posts. 

So much luck to you my friend YOU CAN DO EEET!

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck buddy.

I'm going to sit on every one of your cash tables to ensure you fall short ;)
  • edited August 2014
    GL .......Will watch with interest
  • edited August 2014
    GL with this Larson love your challenges you have come along way from the 2p/4p challenge a couple of years ago.

• edited August 2014
    Posh just a short term goal, want to get it up to 10k at some point next year. If I play quite a lot of HU Sit and Go's should just be a gradual increase.

Hey Shakin! Not even checked the promo yet lol Hopefully DTM's also in the team!:)

Current bankroll is decent for 50nl, this month I didn't play much cash but when I did it was mostly 20nl, with a few games at 30-50nl. 

Hard to say, but reckon I would get chewed up at 100nl in today's terms. My cash game is no where near good enough at the moment to play 100nl successfully. Going back  to Don's thread maybe it's psychological but I would imagine at 100nl it's far better than the current games I play. Good goal to aim for tho!

I've found the best way to improve was stuff like posting hands in the clinic when I was starting out, and more recently having poker friends you can chat stuff over with, or get second opinions on hands. That's defo one of the best ways that has helped me improve as a player.

Have a member ship on D/C as well from a few months ago, really will need to cancel it cause I'm hardly ever on there.

There is loads of free videos on youtube to do with poker, which tbh are probably just as good as many of the videos on training websites.  

Hopefully it will be Pudding:D and thanks:)
  • edited August 2014
    but how many points do you plan on getting?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £5000 by Christmas:
    but how many points do you plan on getting?
    Posted by MattBates
    Enough to buy me the Jack Daniels he owes me, for sure.
  • edited August 2014
    Sigh Slip, don't like taking money off friends.

Will for sure buy you a JD with your own money tho:D

Thanks Glenelg and Spinky

@MB, would go for loads of points, heard you could buy a car with them, whooooops that another site :O
  • edited August 2014
    hey mate best of luck with your challenge and don`t buy slip anything :)
  • edited August 2014
    Start a new diary. Immediately take down a Turbo Tuesday.

Start another new diary. Immediately win a weekly DTD.

You should consider starting new diaries more frequently...
  • edited August 2014
    Sigh.

I was going to support this effort, but I don't think I can now.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £5000 by Christmas:
    Start a new diary. Immediately take down a Turbo Tuesday. Start another new diary. Immediately win a weekly DTD. You should consider starting new diaries more frequently...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Please don't encourage him.
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    Shakin wee MTT bink would be nice and help things along nicely!

Thanks IDCU and Ducky.

Someone pointed out last night it's a big ask the target, which might be difficult giving volume I can put in. Maybe a bit ambitious but will see how it goes, some run good in MTT's would defo help along the way:)

Also expecting a big grind in November and especially December when the tables are generally at their best.

I will update once a month, first update will be at the end of September.
  • edited August 2014
    ALL THE BEST

All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Christmas Challenge:
    Shakin wee MTT bink would be nice and help things along nicely! Thanks IDCU and Ducky. Someone pointed out last night it's a big ask the target, which might be difficult giving volume I can put in. Maybe a bit ambitious but will see how it goes, some run good in MTT's would defo help along the way:) Also expecting a big grind in November and especially December when the tables are generally at their best. I will update once a month, first update will be at the end of September.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Well what's the point in a challenge you're certain of achieving? It's a bit like watching one of Gazza's hand requests and wondering if he's about to win the pot ;) 

A stretching target is good to focus the mind, best of luck with it, I wish you the fattest turkey in the shop.
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck with this challenge.

Aaaand if your table name refers to who I hope it does, you have my full support ;-)

Neil
  • edited August 2014
    Henrik meet Hendrik
  • edited August 2014
    Henrik meet Hendrik
    Posted by stokefc
    lol I know.......bit like getting a tattoo with the wrong spelling, can't change it now, ha ha ha
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Christmas Challenge : Well what's the point in a challenge you're certain of achieving? It's a bit like watching one of Gazza's hand requests and wondering if he's about to win the pot ;)  A stretching target is good to focus the mind, best of luck with it, I wish you the fattest turkey in the shop.
    Posted by bbMike
    hahaha!  Why bring back bad memories of bluffs that have gone wrong eh?
  • edited September 2014

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

It has been a really good start, the last couple of days in August and first few days in Septemeber were amazing, I had my best ever week on cash. Reality was soon to bite with about 3 bad days, and since then it's been pretty swingy, but still very good overall.

Full update to come at the end of the month.

Most times when I have started threads like these, there has been a general theme - a challenge or a journey.

This is a journey and as always am constantly learning. 

I was going to go for priority this month, it would just mean a lot of volume and an extra £300 in C4Points.

Right now i'm sitting on 4207 pokerpoints.

I've got a really busy week coming up, so won't be able to put in any great volume at the tables, so will not making priority this month.

There was times I was playing for  the sake of playing as opposed to wanting to play. I played last night, I ended up on the day, but by the end I was losing money in lots of small pots because I was tired and just making silly calls or bad plays.

For the rest of the month I expect volume will be a lot less than what it has been, but will only be playing when I'm fresh and want to play and should be on my A game.

Total respect to full time grinders, no idea how you do it DTM! It's tough from a time perspective and mentally also.

So far this month it's been 98% Cash. It has been good getting back into cash again, where as the last 2 months cash volume has been really low.

For the rest of this month: Quality over Quanity

• edited September 2014
    1st update

I started the thread just under a month ago - it was before the start of September.

Total Profit so far - £769.14 (including last months c4p about £40 plus aprox £70 from the football promo) 

I've mostly played cash, I am down slightly on MTT's for September.

15.38% of Target Achieved.

Slightly behind where I want to be, I've made a lot a silly mistakes this month which is something I need to work on.

Pokerpoints so far in September, 5141 so another £100 plus due in early September.  
  • edited September 2014
    Good going, buddy... :)
  • edited September 2014
    Good start Larson! :)