You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Christmas Challenge

2»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    What about another endurance challenge, Kev? ;)

25 hours this time?
  • edited September 2014
    lol Brian, that was some achievement last year, with some amount of money being raised for charity - in particular due to your hard work and effort.

Think i'll give the 25 hours a miss this year:)

Hardly seems like a year since we done that!

If something was going to be organised it could be along the lines of Friday night to Sunday and keeping a table going for the whole time and people could sign up to play at certain times, as long as there was always two people keeping the table open.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Christmas Challenge:
    lol Brian, that was some achievement last year, with some amount of money being raised for charity - in particular due to your hard work and effort. Think i'll give the 25 hours a miss this year:) Hardly seems like a year since we done that! If something was going to be organised it could be along the lines of Friday night to Sunday and keeping a table going for the whole time and people could sign up to play at certain times, as long as there was always two people keeping the table open.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hmmm....
  • edited September 2014
    What are you doing on the turn (and flop?)
    Brogs212 Big blind  £0.20 £0.20 £50.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

shotgunste Call  £0.20 £0.40 £35.65
    rtc Raise  £0.60 £1.00 £20.10
    LARSON7 Call  £0.60 £1.60 £38.68
    PureTrix Fold     
    Brogs212 Call  £0.40 £2.00 £50.10
    shotgunste Call  £0.40 £2.40 £35.25
    Flop

• Q

Brogs212 Check     
    shotgunste Bet  £1.20 £3.60 £34.05
    rtc Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £1.20 £4.80 £37.48
    Brogs212 Fold     
    Turn

• K

shotgunste Check     
    LARSON7
    Biggest losing hand of the month; they were really tight apart from calling with KJ here lol
    LARSON7 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £49.25
    Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £50.00
      Your hole cards

LARSON7 Raise  £0.75 £1.50 £48.50
    Raise  £2.50 £4.00 £47.50
    LARSON7 Call  £2.00 £6.00 £46.50
    Flop

• K

Bet  £3.50 £9.50 £44.00
    LARSON7 Call  £3.50 £13.00 £43.00
    Turn

Check     
    LARSON7 Bet  £9.75 £22.75 £33.25
    Call  £9.75 £32.50 £34.25
    River

Check     
    LARSON7 All-in  £33.25 £65.75 £0.00
    Call  £33.25 £99.00 £1.00
    LARSON7 Show

Show
    • K
    • J

Win Pair of Kings £98.00
  • edited September 2014
    It's no surprise that was your biggest losing hand if the dealer forgot to give you any hole cards and you still played on...

Hand 1 I probably follow the same line as I'm assuming you have here... call the flop and semi-bluff the turn in order to try and get a pair to fold.

Raising the flop in these spots, albeit with good equity, rarely gets a high enough % of folds to be profitable (assuming that limp, donk tends to indicate the oppo has a piece of the flop and will happily pay to see at least one more card).

The K can therefore be seen as a bit of a scare card, even if oppo has a weak Qx.  Appreciate they may still be the sort of player that will call with 2nd pair (or 3rd/4th pair) so the bluff may still not work quite enough to be great... but imo gets way more folds than if we raise the flop.

Keep running well in the Xmas challenge!
  • edited September 2014
     Hi larson, ihope you make your challenge, the very best of luck.
                                        from truly56
  • edited September 2014
    good luck larson
  • edited September 2014
    good luck larson
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    Thanks Truly and TenTen,

Ten how are you getting on with the deepstacks, not played one in ages now.

Shakin I ended up betting the turn, didn't think it could be to terrible, and was min raised.

It was a pretty pukey spot, I didn't quite have the odds to call, but with implied odds to call.

Rivered the nuts and he kindly jammed into me:)
  • edited September 2014
    Keep up the good work.
  • edited September 2014
    GOOD LUCK BUDDY...

(*  *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2014
    Update from 25th August when this started

Profit

£1006.99, of which I have withdrawn £450. Also due to get £126.70 rake back in October from 6335 poker points. 22.67% of way to target!

Delighted to have broke 1k so far.

MTT's are apox minus £50 for the month.

Cash at times can be a grind, going to try and get more MTT's HU Sit and Goes in this month.

Going to play the 7:15 and 7:45 deepstacks, 8:05 BH and the 7 O Clock freeroll tonight for a bit of fun.

Used to love playing these tournaments, and havn't played them in ages!

• edited September 2014
    Update from 25th August when this started Profit £1006.99, of which I have withdrawn £450. Also due to get £126.70 rake back in October from 6335 poker points. 22.67% of way to target! Delighted to have broke 1k so far. MTT's are apox minus £50 for the month. Cash at times can be a grind, going to try and get more MTT's HU Sit and Goes in this month. Going to play the 7:15 and 7:45 deepstacks, 8:05 BH and the 7 O Clock freeroll tonight for a bit of fun. Used to love playing these tournaments, and havn't played them in ages!
    Posted by LARSON7

Excellent results!  So it looks like you're profit is coming mainly from cash?  Why oh why are you gonna play Mtt's?  ;-(
    GL 
    Pad

• edited October 2014
    You show yours and I'll show mine ;)

PS ~ How's Christmas coming along? :)
  • edited November 2014

Hey everyone, quick and final update.

October was bad at the start, and really good at the end of the month.

I made less than the previous month by about £200.

The 1st 10 days in November were amazing, had my best week ever on cash during this time.

I put in a decent amount of volume during this time and made priority by about the 12th/13th of the month thanks to double poker points. So that's atleast another £300 ish in rake back,

Ironically my first losing days after the amazing run good were Friday and Saturday which are normally my best days.

Since my decent winning run/ making prio volume has been quite low, and only slightly up over this period - been having big swings between decent days and losing days.

Was talking to someone about threads like these, challenge style ones where people post up £ returns or £ goals.

It was good for motivation, but it will be the last time I make a post like this talking about money or goals, or anything won lost. This will be my last post on this thread.

I'll just finish by saying I'm loving poker right now, went through a phase of not enjoying it as much.

And am really looking forward to 2015, i'm going to spend time in the New Year working a bit more on MTT's to try and up my tournies game.

Thanks for reading everyone and good luck at the tables.