You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beat of the day? week? year? ever?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Honestly, some of the things in this thread are just plain weird.

It's a poker forum with a poker hand posted on it. It shouldn't come as a surprise when people discuss poker.

Once you start a thread, it doesn't belong to you. The debate will flow in whichever way the participants choose to direct it. If you want to point it in another direction, you know what to do. That's how a public forum works. It's not a private conversation.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bad beat of the day? week? year? ever?:
    Wow guys come on!! Some ridiculous replies here!! I expect so much more from seasoned regs and Tk If there was a bad beat jackpot, like at my local, this 100% counts. I do not feel the original post is being anti sky, not saying it's rigged just showing us a true bad beat. Regardless of the opinion it should be a shove pre or not, the replies should of been more "wow that must of hurt, unlucky and thanks for sharing a genuine bad beat for once) The examples you guys are giving of all in on flop are not bad beats. Any all in pre, however runs is poker not a bad beat. But seriously regs, this IS a bad beat. Sure got to move on and all that, but original post never said that. I love community and read a lot, post a little. But being an ex trash talking, this sort of response does from regs and presenters do not help you. Even the top pro's in the world who share there hands on various websites talk about te odd bad beat and say unlucky, got it in good and they hit miracle.  Also, for the record, 77 v 88 never always going in on that flop!! I see you guys make big folds with overpair to board. Is easy to put someone down, do it too trash talkers but not to a genuine bad beat post?  Unlucky fella - thanks for sharing a genuine one - run golden in future 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Wont be putting my input into any strat advise in this as thats not what rivermunkys looking for as he posted it as a bad beat.  but i can assure you all the chips from both players as played on the flop will always be going in the middle here.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks guys some intesting comments in this thread ! Couple of you bang on here I didn't post this here for my donkey type play to be analysed or indeed it would be posted in the clinic and I would be asking should I ship pre flop etc ? But here all I'm simply doing is sharing a legit bad beat which in all my years playing hadn't happened to me just thought it was a rare occurrence and wanted to share it ! Don't want any sympathy sniff sniff as I'm over it now :) I'm no pro just on sky to enjoy a game of poker with a good bunch of people who enjoy a bit of banter and a laugh !
    Good luck to you all and watch out for that river when I'm on your table :))))
  • edited September 2014
    The examples you guys are giving of all in on flop are not bad beats. Any all in pre, however runs is poker not a bad beat. But seriously regs, this IS a bad beat. Sure got to move on and all that, but original post never said that. I love community and read a lot, post a little.
    OK so we have AA pre and GII against 55. Flop is AK9r. Turn and river come 55. Is this a huge bad beat, or just a small one? So suppose we argue it's a small bad beat because we only had 20% when the money went in - and not really a bad beat. At least according to you.

But whilst all the chips did not go in pre-flop here, a good % of them did. And there was only a PSB left on the flop. Technically, the flop play was decided already before we saw a flop because of how much was in the middle. Therefore, if you don't think my AA vs 55 example is a bad beat then you can't think of this as a bad beat. 

Suppose though there was still a good bit of money behind (say at least a SPR of at least 3) - then yes, it would be much more of a bad beat since a lot more money went in on the flop than pre-flop (by comparison)

Also, for the record 77 vs 88 is definitely going in on that flop. You don't call pre with 77 for nearly 1/3 of your chips and then fold on a 8 high flop. What were you hoping to see when you flat pre with 77? 
  • edited September 2014
    Lol at the replys on this post n this is why i hardly come on the forum ha a flip ? wtf ok lol     i is a brag beats hand its the worst beat u can get runner runner perfect cards what are the odds of that happening so ofc its a bad beat
  • edited September 2014
    If you think this isn't a bad beat you really have no understanding of what a bad beat is. Absolutely ridiculous answers from so called experts or professionals. Laughable. Keep trying to win those 'flips' Munky. :-D
  • edited September 2014
    I would love flips like this where I'm going to win 99.9% of them :))

• edited September 2014
    Quite happy to sit on the fence with this.....

.....but people are saying treat it as losing a flip, not saying it was a flip.
  • edited September 2014

Crikey, I seem to have offended a few of you, which was never my intention.

I freely admit, I've never understood the fixation with poker bad beat stories, but that's just me I suppose. I've yet to meet anyone who enjoys being told bad beat stories, either, but perhaps I need to get out more.

I just like to keep life simple. 8-8 lost to 7-7, thats all that matters to me.

And yes, you are right, this is the "Bad Beats" Board, so you are entitled to Post them.

Anyway, apologies if my comment offended anyone.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bad beat of the day? week? year? ever? : OK so we have AA pre and GII against 55. Flop is AK9r. Turn and river come 55. Is this a huge bad beat, or just a small one? So suppose we argue it's a small bad beat because we only had 20% when the money went in - and not really a bad beat. At least according to you. But whilst all the chips did not go in pre-flop here, a good % of them did. And there was only a PSB left on the flop. Technically, the flop play was decided already before we saw a flop because of how much was in the middle. Therefore, if you don't think my AA vs 55 example is a bad beat then you can't think of this as a bad beat.  Suppose though there was still a good bit of money behind (say at least a SPR of at least 3) - then yes, it would be much more of a bad beat since a lot more money went in on the flop than pre-flop (by comparison) Also, for the record 77 vs 88 is definitely going in on that flop. You don't call pre with 77 for nearly 1/3 of your chips and then fold on a 8 high flop. What were you hoping to see when you flat pre with 77? 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Aa v 55 Is not a bad beat no - if all in pre it matters little the order of cards.  When you put all your chips in the middle you are saying you are happy to let the poker gods decide your fate.  Hence folding AA is acceptable late stage of a sat if good enough stack to see you through.

And for the record - Bad beat jackpots do not get paid out if odds pre are 80 / 20 and it goes all in and the odds change thoughout the hand to 95 /5 etc.  Its done at point goes in (not sure what would happen if somone left 1 chip behind pre - maybe I will try it)

I agree - little left, but we are not here to pick holes in the pre flop play - many would agree flatting there is incorrect long term so a fold there may also happen - not saying not correct play to go all in - just would not happen all the time.  

Amount of chips behind does not determin if a bad beat or not - it may magnify the importance and make it a terrible one to get over, but AS PLAYED, and AS POSTED - there is not a situation in holdem that is a satistically worse bad beat.  Runner runner perfect perfect, takes a few forms.

Anyway,

Fair play to Munkey for probably the best bad beat post and most discussed while at least keeping his dignity.

Run well all
  • edited September 2014
    thanks nuggy good post :)
  • edited September 2014
    Lol at the replys on this post n this is why i hardly come on the forum ha a flip ? wtf ok lol     i is a brag beats hand its the worst beat u can get runner runner perfect cards what are the odds of that happening so ofc its a bad beat
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    +1