You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strange Activity Right Now

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat

Look at the HU tables lobby

There are dozens of tables with players away.  Hypers running for 30 mins.

Something odd is happening

Comments

• edited September 2014

why would one player play 20 HUSNG against 10 other individuals and sit out in them all, and have the opponent sit out too?

why would each game last 30 mins without any player intervening?

• edited September 2014

there was one particular player in every game.

• edited September 2014

Hi Rob,

I've no idea, but I've sent the thread upstairs.

Thanks for the, err, heads up.

• edited September 2014

15 new games running now.... 4 new opponents

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Strange Activity Right Now:
    why would one player play 20 HUSNG against 10 other individuals and sit out in them all, and have the opponent sit out too? why would each game last 30 mins without any player intervening?
    Posted by aussie09
    because he seems to be winning them?
  • edited September 2014
    something not right there
  • edited September 2014
    Just scoped one opponent - apparently doesn't exist.
  • edited September 2014
    boy is he good!

can we use sharkie for complimenting players?

Wins: 341
    Count: 362

• edited September 2014

Don’t worry is almost over ;)

• edited September 2014
    maybe it's someone collecting for their favourite charity?
    hope that £1000 is going to a good cause
  • edited September 2014

one particular player wins nearly all games.

opponents are real skypoker accounts yet do not appear to have played any games or mtt

bunch of three games against a new player every ten minutes.

• edited September 2014

is this to get all the new player bonuses?

• edited September 2014

i counted 18 new players... but i have no idea what was happening before i noticed.

• edited September 2014
    maybe it's someone collecting for their favourite charity? hope that £1000 is going to a good cause
    Posted by GELDY
    The National Society for the Prevention of Damage to Smoking Alien Statues. (NSPDSAS)
  • edited September 2014
    Hi everybody,

The issue has been dealt with and we are currently looking into it further, the Heads-Up Sit and Go lobby has been returned to normal with the Sit and Gos in question removed.

Thanks.

• edited September 2014
    Hi everybody, The issue has been dealt with and we are currently looking into it further, the Heads-Up Sit and Go lobby has been returned to normal with the Sit and Gos in question removed. Thanks.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    thanks peter.... but what was going on?  

• edited September 2014
    one particular player wins nearly all games. opponents are real skypoker accounts yet do not appear to have played any games or mtt bunch of three games against a new player every ten minutes.
    Posted by aussie09
    Obviously creating new accounts to get the new player bonus then dumping the chips to himself via HU sng's. Seen a few players doing this unfortunately...
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks SkyPeter for the feedback. Not the first day nor apparently the first culprit - sounds like you need some more detection systems in place. How about using sharkscope on all new accounts to check for improbable profitability?  One look at today's villains chart and it was very clear he needed investigating. There won't always be an aussie09 on the lookout. 
  • edited September 2014
     i am talking about the sng hu activity that aussie09 identified. This could be due to money laundering which is absolutely illegal. and i for one and I'm sure there are others that would never play on sky again if they allowed this to continue.
  • edited September 2014
    boy is he good! can we use sharkie for complimenting players? Wins : 341 Count : 362
    Posted by GELDY

the scale of this scam must have been quite significant.  he carried on after these figures.  say 500 games at an average of £4 this was skypoker being taken for £2,000.  had he got away with it.

was this a consequence of no longer requiring a deposit and giving a £10 bonus to new players who open an account?

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Strange Activity Right Now : the scale of this scam must have been quite significant.  he carried on after these figures.  say 500 games at an average of £4 this was skypoker being taken for £2,000.  had he got away with it. was this a consequence of no longer requiring a deposit and giving a £10 bonus to new players who open an account?  
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi Rob,

I try to answer all reasonable questions, but I honestly don't know the answer to this one, & I doubt the Office would tell me even if I asked, as it might compromise certain situations & procedures, & anyway, it's none of my business as it's outwith my remit. 

Not referring to yesterday's events, but the "backstop" is withdrawing the money from the site, which would be a big problem. The "activity profile" would certainly have trigger automatic alarms I imagine.

I have to say, too, that I'd very much doubt Sky Poker will reply or comment as to what steps they take to monitor & police these sort of things. People try all sorts of things, all the time, & there are various systems in place to deal with them. It's not just Sky Poker, it's all of SB&G, which is a very big outfit which handles huge amounts of accounts & transactions. Doubt they are going to tell you or me how they combat such things, it'd kind of give the game away.

• edited September 2014

hi tikay,

i understand if no news is released.  i am certain that there are big men with ferocious rotweillers in the fraud department.

• edited September 2014
    hi tikay, i understand if no news is released.  i am certain that there are big men with ferocious rotweillers in the fraud department.
    Posted by aussie09
    You don't wanna know Rob, trust me.

I took a photo of them last time I was in Leeds.

• edited September 2014

Pardon the de-rail, but about 12 years ago, Thewy gave me the tape of "Reservoir Dogs" as a Christmas or Birthday present. 

I sat down to watch it one night, but had to turn it off when it got to the bit where the policeman's ear was about to be sliced off, I was too squeamish to watch it. I tried several times since, but I just can't bear to see it.

He gave me "Pulp Fiction", too, which I loved, & watched many many times. Just as violent, I suppose, but the violence was so much more clinical, "bang bang you are dead" sort of thing. 

Weird how the mind works. Shooting a guy brown bread 6 times at point blank range is ok, slicing his ear off, not so much.

• edited September 2014
    Pardon the de-rail, but about 12 years ago, Thewy gave me the tape of "Reservoir Dogs" as a Christmas or Birthday present.  I sat down to watch it one night, but had to turn it off when it got to the bit where the policeman's ear was about to be sliced off, I was too squeamish to watch it. I tried several times since, but I just can't bear to see it.   He gave me "Pulp Fiction", too, which I loved, & watched many many times. Just as violent, I suppose, but the violence was so much more clinical, "bang bang you are dead" sort of thing.  Weird how the mind works. Shooting a guy brown bread 6 times at point blank range is ok, slicing his ear off, not so much.   
    Posted by Tikay10

it's is funny that you turn the dvd off just before the ear slicing.  because, if i recall correctly, you dont see a thing as the camera pans away from the scene. 

its all in your mind.  its only ever been in your mind.  if you watch it now you will probably be underwhelmed.  or less whelmed.

reservoir dogs and pulp fiction are superb.

but the best film ever is Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges in "The Fisher King".  You have to watch it, you'd love it.  With the lines, "I just want to pay a fine and go home." and, "Is it OK to be sad now?"

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Strange Activity Right Now : it's is funny that you turn the dvd off just before the ear slicing.  because, if i recall correctly, you dont see a thing as the camera pans away from the scene.  its all in your mind.  its only ever been in your mind.  if you watch it now you will probably be underwhelmed.  but it will remain horrible in your imagination. reservoir dogs and pulp fiction are superb. but the best film ever is Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges in "The Fisher King".  You have to watch it, you'd love it.  With the lines, "I just want to pay a fine and go home." and, "Is it OK to be sad now?"
    Posted by aussie09
    I missed it all those years, & they never show the actual slicing his ear off bit? Sigh, lol. I still have it somewhere, but I've not used my VHS recorder for a while now, not even sure it still works. "Great British Steam" got jammed in it last time I used it.

LOVED Pulp Fiction, even though I've not seen 10 films in my life. OK, 20 maybe, absolute tops.

Will have a look for "The Fisher King", but to be honest, I pretty much only watch wildlife Docs & Sport these days.  The "Wild" Series on Nat Geo is the best wildlife & nature stuff I've ever seen, better even than David Attenborough's stuff.

I agree, the mind is such a strange & wonderful thing.

If I may ask, how is George these days?

• edited September 2014
     i am talking about the sng hu activity that aussie09 identified. This could be due to money laundering which is absolutely illegal. and i for one and I'm sure there are others that would never play on sky again if they allowed this to continue.
    Posted by GELDY
    can we stay on topic please - this activity is not a laughing matter
    (#seriousface)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Strange Activity Right Now : can we stay on topic please - this activity is not a laughing matter (#seriousface)
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm not briefed to answer that question, it's way above my remit, but Sky Poker would never knowingly permit money-laundering Gelders. When something like that arises, it gets referred to all the relevant agencies.  
  • edited September 2014

yes, he's doing fine thanks.

somehow, I have linked films to people in my life.  "The Fisher King" and "Life is Beautiful" are the two films about him.  "Amelie" is my daughter.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense.

• edited September 2014
    Pardon the de-rail, but about 12 years ago, Thewy gave me the tape of "Reservoir Dogs" as a Christmas or Birthday present.  I sat down to watch it one night, but had to turn it off when it got to the bit where the policeman's ear was about to be sliced off, I was too squeamish to watch it. I tried several times since, but I just can't bear to see it.   He gave me "Pulp Fiction", too, which I loved, & watched many many times. Just as violent, I suppose, but the violence was so much more clinical, "bang bang you are dead" sort of thing.  Weird how the mind works. Shooting a guy brown bread 6 times at point blank range is ok, slicing his ear off, not so much.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Such a shame, as previously pointed out it cuts away and then some fluffy bunny rabbits and puppies come into the shot and the rest of the film is about nature and railways, honest.