You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hijacking another thread

2»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread:
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : of course he will win he is a writer after all, did you not no that.:):)
    Posted by paige55
    It's not about winning or losing, Paige. Tsarina just wants to denounce my solitary comment without having spoken to the Judge for clarification as to his position on it all.
  • edited September 2014
    nite you slippery one :):)
  • edited September 2014
    There is a log off button 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : That is why I mentioned the chicken, which makes it entirely relevant. Try to keep up, dear.
    Posted by Slipwater
    That sort of condescending comment rather exemplifies how you far too easily slip into condescension or sarcasm with others who you consider to be inferior.

I imagine you must find it awfully difficult to cope with the reality of successful female poker players, or women who hold positions of power.

Wake up, Slipwater,  This is the twenty first century.  Women and people from all backgrounds are no longer excluded from success and positons of power.

Nice try Slipwater and good luck on the tables.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : That sort of condescending comment rather exemplifies how you far too easily slip into condescension or sarcasm with others who you consider to be inferior. I imagine you must find it awfully difficult to cope with the reality of successful female poker players, or women who hold positions of power. Wake up, Slipwater,  This is the twenty first century.  Women and people from all backgrounds are no longer excluded from success and positons of power. Nice try Slipwater and good luck on the tables.
    Posted by tsarina
    I don't consider you inferior.

Merely your point.
  • edited September 2014

Morning Judge.

Lovely excuse to use a photo that I really like to get your thread back on track.....

Railway track, ooohhhh
  • edited September 2014

Judgey,

If memory serves me corrrect, you won the PRIMO a few years back, right? Top work.

You & I had a convo a while back about horseracing, too, we discussed, I think, the great Tingle Creek, so I'm interested to hear more about your time working as a "lad" in the Racing Stables.  

How long ago was that? Do you remember the Stable Lads strike, when the Guineas meeting @ Newmarket was terribly disrupted, riots on the course, all sorts?

Some memory jogs about that are here....

http://observer.theguardian.com/osm/story/0,,482474,00.html

Extraordinary story.

Here's Willie Carson, being pulled off his mount down at the starting gate. Piggott was involved, to, he "charged" the strikers.

Have you got any views on who will win this weeks St Leger?

Good luck with the Bankroll Challenge.
  • edited September 2014

way too straight, Teeks, the tracks this thread are on look more like (not being gifted with insta-photo I've had to sketch it out myself)

....II....II........
    ...II......II.......
    ..II.......II.......
    ...II.....II........
    ....II...II.........
    ......II.II.........
    ........III.........
    .........X.........

interesting how tiara girl has switched sides and become the smoking alien of this thread.
    imho banter is good, abuse is not, but I don't think slippy has crossed the line.

meanwhile best of luck Judgy, with your challenge.

• edited September 2014
    hi guys,

I know my english isnt what it should be,and yes i,d probaly could do with some help with the correct grammar.
    however if everything was grammatically correct,well that would not be a true reflection of myself.
    My intention was to try this challenge,and let the sky community know,how it was going,i have tried to use humor,as that reflects me as a person.Now in the posts, i have also tried to explain how i played the hands and why,and most important what my own thoughts were.Yes there will be many,incorrect spellings,not the correct use of the queens english,but hey thats me.

Yes TK i did win the primo,and have been at the final table of a few M.E,and cashed several times.

I havent played on this site for over ayear now,down to stupidity(is that correct),could u believe it ,i thought i was better than i was,so couldnt really handle bad beats,only because i was probaly playing,outwith my bankroll. well anyway i m back.

I am hoping to learn discipline from this challenge.

Tingle Creek what a horse, it was ridden every day by H thomson jones head lad,Fred Flippance (what a truly decent man he was)

Oh yes feed back,yes all is welcome,be it on my poker,grammar,spelling or anything else.I do not offend easily

Basically i would welcome any feedback on my wee ,if they are funny or not,and how i could improve them stories.

So keep reading,and all help with any ideas that u might have.
  • edited September 2014

PS if u have any writting tips slipwater,now that would be very helpful.
  • edited September 2014
    hi guys, I know my english isnt what it should be,and yes i,d probaly could do with some help with the correct grammar. however if everything was grammatically correct,well that would not be a true reflection of myself. My intention was to try this challenge,and let the sky community know,how it was going,i have tried to use humor,as that reflects me as a person.Now in the posts, i have also tried to explain how i played the hands and why,and most important what my own thoughts were.Yes there will be many,incorrect spellings,not the correct use of the queens english,but hey thats me. Yes TK i did win the primo,and have been at the final table of a few M.E,and cashed several times. I havent played on this site for over ayear now,down to stupidity(is that correct),could u believe it ,i thought i was better than i was,so couldnt really handle bad beats,only because i was probaly playing,outwith my bankroll. well anyway i m back. I am hoping to learn discipline from this challenge. Tingle Creek what a horse, it was ridden every day by H thomson jones head lad,Fred Flippance (what a truly decent man he was) Oh yes feed back,yes all is welcome,be it on my poker,grammar,spelling or anything else.I do not offend easily Basically i would welcome any feedback on my wee ,if they are funny or not,and how i could improve them stories. So keep reading,and all help with any ideas that u might have.
    Posted by thejudge10
    Incred name he had, too! Fred Flippance.

There is brief mention of him here....

http://www.johnhills.com/johnhills.htm

You struggled to handle bad beats? Worry not, watch out next week, help is at hand for everyone who struggles in that department.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : Incred name he had, too! Fred Flippance . There is brief mention of him here.... http://www.johnhills.com/johnhills.htm You struggled to handle bad beats? Worry not, watch out next week, help is at hand for everyone who struggles in that department.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sky are changing their software so that the best hand when the money goes in the middle always wins?

Imagine the game of poker without any bad beat stories... how much happier would everyone be!
  • edited September 2014
    ps good luck with your challenge Judge!

Am sure I've seen you at my tables in the past couple of weeks... although I'm not the most observant and it may be another name with 'judge' in it. If it was you, it's another name I'll be trying not to play too many tables with as you seemed a pretty competent cash player.
  • edited September 2014
    Evening Judge - glad I didn't come back from work to a hail of abuse in this thread. Offence is not my bag, so apologies if that's how you read it. It was meant to be good-natured ribbing. You know, two guys down the pub swapping digs over a drink.

Anyways, good luck with your challenge :)
  • edited September 2014
    Slipwater likes to have a lil dig to people with grammar difficulty and spelling like he does with me   he thinks its funny but  for the person who has these difficultys it aint funny at all   im sure we all have are faults slipwater im sure there is something u aint good at poker for a start but u dnt see me take the mick out of u on that :)
  • edited September 2014
    Slipwater likes to have a lil dig to people with grammar difficulty and spelling like he does with me   he thinks its funny but  for the person who has these difficultys it aint funny at all   im sure we all have are faults slipwater im sure there is something u aint good at poker for a start but u dnt see me take the mick out of u on that :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Good to see the donk is back :)
  • edited September 2014
    :) thanks stuarty
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lolz ;)
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You seem to have spaces where the fullstops should be i think you're grammar is fine but you're full stop button is broken!
  • edited September 2014
    hi guys, I know my english isnt what it should be,and yes i,d probaly could do with some help with the correct grammar. however if everything was grammatically correct,well that would not be a true reflection of myself.  Oh yes feed back,yes all is welcome,be it on my poker,grammar,spelling or anything else.I do not offend easily Basically i would welcome any feedback on my wee ,if they are funny or not,and how i could improve them stories. So keep reading,and all help with any ideas that u might have.
    Posted by thejudge10

I wouldn't worry too much about your grammar and spelling. It's better than a lot of posters on this and other forums I read.
    I am a little concerned about your wee though. Have you been eating a lot of Sugar Puffs ?
  • edited September 2014
    For advice just post up some hands/spots that you find difficult and we can offer some advice, otherwise just get used to beats and variance because you will see plenty
  • edited September 2014
    If you re-read the posts, tsarina, you'll see where humour and sarcasm are cross-pollinated, and I'm not the only one guilty of it. I often address language, spelling, et al in my posts, because that's my... thing. It's never intended maliciously - which most people around these parts know - and it certainly wasn't in this instance. You always run the risk of 'losing something in translation', and that is what has happened here on both sides . Sarcasm often falls down in this medium.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence as far as im concerned it may not be appreciated by all but it takes a quick mind to be able to think of sarcastic responses

ive had comments made on my posts by slip and if you cannot take a joke then you shouldn't read his posts

its not meant to be harmful in any way
  • edited September 2014
    Calm down, folks. The guy finished his opening post with, "Any feedback would be helpful", so I made a rudimentary comment - with my tongue firmly in my cheek - which actually does fulfil the criteria of being any help . It was one line, which I'm sure Judge is over already.
    Posted by Slipwater
    You making trouble again? :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence as far as im concerned it may not be appreciated by all but it takes a quick mind to be able to think of sarcastic responses ive had comments made on my posts by slip and if you cannot take a joke then you shouldn't read his posts   its not meant to be harmful in any way
    Posted by Haemophile
    Sarcastic like saying you're rubbish at poker because you uncontollably bleed chips? 

Been waiting ages for a chance to use that one :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : Sarcastic like saying you're rubbish at poker because you uncontollably bleed chips?  Been waiting ages for a chance to use that one :)
    Posted by bromley04
    Careful

Slip will be after you ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : Careful Slip will be after you ;)
    Posted by Jac35
    Phew.

That was like an itch I couldn't quite reach.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hijacking another thread : Careful Slip will be after you ;)
    Posted by Jac35
    Can't believe I blew my chance to make the joke :(